Skip to main content
Topic: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 50032 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #90
Fremantle

B: Cameron Sutcliffe, Zac Dawson, Lee Spurr.
HB: Alex Pearce, Michael Johnson, Tommy Sheridan.
C: Lachie Weller, Stephen Hill, Danyle Pearce.
HF: Michael Barlow, Matthew Pavlich, Hayden Ballantyne.
F: Michael Walters, Chris Mayne, Matt Taberner.
Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Nat Fyfe, Lachie Neale.
Int: Hayden Crozier, Ed Langdon, Darcy Tucker, Brady Grey, Garrick Ibbotson, Nick Suban, Zac Clarke (Three to be omitted)

In: Darcy Tucker, Brady Grey, Zac Clarke.

New:  Darcy Tucker

To be honest, I expect Clarke to play. Griffin will need someone to give him a rest. Griffin hasn't played a lot against us, but the last 2 times he had great games.
Mayne was named, something of a surprise. I hope he is half fit, but he usually has a good game against us as well. :(

Carlton

B: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Ciaran Byrne.
HB: Lachie Plowman, Sam Rowe, Bryce Gibbs.
C: Dale Thomas, Ed Curnow, Sam Docherty.
HF: Liam Sumner, Levi Casboult, Matthew Wright.
F: Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Marc Murphy.
Foll: Andrew Phillips, Patrick Cripps, Sam Kerridge.
Int: Dylan Buckley, Nick Graham, Michael Jamison, Liam Jones, Matthew Kreuzer, Zach Tuohy, Simon White (Three to be omitted).

In:Michael Jamison, Liam Jones, Simon White

I expect us to take at least 2 of the 3 emergencies. It seems to be our style under Bolton. Fair enough, but the emergencies don't usually get a game that weekend at all. There is a smaller probability that we will take all 3. Two is more likely, as the VFL has now entered proper competition.
I do not think all of the 3 'Ins' will play. White's good game last week might get him the nod, but Jones' goals could get hi over the line.
I would not have named Thomas. He didn't get through last week's game and was listed as having both ankle and knee issues at the time. I hate us playing half fit players, but we do name them and usually play them anyway. So I think it most likely that Thomas will play, but I wouldn't have named him.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #92
I think Bux and Nicky G are in strife based on output.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
So far this year is the same.

Same as in useless maybe, same as in winless definitely, but very very different to watch. Parts of it a very very good, but not enough parts at this stage.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
Same as in useless maybe, same as in winless definitely, but very very different to watch. Parts of it a very very good, but not enough parts at this stage.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Reply #97
Yep Graham has dropped off. Can't see him playing.

Funny that there seems to be a bit of competition for places - in a team that can't win a game.

Lots of ordinary players?

Reply #99
From what I can see on the AFL App Kreuzer and Touhy aren't on the list, who have been replaced by Jamo and Jones

Reply #100
From what I can see on the AFL App Kreuzer and Touhy aren't on the list, who have been replaced by Jamo and Jones

The AFL App has two sets of interchange players; Buckley, Graham, Jamison and Jones on one, Jones, Kreuzer, Tuohy and White on the other  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #101
White to do a run with role on Fyfe?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #102
White to do a run with role on Fyfe?

He's not shown in the starting 18 on the AFL website, but I don't know how binding those teams are........

At any rate, I don't mind this match up. White likes a bit of niggle, has good size, and Fyfe has shown in the past that he has a slightly short fuse.

Reply #103
Yep Graham has dropped off. Can't see him playing.

Graham one poor game.....would be completely unfair to drop him on that. Unless you consider one poor game to be dropping off? I would have thought that kind of thing would involve a couple of games. Either way, was sub standard last week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #104
So far this year is the same.

No, there is a clear difference in our gameplan but the remoras aren't putting in or buying in or maybe even both.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!