Skip to main content
Topic: Embarrassing Edelsten (Read 17759 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Embarrassing Edelsten

Reply #30
Thanks for all your nice wishes. Not trying to sound like a prude and I do understand many chose the moment to dress how they would feel in their living environment. I asked people for my situation to dress neat and not so formal to wear a tie. I myself did wear a suit and tie, because I wanted to. I just asked people to dress in a way that will not draw all the attention on the day to them. Hence dressing as this lady did would do exactly that. Thinking more about her rack rather than the family left behind to pick up the pieces. The Brownlow is different, as it is traditionally all about the ladies. A funeral is all about the deceased and the family, including all the friends. Would this lady even know who Tom was ??

It might be just me being old fashioned. My daughters saw her on the news and wondered why she is working the street corners of St Kilda. I told them not to be judgemental and stereo type her due to her dress sense. They asked me if I would allow them to go to a funeral like such, and I told them over my dead body. RIP Tom and my sorrow to your family for their loss.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #31
I think that she dressed the way she did for the precise reason that she is with Edelston to begin with.

To further her own public profile as a "socialite".

Dead set oxygen thieves.  My only issue is that we are the ones giving them any oxygen by continually talking about them, and I felt like screaming at my radio this morning when the SEN crew started discussing her and her inappropriate dress sense again.

If no one talked about it, it would be the last time it happens.  Guaranteed that a young budding 20 something year old trying to lift her profile will do this again in future.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Sorry for your loss Mantis.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
The media keep saying this bird is the doppelganger of his ex wife, are they blind?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
I was at my mothers funeral a few days ago and nothing of a lack of respect from people to come dressed like her. If your not sure ask someone how to dress. ::)

Sorry to read of your recent loss, Green Stick, good buddy.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
Edelsten is glowing evidence that you cannot buy class.

Reply #36
Condolences to you Mantis. Sorry for your loss. It's probably a bit tough for you at the moment but best wishes to you.

With Geoff you know what you're going to get.
It's going to be loud, garish, totally over the top....and that's what he thrives on.
Always has.
And the more folk draw attention to it and are shocked ....the happier he is.
Because it keeps him in the public eye.

Reply #37
Condolences to you Mantis. Sorry for your loss. It's probably a bit tough for you at the moment but best wishes to you.

It's going to be loud, garish, totally over the top....and that's what he thrives on.
Always has.

Somewhat like the discovery of a new and exotic genital rash...

Reply #38

Always has.

Yeah I agree with you Lods.

In saying that, I had a brief chat with him a long while ago, shortly after he won the new Saab as result of our club raffle, he seemed like a nice enough guy.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #39
The media keep saying this bird is the doppelganger of his ex wife, are they blind?

Perhaps they are only considering a couple of points!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41

It is a well rounded argument being presented though.

Yes but it's a bit artificial of you ask me.

Reply #42

Artificial or not, its not easily dismissed.

Reply #43
Thanks for all your nice wishes. Not trying to sound like a prude and I do understand many chose the moment to dress how they would feel in their living environment. I asked people for my situation to dress neat and not so formal to wear a tie. I myself did wear a suit and tie, because I wanted to. I just asked people to dress in a way that will not draw all the attention on the day to them. Hence dressing as this lady did would do exactly that. Thinking more about her rack rather than the family left behind to pick up the pieces. The Brownlow is different, as it is traditionally all about the ladies. A funeral is all about the deceased and the family, including all the friends. Would this lady even know who Tom was ??

It might be just me being old fashioned. My daughters saw her on the news and wondered why she is working the street corners of St Kilda. I told them not to be judgemental and stereo type her due to her dress sense. They asked me if I would allow them to go to a funeral like such, and I told them over my dead body. RIP Tom and my sorrow to your family for their loss.

Deepest Sympathy to you and your family Mantis. It never matters how old a parent is when they pass away, they are always too young to go.

The fact that Geoffrey is quoted as saying that he couldn't see anything wrong with the way she was dressed, should tell everyone on here what sort of an individual he is. As I said, his poor old mum cringes every time she looks or listens to him.

Reply #44

Artificial or not, its not easily dismissed.

If the points made are too artificial they will often fail to garner a response! ;)
The Force Awakens!