Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis (Read 34549 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis

Reply #120
Robbo gets 2 for punching the head
Beams gets 0 for punching the body

Joke.

I'm surprised Rowe didn't get a spell for shoving Cloke when he out marked him in the first.

i agree. I can understand Robbo getting done but would you consider his punch "forceful" ? He got him flush, no question but the force barely made the guys head spin?? Bad record did Robbo in more than the act itself.
Beams swung hard but Curnow didnt even flinch?  So b/c Curnow has rock hard guts does that mean the intent doesnt matter?

Gerrad Whately even suggested Robbo should have got 3 'cos the kid he punched had an iron Jaw !!!

Get F@@kED.

Agree BigBlue - it was Robbo's record that did him. The actual offense was very soft. I love Robbo - if he would only use his head for thinking rather than as a wrecking ball, he'd be my choice for next captain.

You really have to wonder if the AFL has a complete anti Carlton bias, in all areas. In a moment of what can only be described as self flagellation, I was re reading recently about the salary cap scandal. At the time, CEO Wayne Jackson was quite adamant that we got off lightly, and if he had his way, we would've got done a lot worse.

Thanks, pe$is brain.

Reply #121
Robbo gets 2 for punching the head
Beams gets 0 for punching the body

Joke.

I'm surprised Rowe didn't get a spell for shoving Cloke when he out marked him in the first.

i agree. I can understand Robbo getting done but would you consider his punch "forceful" ? He got him flush, no question but the force barely made the guys head spin?? Bad record did Robbo in more than the act itself.
Beams swung hard but Curnow didnt even flinch?  So b/c Curnow has rock hard guts does that mean the intent doesnt matter?

Gerrad Whately even suggested Robbo should have got 3 'cos the kid he punched had an iron Jaw !!!

Get F@@kED.

Agree BigBlue - it was Robbo's record that did him. The actual offense was very soft. I love Robbo - if he would only use his head for thinking rather than as a wrecking ball, he'd be my choice for next captain.

You really have to wonder if the AFL has a complete anti Carlton bias, in all areas. In a moment of what can only be described as self flagellation, I was re reading recently about the salary cap scandal. At the time, CEO Wayne Jackson was quite adamant that we got off lightly, and if he had his way, we would've got done a lot worse.

Thanks, pe$is brain.

Football requires strong on field and off field people
In the past Carlton Presidents would play hard with the media and and against the football administrators.
Carlton is in a different position because of our past success and I suspect the AFL community in general love digging Carlton at the moment when we are at our weakest position in 150 years.
And yes folks....it all comes back to the Carlton Board..... ;D ;D

Reply #122
@MF

Yep, it's hyena/vulture behaviour, squabbling over a perceived carcass - nothing too noble or honourable there. Pfft.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #123
This club has been the same old same old for the last 10 years or so. I cannot see anyway forward for us. Each new coach comes in and says we need talent and class but what the fark has the recruiting guys been doing. It does not seem t get any better.

We have some good players and then we speak about guys like Rowe and Casbolt like they will turn into supr stars and carry the club forward. Are we kidding ourselves?

Every other club seems to get the kids up and running and playing good football or is it that other clubs are picking better than us??

That's my 2 cents worth.   >:(