Skip to main content
Topic: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 47147 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Crash,

I tried to follow your format. Please correct it if you need to.

Sunday April 24, Domain Stadium - 2.10PM AWST

Dockers found some real form today against very good opposition, kicking over 100 points, which could easily have been more.

Dockers by 7 goals.

Re: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #1
Freo v Carlton. The biggest loser - AFL style.

Reply #2
Can we get our selection right.

PICK JAKSCH!!! for the love of god.

Reply #3
Out: Kreuzer

In: Jones
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
Dockers are not real flash and if it was over here and they had won at least one game we might make it uncomfortable for them but they will be very desperate on their hometrack for their 1st win..bogeyman Sandilands wont be playing which will help but you would think the  Dockers by 3-5 goals.

Like to see Jones and Jaksch in.......Kruezer out but I know that wont happen and it will probably be Philips or Casboult..

Not a fan of Tutt yet so I dont want to see him in.....but I reckon we will be after some run in the warmer conditions and he might get a game ..would prefer
the more sweet kicking Viojo Rainbow to debut.....Suckling really stood out for the Dogs with his kicking and be nice if we had a weapon by foot who could deliver in a similar fashion...

Reply #5
Dunno about Tutt. He is a very poor decision-maker. It will interning to see how young Weitering goes against old Pavelich.

Reply #6
This could be football's first 0-0 draw.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7

OUT: Kreuzer, Murphy (head)
IN: Jones, DVR

On thin ice: Graham, Buckley, Rowe

Reply #8

On thin ice: Graham, Buckley, Rowe

On thin ice: Graham, Buckley, Gibbs (very thin for the pony tail bandit).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
We have nobody to stop Fyfe, Neale and Hill, and nobody to significantly trouble the Freo defence.

So I suspect Freo will win comfortably, and I am not sure list changes will make much difference.

One positive, our players can keep up with Fyfe if they are well organised, even if they cannot stop him. But I worry we will play Barlow and Ballantyne into form.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
On the other hand their back up rucks are as bad as ours, their defence is setting up terribly and their forwards are not playing well.  No Mundy to bully us into submission as well.  And they are slow, painfully slow.

Rowe can match up Pav and Doc and Plow can take Ballantyne and his mate.

I give us a fighting chance if we're fair dinkum and (unlikely as it seems) with get a fair run with officialdom.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
On the other hand their back up rucks are as bad as ours, their defence is setting up terribly and their forwards are not playing well.  No Mundy to bully us into submission as well.  And they are slow, painfully slow.

Rowe can match up Pav and Doc and Plow can take Ballantyne and his mate.

I give us a fighting chance if we're fair dinkum and (unlikely as it seems) with get a fair run with officialdom.

They report he's a chance, but I doubt it if his calf is anything more than a bruise.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Crash,

I tried to follow your format. Please correct it if you need to.

Sunday April 24, Domain Stadium - 2.10PM AWST

Dockers found some real form today against very good opposition, kicking over 100 points, which could easily have been more.

Dockers by 7 goals.
No problems with the format, mate.
I wish I could argue with your conclusion, but they are playing at home and we can't kick enough goals.
I liked our play after half time against the Dogs, but we really found it hard to kick a goal then. We simply shouldn't have lost by as much as we did. The positive is that Freo don't score like the Dogs, which gives us a chance. But their effort was a big improvement and they are a more mature team. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
No problems with the format, mate.
I wish I could argue with your conclusion, but they are playing at home and we can't kick enough goals.
I liked our play after half time against the Dogs, but we really found it hard to kick a goal then. We simply shouldn't have lost by as much as we did. The positive is that Freo don't score like the Dogs, which gives us a chance. But their effort was a big improvement and they are a more mature team. :(

Yes, even though they are winless like us and sit just above us on the ladder, I reckon they can smell some easy prey, and will be primed for their first win.

Reply #14
In Smith, out Buckley.
Freo took it right up to North for most of the game yesterday, we won't get within 6 goals of them in Perth.
Jones needs a few good VFL games on the trot as far as I'm concerned.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.