Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood (Read 2768 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8- Pre Game Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #60
Elliott and Mihocek normally dine out us and Sidebottom runs around by himself racking it up. If I see that Ill spew up.
Had some poor matchups on these players and non existant opponents on Sidebottom and Josh Daicos who just get on their own continually. I reckon we would have learned a lot from previous games and have better plans to curtail their more dangerous players and I think DeGoey is a major out for them that they cant replace in the middle.
Being more efficient ourselves is one of our major issues and being able to convert our chances are keys to beating Collingwood as much as worrying about their players imho.

Reply #61
Had some poor matchups on these players and non existant opponents on Sidebottom and Josh Daicos who just get on their own continually. I reckon we would have learned a lot from previous games and have better plans to curtail their more dangerous players and I think DeGoey is a major out for them that they cant replace in the middle.
Being more efficient ourselves is one of our major issues and being able to convert our chances are keys to beating Collingwood as much as worrying about their players imho.

Nailed it EB.

If we can make the most of our midfield dominance and forward 50 entries, we should come away with a good win.  Failure to capitalise on our strengths opens the door for Rottingwood.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Wonder if it'll be Cottrell that goes to Daicos? Sidebottom has been terribly outta form this year so hopefully this isn't the week he discovers it again.

On paper we look to have the edge even without Saad, McGovern, Martin, Motlop.....but history shows ladder positions don't usually mean much. If we can bring the pressure that we showed for the majority of that GWS game (apart from 20 minutes of the second quarter), we can win.

Reply #63
Wonder if it'll be Cottrell that goes to Daicos? Sidebottom has been terribly outta form this year so hopefully this isn't the week he discovers it again.

On paper we look to have the edge even without Saad, McGovern, Martin, Motlop.....but history shows ladder positions don't usually mean much. If we can bring the pressure that we showed for the majority of that GWS game (apart from 20 minutes of the second quarter), we can win.
Big question for me is will Nick Daicos start in the middle as an attacking option or will McRae look to run a negative group to restrict and stifle our midfield and then look to counter attack from half back where they have picked a few options.
I think he might play Pendlebury on Cripps and use Crisp to tag Walsh, I even think Maynard might get a run in the middle to shake things up and try and counter our bigger mids. Id expect Sidebottom to line up on the wing as per usual when he plays us.

Reply #64
Kennedy Sub. Strange choice.

Reply #65
Kennedy Sub. Strange choice.

Mm... yep, strange choice. Well, I guess (hope) they know what they're doing...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #66
Mm... yep, strange choice. Well, I guess (hope) they know what they're doing...
Maybe a question of speed, or lack of. Pies are quick.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #67
Maybe a question of speed, or lack of. Pies are quick.
Not gonna help if he does come on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time