Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis (Read 34660 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis

Reply #60
Bang on Smurfy.. can't play Carrots, MacLean and Curnow in the same side.  At least one must go.

Exactly the same thing was said by many on here last week too......clearly common sense ain't all that common.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #61
I'd keep Curnow. Carrots is getting longer in the tooth. McLean has been very patchy this season.

Agreed

Yep - agree with this too. Curnow is horrible by foot generally, but when he hasn't got the ball in his hands, that's where we get real value from him. Rarely gets beaten on the day and is genuine one-percenter machine.

Reply #62
@ BM Despite all other negatives this is one positive of late worthy of mention. In previous years Gibbsy has been reserved. Should take over VC from Carrots next season.

I think it's great that Gibbsy is becoming a leader. It's a great sign! It's just a shame that so many other seasoned players just step back and keep their mouths shut.

Yes you need Indians, but you can't have order if you have no chiefs!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #63
Our desire couldn't be questioned after quarter time, but our execution.....*sigh*.

MCC was an absolute ghost town tonight, never seen anything like it for any Carlton away game at the MCG (as I only sit in the MCC for Carlton away games). Hopefully that's the last we see of that time slot for these 2 teams.

Umpiring all round tonight was quite laughable.

Get excited about Blaine Johnson people. Stats wouldn't show it, but this guy loves the physical stuff, looks to be a genuine hard-nut, who spreads well, reads the game well and can use the footy. Physically did not look out of place at and I'll be furious if he is dropped for next week.

Where do we start for simple, missed opportunities in front of goal: Robbo, Henderson, Casboult and course our inspirational captain. All of them key shots at key times, some things never change.

Another more than winnable game.....if only skill wasn't required to get the job done, we'd be world beaters.

Lose next week and that'll be it, winless for the rest of the year.....you can put your house on that.

Reply #64
Was that just a Brettie's kiss of death!!

I haven't been around here that long, but from my current knowledge, does that mean we'll win next week? And possibly every other week after that!? - due to Brettie's predictions
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #65
Pretty good effort that.

Still not convinced the coach is trying to win these games.

If we are MM needs some help in the box because we gave up the entire 1st quarter because we didn't adjust to the Collingwood structure of the extra one and sometimes two in the back half.

I can't believe that Laidley wouldn't have spotted that in the first minute.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #66
Looking at how we are travelling what makes anyone think we can beat the saints. Surely they are due for a win and we have been beaten by all below us on the ladder so far. Or near to at that.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #67
I said alot of years ago we were awful.  People on here said I was negative- hell, I was even banned.  I said our list was crape.  I said we had big issues at the top.  We are a club in turmoil.  Don't give me this 'oh we'll be okay if we play the kids'... truth is, we've recuited absolute crapola...we don't have any good kids! (with the exception of Menzle and Possibly Casboult).   We need a total clean out starting from the board down.  Seriously, we will finish 17th or 18th this year and that is a disaster for a side with 17 first round draft picks in it!    Murphy was an awful choice as captain.  Should have gone to Gibbs.  The other issue is we have people like Simpson and Carrots who are reminants of the Pagan era who people think are guns.  Mate they are crapola.  We should keep Murphy, Gibbs, Rowe, Jammo, Warnock, Daisy (even though he is crap but he might get better), Yarran, Hendo, Touhy, Menzle, Casboult and Judd.  The rest,  Goodbye and NEVER to return.  We are that far behind the competition at the moment it's not funny.  It's ridiculous that we kept our recruiter... he is a spud.  We need to get rid of Johhny Barker and Green and Co.  They are spuds.  Malthouse is a joke.  Flick him.

Reply #68
So it would seem that in the laws of seeking out quality draft picks that we have endured another honourable loss that shall indeed be followed by a loss to a gallant St Kilda next week.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #69
Wow I've only fallen asleep in front of two Carlton games in my life, both this year, both Collingwood! That's assessment of the game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Might I add I did stay awake long enough to see Marc Murphy put his body on the line standing in the hole twice, the kid is becoming a captain.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #71
Being out tackled by 23 is a damming stat for me. We have experienced big bodied midfielders, yet weren't able to compete physically in the contest. Very dissapointing

WE generally weren't anywhere near a contest most of the night...... they moved the ball from D50 to their forward line with laughable ease.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #72
Might I add I did stay awake long enough to see Marc Murphy put his body on the line standing in the hole twice, the kid is becoming a captain.

Yep, that set shot from 35m out in third and his ability to work through the tag certainly has me convinced.

Btw, that's now 3 weeks in a row whereby Warnock's opponent has been clearly in their best and who have been in the top 3 for SC scores. My lawn mower's got a bigger tank than Warnock. He has been largely abysmal the past 3 weeks and I for one would love to see Cam Wood get a gig ahead of him (is he eligible?) If it's good enough for the likes of Waite and Garlett to be dropped, then why not Warnock?

Reply #73
We're all pretty aware of Levi's kicking problems but I'm not sure the 'Franklin curve' is the answer.....especially close to goal.
On that last shot he nearly ran into the behind post to angle it back and the ball ended up on the opposite side.

Menzel should be dropped back to the VFL......not because he had a bad game, but because he's in real danger of picking up the bad habits and inconsistencies of the forward rabble he plays with.

As a matter of fact, keep all the young ones back there and let them develop some real "team"understanding and strategies.

Trade Judd....he deserves to finish his career in dignity, and not as part of a circus.

(Sorry...... just angry.
I'll be OK after I've had some breakfast and a cup of tea. :()

Reply #74
Man this was a shizen game. I am trying to think back to it and all I remember is Thomas handballing to his teammat... Err opponent who waltzes into a goal, Gibbs doing a few nice things around packs, robbo getting his head smashed and Murphy filling a hole. Everything else wiped.