Skip to main content
Topic: Rafa Nadal (Read 19595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rafa Nadal

Reply #30
The tests are what they are. Nadal has broken down more times than I care to remember, and has missed / pulled out of plenty of tournaments over the journey. His peds must be Home Brand.

Not having a crack at RN any more than RF or the others....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #31
The tests are what they are. Nadal has broken down more times than I care to remember, and has missed / pulled out of plenty of tournaments over the journey. His peds must be Home Brand.

Firstly, I have no idea about tennis, but I would not be surprised to find any high income professional sport riddled with PED use! The amount of money available is too high, as much as gambling or crime, so why wouldn't there be some organised criminal activities in most professional sports!

I suppose you could argue breaking down could easily be a symptom of PED use, especially if it is due to tears in muscles or connecting tissue. The tell might be how quickly someone recovers from these types of injuries!

The CheatsFC saga exposed the many and varied benefits of PEDs, it wasn't just about being stronger or faster, it was also about being able to recover quicker which allowed a heavier work load than an otherwise unassisted athlete.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
2019 French Open

6-3 5-7 6-1 6-1

18 Slams. 12 French titles. Amazing effort anyway you slice it.

Reply #33
Nadal's was questioned why he was on centre court ahead of Women's number 1 Ash Barty.

His response "I've won 18 grand slams" ;D
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Nadal's was questioned why he was on centre court ahead of Women's number 1 Ash Barty.

Fair call by Nadal.

And I'm no Rafa fan....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35

Stupid question, I suspect from a gutless journo who is happy to wind up Nadal but give Williams a free pass!

btw., Are we naive to assume it was the Riske camp paying for the tactical analysis on Barty, or perhaps a interested 3rd party?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Stupid question, I suspect from a gutless journo who is happy to wind up Nadal but give Williams a free

No name English journo who received the groans of the room when the question was asked.

Reply #37
Is there some irony in hearing Jeff Kennett, famous for being the Apple Isle's abusive partner, telling Tennis Australia it's time to dump the selfish brat in Tomic?

Ignoring what's right or wrong, it just seems a bit uncomfortable coming from Jeff!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Is there some irony in hearing Jeff Kennett, famous for being the Apple Isle's abusive partner, telling Tennis Australia it's time to dump the selfish brat in Tomic?

Ignoring what's right or wrong, it just seems a bit uncomfortable coming from Jeff!

I’d be asking Jeff to clarify what he means by ‘Tennis Australia dumping the selfish brat??’  The only association he may have with TA is through Davis Cup representation and that ain’t ever going to happen. He is entitled to have his nationality next to his name, but that’s where it ends. Tomic is well and truly on his own in every sense of the words.

Reply #39
Nadal wins his 4th US open to take his grand slam tally to 19.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #40
Super player and super effort. Amazing match. Medvedev is a champion in the making. The Greatest Of All Time debate rages on, and at this point, Nadal must be in front. 1 less Slam than Federer, a better head to head record, and when you consider how many matches / tournaments Nadal has missed through injury, and to still be this close to Fed............

Reply #43
Djokovic is actually better than both.

Federa, Nadal, Djokovic

I suppose how you rank them depends on what you measure them by, implementation, achievement or attitude?

For me;

Nadal - Like the Great Wall of China, always left standing after opponents collapse exhausted on it's flanks, but it doesn't really do anything! A Survivor but mostly Outlast, not so much Outwit or Outplay

Federer - An Assassin - Dragons or Girl Scouts he'll dispatch them equally without bias, but if the weather is bad he stays home to kill some other day!

Djokovic - The Tsunami - He can sweep and smash all before him, but will give up as soon as he encounters a little hill!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
Djokovic is actually better than both.

His best tennis is the best tennis that has ever been played by anyone, including Fed and Rafa. And he wins the h2h against both at the moment. So it's a fair point. But injury and form loss have robbed him to a fair degree IMO.