Skip to main content
Topic: Parks and Fog's, is Curly's boy the Real Gem? (Read 3485 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Parks and Fog's, is Curly's boy the Real Gem?

Reply #15

As for Cunningham, LOB and Dow - there is still hope there
EFA
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
EFA

I really hope LOB makes it. Guys that can run all day and kick like that don't grow on trees. Not to say he hasn't got holes in his game.

Cunningham just needs the ball in his hands more. Ridiculous he's playing 2s and Samo is jogging around half back flank in luke-warm form. We need speed out of defense! Give Cunningham a job.

Reply #17
Cunningham will come good IMHO.

His problems are a bit different to the others.  He'll actually improve as he plays more because he has bags of ability but seems to go missing for periods.  That is one aspect a player can work on and improve and its usually linked to their ability to read the game and know their role.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18

His problems are a bit different to the others.  He'll actually improve as he plays more because he has bags of ability but seems to go missing for periods.  That is one aspect a player can work on and improve and its usually linked to their ability to read the game and know their role.

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
I really hope LOB makes it. Guys that can run all day and kick like that don't grow on trees. Not to say he hasn't got holes in his game.

Cunningham just needs the ball in his hands more. Ridiculous he's playing 2s and Samo is jogging around half back flank in luke-warm form. We need speed out of defense! Give Cunningham a job.
Personally, I think Cunningham is a mile behind SPS, and SPS is just what Jack Dyer would call a good ordinary footballer. We probably won't see the best of SPS until Ed retires, then I think you'll find SPS at more stoppages.

At the moment I see Cunningham as a highlight player, a quarter here or there, he's not the type we need right now and I'm not sure his spot won't be taken by guys like Philp who offer more consistent footy. Certainly Fogarty has made life much harder for Cunningham.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Just glad we didn't blow the bank on someone like a Hannaberry....just read he's done another calf...the other one. That 4 year deal the Saints offered him on big coin had bad news written all over it...he was busted up well and truly by then.

Reckon the 'Aints are the poster child for SOS' theory on "anyone can build a list to finish 8th".....  made some big splashes in recent offseasons, but were they the right splashes ??

We have been crucified in recent years for not making moves during trade week (esp by the journos who see the club who made the most moves as the winner of the offseason, no matter what those moves are), but i think the strategy of not making moves just for the sake of it, and waiting for the right ones to come along (Martin, Saad, Williams, Fogarty) is proving to be the correct one  (maybe the McGovern one is a bit whiffy, but it could come good)

All those journos blowing the Aints for picking up Hannabery, Ryder, Hill and Jones......... they still think these were such great pick ups? (esp when it meant Josh Bruce out the door??)

Reply #21
Personally, I think Cunningham is a mile behind SPS, and SPS is just what Jack Dyer would call a good ordinary footballer. We probably won't see the best of SPS until Ed retires, then I think you'll find SPS at more stoppages.

At the moment I see Cunningham as a highlight player, a quarter here or there, he's not the type we need right now and I'm not sure his spot won't be taken by guys like Philp who offer more consistent footy. Certainly Fogarty has made life much harder for Cunningham.

Agree...the reality is Cottrell is getting a game ahead of these initially higher rated players and its not because he has more talent.
Cottrell has something the coach wants more of and players like Cuningham, LOB cant deliver that ingredient the team needs...
You can probably carry one or two players on talent alone ie SPS but thats about the max.

Reply #22
What when he's forty? Delist him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #24
I'd look at trading him first, maybe a club could be suckered in watching his highlight reel.
Name a club stupid enough.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
Cunningham into his 6th season.....I reckon we've been waiting long enough.

Reply #27
North.....
Not even they are that stupid. The guy is a VFL player at best.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
Not even they are that stupid. The guy is a VFL player at best.
Got rid of one of their few decent players in Ben Brown for not much, picked up the likes of Jayden Stephenson who is on a nice fat contract courtesy of Collingwood  and recruited Jared Polec on big dollars who they tried to move on but no one else would touch. They are about as stupid as it gets IMHO.....

Reply #29
Got rid of one of their few decent players in Ben Brown for not much, picked up the likes of Jayden Stephenson who is on a nice fat contract courtesy of Collingwood  and recruited Jared Polec on big dollars who they tried to move on but no one else would touch. They are about as stupid as it gets IMHO.....
I still can't workout why they did that.

He must have wanted out more than they wanted him.

Paul Hewson