Skip to main content
Topic: Culture (Read 43622 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Culture

Reply #30
Who has challenged Gleesons position?

If nobody wants to challenge, they get automatically reelected.

FYI, your mate changed the constitution so that he has to approve who can actually run to get elected! That lessens the chance that people win actually run, and lessen the chance even more that they will actually replace anyone!

Great rule that is! Not.

the INC has been discussed. A candidate that does not receive INC approval can still run for the board by election by the members, as being a non endorsed candidate from my reading

the argument against the INC is just meaningless

interestingly, farouh and germinder have resigned - the board is now 8.  it appears that no one from outside has put their name up for INC approval this year

Reply #31
Who is now studying sports journalism, writes A blog for Brisbane FC website, won a best and fairest and showed great leadership to a young group this year.

We don't work with these guys, We cast them off at the first sign of trouble.
Robbo is probably a beneficiary of the anonymity that comes with being an AFL footballer in a Rugby town.

No knuckleheads lining up to see if they can take out a big, tough footballer.

Melbourne Storm players regularly say this is one of the best reasons for playing RL in Melbourne (now there is a team with Culture....)
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #32
As always there is an action that prompts a reaction.

He went away and trained his arse off over the summer.  They posted pictures on here early this year as a reason why we stuffed up with Robbo.

On the flipside, we know what happened with Robinson when he was with us. Big Day out fist fight.  We saw those photos.

Had we kept him, there are no guarantees this season would have been similar for him.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
I'd take Robbo getting into a fist fight everyday of the week over Jones pissing in our pockets and still getting a game. There's your culture killers.

Reply #34
the INC has been discussed. A candidate that does not receive INC approval can still run for the board by election by the members, as being a non endorsed candidate from my reading

the argument against the INC is just meaningless

interestingly, farouh and germinder have resigned - the board is now 8.  it appears that no one from outside has put their name up for INC approval this year

If it can be so easily bypassed, what was the point of introducing it?

Reply #35
Yep
The INC is meaningless

Reply #36
Yep
The INC is meaningless

It gives the illusion that those without the tick aren't good quality candidates. Most folks don't have the time to learn what missing the endorsement means or doesn't mean.

Reply #37
If it can be so easily bypassed, what was the point of introducing it?

My.take is that it provides a scrutiny process  for future directors and a review process for existing directors when they are up for re election

Reply #38
I'd take Robbo getting into a fist fight everyday of the week over Jones pissing in our pockets and still getting a game. There's your culture killers.

I would rather better players than both of them who aren't dickheads.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
Recruit loser players and establish a losing culture.

Recruit competitive, win at all cost types and establish a winning culture.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #40

Sounds too simple to actually work.  ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #41

Thats all well and good, but if the latter turn out to be DH's who don't to the line, its time to say adios amigos.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
Thats all well and good, but if the latter turn out to be DH's who don't to the line, its time to say adios amigos.

I would say players with a history of not putting their body on the line, tackling and taking one for the team are far more damaging to any culture and certainly not towing the line. Culture starts on field, trying to correct it by punishing someone for off field misdemeanors, especially when they provide great culture on field is just dumb.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
100% carrots.  Every successful side has a few "characters" with questionable off field attitude/demeanour/activities...its what happens on the field that counts.  They just need to check the right boxes in regards topreparation and performance.

Just check out the recently successful Geelong, Hawks and Pies sides... they had more than a few "characters".
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44
If we kicked out the players with off field issues and any so called "dickheads" in the 70's and 80's we would be short 3 or 4 flags