Skip to main content

Poll

Pick your best 22 players (22 votes allowed!)

1 - Walker
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
2 - Menzel
[ 18 ] (3.6%)
3 - Murphy
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
5 - Judd
[ 5 ] (1%)
6 - Simpson
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
7 - Buckley
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
9 - Cripps
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 0 ] (0%)
11 - Warnock
[ 0 ] (0%)
12 - Boekhorst
[ 16 ] (3.2%)
13 - Yarran
[ 6 ] (1.2%)
14 - Jones
[ 0 ] (0%)
15 - Docherty
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
16 - Viojo-Rainbow
[ 0 ] (0%)
17 - Rowe
[ 15 ] (3%)
18 - Jaksch
[ 15 ] (3%)
19 - Giles
[ 0 ] (0%)
20 - Holman
[ 7 ] (1.4%)
21 - Sheehan
[ 4 ] (0.8%)
22 - Tutt
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (0.6%)
24 - Whiley
[ 3 ] (0.6%)
25 - Smith
[ 0 ] (0%)
26 - Foster
[ 0 ] (0%)
27 - Armfield
[ 19 ] (3.8%)
28 - Bell
[ 16 ] (3.2%)
29 - Gowers
[ 0 ] (0%)
30 - Johnson
[ 0 ] (0%)
31 - Dick
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
32 - Graham
[ 20 ] (4%)
33 - Everitt
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
34 - Walsh
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
35 - Curnow
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
36 - Wood
[ 12 ] (2.4%)
37 - Fields
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Byrne
[ 7 ] (1.4%)
39 - Thomas
[ 19 ] (3.8%)
40 - Jamison
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
41 - Casboult
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
43 - White
[ 14 ] (2.8%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 6 ] (1.2%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)
47 - Russell
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Topic: Pick your best 22 players - Part 8 (Season over - wooden spooners) (Read 118777 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pick your best 22 players

Reply #105
All we have to do is wait until he inevitably sprays the ball straight into our hands!  :D  :P

Will be interesting to see the team's reaction to one of them being Robbo'ed

Interesting to see Robbo's reaction when he gets Bell'd.  8)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #106
All we have to do is wait until he inevitably sprays the ball straight into our hands!  :D  :P

What like Bell is tough guy is he? Robbo would eat him for Breakfast. Bell is one of the most overrated, overhyped players on our list. Has shown me nothing special what so ever. Isnt polished in his disposal at all and I would be surprised to see him get a game this year if it wasnt for injuries to others.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107

What like Bell is tough guy is he? Robbo would eat him for Breakfast. Bell is one of the most overrated, overhyped players on our list. Has shown me nothing special what so ever. Isnt polished in his disposal at all and I would be surprised to see him get a game this year if it wasnt for injuries to others.

I must have been watching a different player  ???

Robbo's hits are often of little consequence.  He tried to take out Hodge last season and ended up getting hurt himself, much to Hodge's amusement.  Bell is more subtle and more effective when he clobbers an opponent.  If they were to go toe to toe, I'd back Bell.

As I see it, Bell will be competing with Cripps and Whiley and Bell's inefficient disposal probably gives Cripps a slight edge.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
Hodge was one incident. The you've been Robbo'ed thread has plenty of counter examples and I can't think of a single instance where someone called his hit inconsequential at the time.

Reply #109
Hodge was one incident. The you've been Robbo'ed thread has plenty of counter examples.
Agree, Robbo is human cannon ball. No regards for his body or well being. No one in the comp comes close w.r.t. that attribute.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #110
Some of Robbo's attempts at being a tough guy may have at times looked spectacular, but has he ever really hurt anyone?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #111
Some of Robbo's attempts at being a tough guy may have at times looked spectacular, but has he ever really hurt anyone?

Yes, himself and several times too Cookie  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #113
Bell is/was a bigger unit than Robbo and he does hurt players when he makes contact..problem is Bell doesnt have the intensity of Robbo or the die for the jumper attitude
and is just too spasmodic in everything he does.

Robbo did come off second best vs Hodge but Bell wouldnt have bothered trying and thats the difference...not sure Bell understands the opportunity he has in front of him and needs realise his career could be over before its starts if he doesnt start thinking mere about the game and being less casual...

Reply #114
We now do have Clem Smith who looks to have the required qualities?

Reply #115
We now do have Clem Smith who looks to have the required qualities?

I am very keen to see how Clem goes out on the field. Some good write ups on his abilities. He could potentially do a better job of filling Armfields role.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #116
Bell is/was a bigger unit than Robbo and he does hurt players when he makes contact..problem is Bell doesnt have the intensity of Robbo or the die for the jumper attitude
and is just too spasmodic in everything he does.

Robbo did come off second best vs Hodge but Bell wouldnt have bothered trying and thats the difference...not sure Bell understands the opportunity he has in front of him and needs realise his career could be over before its starts if he doesnt start thinking mere about the game and being less casual...
Well said EB
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #117
Apart from the additional 10kgs on Bell's frame, he does think before acting and his decision making is far superior to Robbo's.  Unfortunately for Bell, and us, his execution is poor, even worse than Robbo's.

Unless he can improve that aspect of his game, he doesn't have that much of a future.  He has shown glimpses - his game against Gold Coast for example - of how good he could be, but we would need to see that sort of form consistently. 

Reply #118
@DJC

Not sure how long his contract has to go but 2015 will be Bell's make or break year for sure. He needs to be very convincing.

Reply #119
@DJC

Not sure how long his contract has to go but 2015 will be Bell's make or break year for sure. He needs to be very convincing.
The other thing will Bell for me is he has no speed or endurance. He seems to tire easily and he becomes sloppy (which is to be expected) and he doesn't move across the ground gracefully. He is a real plodder. Now thats ok when you have elite disposal but...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th