Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45433 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #75
There is some weak mail that Murphy might be out, allegedly hasn't pulled up so well!

Murphy is fine. 10 day break helps.

Reply #77
Least time on ground- Phillips, Murphy, Wright, Everitt and White.

Reply #78
Leave Thomas out or bring him in for someone other than Buckley.

I'd keep playing young Bucks and utilizing his break away pace.

Reply #79
Least time on ground- Phillips, Murphy, Wright, Everitt and White.

Yet statistically Murphy was our equally highest ranked player, for his critics does that mean he is now forgiven or was he just lucky? :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Leave Thomas out or bring him in for someone other than Buckley.

I'd keep playing young Bucks and utilizing his break away pace.

He looks out of form, he was greedy and caused panic, he looked like a tougher version of Tutt.

He'll have less space at Docklands even though it is supposed to be a faster surface than the MCG, and he spent most of Thursday night b0rking up his team-mates as much as himself. I can forgive quiet games, but I cannot forgive dragging team-mates down out of desperation, no team needs a boat anchor! I appreciate Bolton might take a softer approach and pump up his tyres.

But I would send him back to the NBs to get some form and bring Byrne in if you want pace.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
He looks out of form, he was greedy and caused panic, he looked like a tougher version of Tutt.

He'll have less space at Docklands even though it is supposed to be a faster surface than the MCG, and he spent most of Thursday night b0rking up his team-mates as much as himself. I can forgive quiet games, but I cannot forgive dragging team-mates down out of desperation, no team needs a boat anchor! I appreciate Bolton might take a softer approach and pump up his tyres.

But I would send him back to the NBs to get some form and bring Byrne in if you want pace.

I'd be getting games into Bucks on end. he's had plenty of in and out of the team stuff from Malthouse. Blokes like Buckley, Graham and co need games on end together. Then see how he/they are going.

I'm more than tempted to bring Byrne in. Probably at the expense of White. Don't like White down back and never have. I'd play him forward if they want him in the team so badly. He's looking slower every time I see him but his effort is very good I must say.

Reply #82
Buddy will come close to kicking double figures in goals this week. We are absolutely clueless when it comes to playing him......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #83
Buddy will come close to kicking double figures in goals this week. We are absolutely clueless when it comes to playing him......

Weitering is actually our best match up for him but I wouldn't want to do it to the kid.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #84
Weitering is actually our best match up for him but I wouldn't want to do it to the kid.
He wasn't afraid to push Rewolt around after he missed an easy shot.  ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #85
Agreed Brettie, we have no match up and he continually gets outside or goalside of contests and kicks easy ones.  Jammo just can't go with him.  I was thinking a tall flanker with pace but we don't have any.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #86
Well BB will have to earn his cash I guess and formulate some sort of plan to subdue him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
Play Byrne on him and rile him up so Buddy does something stupid.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #88

Not sure Weiters has the leg speed or strength to go with Buddy, not at this stage anyway.

If Everitt keeps his spot he'll get the job, he has speed and strength and if I recall he did OK previously on Buddy for a short period. Everitt might even have a point to prove in this regard!

What about Gorringe, does he have the leg speed and endurance to stand Franklin?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89
Best approach for Buddy is to keep the ball away from him. Easier said than done of course.
Reality always wins in the end.