Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45417 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #105
Bolton has said Daisy will come in. But who for?

I can also see Byrne coming in, but I'm not sure who will come out. 

The only two I can see are Buckley (played his role as a defensive forward but only had 3 touches) and White (who played ok but made a few errors).  The reason I put these two up are because Buckley is quick but undersized, and White is either an undersized KPP or a run with player for their big bodied on-ballers.

The down side of dropping White is that he adds balance to the team as he can cover talls and play run with their big onballers (like Kennedy & Parker).

Daisy and Byrne are two very good each way runners and a good size (height and weight) for on-ballers; they would be very useful against the Swans who have such onball depth.

Reply #106
The down side of dropping White is that he adds balance to the team as he can cover talls and play run with their big onballers (like Kennedy & Parker).

Not sure White adds any balance at all TBH. He is a poor third defender and has played the run with role successfully just once. Now that we move the ball on quickly and don't hold on to it for 30 seconds before going long down the line I think you'll see blokes like White really start to get exposed for the sub-standard footballers they are.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #107
Not sure White adds any balance at all TBH. He is a poor third defender and has played the run with role successfully just once. Now that we move the ball on quickly and don't hold on to it for 30 seconds before going long down the line I think you'll see blokes like White really start to get exposed for the sub-standard footballers they are.
Agree with this summation. Also, I reckon a couple of his blunders were far too costly against 9thmond. Having said that, I'm tipping BB will be more forgiving than us and as part of his "teaching" mantra, White will get another go.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #108
I understand the balance argument but at some point we have to pick our best team and let the opposition worry about us.

Byrne in, White out for me.

Reply #109
Can't have us keeping White and dropping Buckley, and having Thomas back in.

Byrne for White suits me fine thanks.

Reply #110
It would be so deflating if we were to cop a hiding this week after all the positive press we ve  been getting recently.

Reply #111
If we are going to drop White because of his errors then there could be a few others who should be joining him if we are to be consistent?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #112
Can't have us keeping White and dropping Buckley, and having Thomas back in.

Byrne for White suits me fine thanks.

Why? White was average but Buckley was woeful, if it wasn't for his father he wouldn't be playing AFL.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #113
Why? White was average but Buckley was woeful, if it wasn't for his father he wouldn't be playing AFL.
Sorry mate but thats rubbish. He was a very talented junior and IIRC was captain of his U18 team. Other teams knew we were going to pick him FS so they didnt bother. To say he wouldn't have made AFL level if not for his father is nonsense.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #114
I'm saying he wouldn't be playing now, this is his 5th year on our list and he has shown nothing.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #115
I'm saying he wouldn't be playing now, this is his 5th year on our list and he has shown nothing.

Leading up to last year perhaps, but last year he showed plenty. I honestly cannot understand how you missed it but then again I sort of can. ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #116
I wouldn't mind seeing Jacksch in for White personally. Gives us another tall option up forward in addition to Casboult, and hopefully KJ can convert. Kicked a couple in the NB's last week.

Reply #117
White = complete waste of time. Hasn't really got a position and we are building for the future, something he's not part of.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #118
White is filling in in areas at the moment that we are not ready to fill with other options or those options aren't yet ready. He is also useful to ride shotgun whilst we are blooding the younger, newer guys. He at least puts in, albeit without being super talented, and making some mistakes at times - something you could also say about some of our other players.  No he is probably not part of our longer term future but rather he is a stop gap. To call him a complete waste of time is pretty harsh IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #119
Leading up to last year perhaps, but last year he showed plenty. I honestly cannot understand how you missed it but then again I sort of can. ;D

That said, he's like White in that his role is a bit uncertain and that can only hinder his development - too small really to be a HBF, maybe a back pocket but is he up to it defensively (that said is 2E either as a HBF), hasn't shown he can be a mid so is small lock down forward his go?
Finals, then 4 in a row!