Skip to main content
Topic: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter (Read 32563 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter

Reply #45
I had 2 daughters and that was plenty. Just wait for the teenage years aka the antichrist years...

Been there, done that and good luck...... ;) Boys are so much easier....

Reply #46
Thanks crash and hubba

Reply #47
I have five girls and yes they do come out okay after there teens,if you stay sane long enough to see it .But wouldn't swap them for anything as they are always on my side and they support the blues not like there swan supporting mother.

Reply #48
Been there, done that and good luck...... ;) Boys are so much easier....

Fortunately both daughters are now adults and have good lives. One has a son who is all trouble - karma  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
Now i admit not seeing the game last week, but Brad Walsh been killing it in the two's and by the sounds of it, came on and had an impact. Now omitted. Why not sit him next to Sam Mitchell all day and ask him to beat him in the contest as many times as he can...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #50
We'll miss Doc but Clem, Carrotts and the Holster.... those three have a bit of crap in 'em and won't die wondering.  I feared this might be a 200 point flogging but I reckon we can keep it to 160 points.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
Now i admit not seeing the game last week, but Brad Walsh been killing it in the two's and by the sounds of it, came on and had an impact. Now omitted. Why not sit him next to Sam Mitchell all day and ask him to beat him in the contest as many times as he can...

Because Ellard needs another opportunity to prove himself.  :-\
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #52
We'll miss Doc but Clem, Carrotts and the Holster.... those three have a bit of crap in 'em and won't die wondering.  I feared this might be a 200 point flogging but I reckon we can keep it to 160 points.

Wow! Something to look forward to then.  :D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Carlton

B: Zach Tuohy, Michael Jamison, Dylan Buckley
HB: Nick Holman, Matthew Dick, Sam Rowe.
C: Kade Simpson, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow.
HF: Blaine Boekhorst, Andrejs Everitt, David Ellard.
F: Troy Menzel, Andrew Walker, Matthew Watson.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Tom Bell, Patrick Cripps.
Int: Cameron Wood, Mark Whiley, Jason Tutt, Clem Smith.

Emg: Tom Fields, Liam Jones, Brad Walsh

Not exactly our strongest team for the year, but we are not tanking or we would have played Jones.

Hawthorn

B: Ben Stratton, Brian Lake, Josh Gibson.
HB: Grant Birchall, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne.
C: Bradley Hill, Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith.
HF: Cyril Rioli, Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels.
F: David Hale, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo.
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Will Langford, Jordan Lewis.
Int: James Sicily,  Matthew Suckling, Taylor Duryea, Daniel Howe.

Emg: Luke Breust, Ryan Schoenmakers, Angus Litherland

I hope we can show some spirit and really play physically.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
Finally got it! We're miles ahead of Freo & North and been resting our top players for finals for most of the year, with this week no exception.

Plan worked well apart from the finals bit.

Reply #55
Finally got it! We're miles ahead of Freo & North and been resting our top players for finals for most of the year, with this week no exception.

Plan worked well apart from the finals bit.

;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #56
This is going to be a spanking, 138 points is in danger.
White and Jaksch injured, Henderson AWOL and Jones still can't get a game, recruiting him was a good call.
Congratulations on parenthood RE, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
My daughter's getting married next week by the way, I'm feeling rather aged.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #57
White and Jaksch injured, Henderson AWOL and Jones still can't get a game, recruiting him was a good call.

LOL amazing stuff isn't it? Down to our last 26 players and Jones can't get a game! Remember in the preseason when Mick was talking him up as a 'powerful beast' and 'going to be unstoppable', 'recruit of the year' etc.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #58
LOL amazing stuff isn't it? Down to our last 26 players and Jones can't get a game! Remember in the preseason when Mick was talking him up as a 'powerful beast' and 'going to be unstoppable', 'recruit of the year' etc.

I live in the western suburbs and know a lot of Footscray supporters, not one of them was sorry to see the back of him.
I think we're just that desperate for anyone remotely resembling a key position player that we took the punt, and Malthouse was just pumping up his tyres in the hope it would motivate him.
Watson's getting another game after his stellar 6 touches last weekend, that's got to tell you something.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #59

Now that your mate is getting a game...after game...after game....have you come to the same conclusion as everyone else? That he is not up to AFL standard?

As bad as Jones has been, i reckon he offers us more than Watson....still.