Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 433177 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1035
@Gointocarlton

Yep, thanks for those graphs. A few of us have suspected and stated as much, the truth is most likely public infection rates are higher than reported in some regions but minor/mild cases are not being categorised as SARS-CoV-2 due to zero testing, not because those regions are clear. You get a certain number of cases for a certain number of tests on average. It is the Trump mentality, don't test and you don't get COVID!

The problem is the minor/mild cases, the cases not being reported or found, have very very real long term effects!

btw., Initially you may think that conclusion is wrong, but look at the scale of the left or right Y-Axis indexes and you see they change from graph to graph, it's a bit deceptive.

The other deceptive issue is you have to look at where those tests were made, lots of tests in a remote indigenous community in the Great Sandy Desert are not the equal of the same number of tests made in a Carlton High rise apartment block!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1036
Just heard that Buckley and Sanderson are the two Coll coaches who broke Covid restrictions via game of tennis.  This should prove interesting.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1037
Coll fined $50k, the two individuals to pay half of it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1038
I've gone in to bat for the state and federal leaders re their management of the C-19. But I am a little confused by Dan of late. When the first 'wave' of C-19 came, he was on it like a lion on its prey. But with the 2nd wave he's nibbled at it... bit by bit. Maybe he thought we have the resources now to allow some infections so the economy is not as impacted as last time... not sure.

But his approach has been somewhat reactive and if he expected people to 'self isolate' in toto and not go to work if at all if symptomatic, then he was very, very naive - has a lot more faith in we humans than I do (most folks are rippers but, sadly, you gotta plan for the damaging minority whose ignorance, sneakiness and stupidity will undermine your trust and cause trouble).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1039
I've gone in to bat for the state and federal leaders re their management of the C-19. But I am a little confused by Dan of late. When the first 'wave' of C-19 came, he was on it like a lion on its prey. But with the 2nd wave he's nibbled at it... bit by bit. Maybe he thought we have the resources now to allow some infections so the economy is not as impacted as last time... not sure.

But his approach has been somewhat reactive and if he expected people to 'self isolate' in toto and not go to work if at all if symptomatic, then he was very, very naive - has a lot more faith in we humans than I do (most folks are rippers but, sadly, you gotta plan for the damaging minority whose ignorance, sneakiness and stupidity will undermine your trust and cause trouble).

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

People were calling for his head because he went over and above what was expected at the time. Too harsh. Should've opened everything up sooner,  etc.

Now people are saying he is not harsh enough.

He's caught between a rock and a hard place and there is no right answer.

Stop the spread by locking down everyone and kill the economy.
Have some trust in your people to do the right thing, and keep the economy alive.....and have your people ruin it for you.

I think he is trying to please everyone, and in the process is pleasing no one.

Poor bugger can't win.

Reply #1040
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

People were calling for his head because he went over and above what was expected at the time. Too harsh. Should've opened everything up sooner,  etc.

Now people are saying he is not harsh enough.

He's caught between a rock and a hard place and there is no right answer.

Stop the spread by locking down everyone and kill the economy.
Have some trust in your people to do the right thing, and keep the economy alive.....and have your people ruin it for you.

I think he is trying to please everyone, and in the process is pleasing no one.

Poor bugger can't win.

Actually, I totally agree. No matter what you do, many will find you wrong. I thought he did extremely well the first time so I was not in the critical corner which is why I was confused with him, seemingly, soft pedalling this time.

Overall, however, I really do think all state and federal leaders have done well and hopefully the bulge in Victorian numbers this time will soon be under control.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1041
Dan has blood on his hands due to his quarantine decisions leading to the deaths of many and the longterm health problems of a great many others. The control freak and his government haven't been able to tell us how the decision was made and who should be accountable. This inquiry is too little and too late.

Reply #1042
6 week lockdown coming Wed ala NZ style in metro melb, only chemists, grocery stores and petrol stations, everything else shut incl PT. One person only per household only at a time allowed out for supplies. Must remain within 5km of your house. Needs to be done. Regional Vic and Mitchshire will be at stage 3.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1043
Coll fined $50k, the two individuals to pay half of it.
Buckey and Sanderson played tennis with Alecia Molic and one other, the will apparently pay out of their own pockets.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1044
6 week lockdown coming Wed ala NZ style in metro melb, only chemists, grocery stores and petrol stations, everything else shut incl PT. One person only per household only at a time allowed out for supplies. Must remain within 5km of your house. Needs to be done. Regional Vic and Mitchshire will be at stage 3.

I just came on to post the same thing.

Where did you hear that from? Its doing the rounds.

Reply #1045
I just came on to post the same thing.

Where did you hear that from? Its doing the rounds.
I know a guy, name's Dan.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1047
Sorry G2C what is "PT"?

Reply #1049
Has he announced it already?

First heard this rumour a few hours ago. Was told it will be announced tomorrow.
Not announced yet but heard from people who work in gov depts that theyve been told thats whats going to happen. Lets see whats announced (if at all) tomorrow.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th