Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain (Read 42019 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain

Reply #30
First post this year, because I thought I would wait and see if we had improved.

The simple answer is, NO.

Firstly.

Jamieson is gone.
Rowe should never be allowed to play in the ones again.
Bokehorst is a dud.
Wiley is a dud.
Kreuzer is either completely out of form has lost confidence, or is gone and will never reach the heights that he reached prior to doing his knee.
Touhey is limited.
Thomas is a shadow of what he once was.
Buckley doesn't do enough.
Phillips doesn't take enough marks around the ground and is too easily brushed aside.
Gibbs, is Gibbs.
Murphys delivery to our players is terrible and always has been.
Levi tries hard and that's about it.
Simmo, ditto.

The positives are Cripps. On his worst night, he is better than all the above.
Weitering, an absolute star.
Curnow, will be a star.
Ed Curnow, gives his all, but some of his hand passing lets him down.

Our foot and hand skills are nonexistent.

As for our coaching staff and I use the term coaching loosly, I ask what sort of a game plan is it when whomever kicks out after a behind is scored, has got no idea what to do, where there is no forward line structure or a plan to maximize forward entries as far as possinble, where handballs fall at the feet of players, and players cannot hit a target when they pass, and where, if the ball is turned over, our players look up, and there is not ONE forward who has been told to stay within the 50 metre attacking arc for just such an occurrence.

What the FK have they been doing for 5 months.

We face yet another long hard season ahead. And yes, I know it's a young team and we are rebuilding blah blah blah blah, but when you are paying players between 150 and 500 grand a year and they can't execute basic skills, then you have to say that the club is going nowhere, and forget about a 5 year rebuild, it will be more like ten.

Sorry to be such a pessimist, but as a 60 year supporter, I reckon that I won't live long enough to see another flag in my life time.

And that absolutely SH!!!!!TTTTS me off.

The powers that be at the club tell me that they know what they are doing.

After three rounds, I have got very strong doubts about that.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Reply #31
As of tonight I'm done with thinking there is any future for Murphy and Gibbs. Both mental pygmys. How many years have we been watching them stink it up. I've just given up.

Where were they when we needed them tonight? What part of the grass did they dig up and hide under? Just pathetic individuals.

Reply #32
The club said a three year rebuild.
We must get every top 20 draft pick we can in that time.
Weitering, Cripps, C Curnow and McKay aside, trade trade trade.
We need confidence, skill, attitude, mental strength, disposal ability.
We also need to clear out weak minded players that may influence the future.
That is the most important trading aspect.

Have no players with trade currency,  That is the main problem. 

Reply #33
Agree....its what the Saints have been through and its going to be one belting after another until we get some permanent structure to the team...just have to enjoy Weitering, C, Curnow etc and forget about the scoreboard at times.....if I get effort I dont mind but I thought we just tailed off in the effort tonight...maybe the heat and chasing GC butt all night wore us down...
You can tell when the effort starts dropping off when smalls like Docherty and Simpson are left one out vs much taller opponents.....reckon Kade looked like he had had enough at one stage...

We have to be patient. Again.

Reply #34
Just put Plowman in. We're not going to win so he may as well get fit in the seniors. He and Weitering in defence, Casboult and Jaksch forward. Then drop Rowe and Jammo together with Phillips, just for starters.
My concern with bringing Plowman is in the injury risk if he's not ready to play at this level. If he's assessed as ready then I have to agree with you.

Regardless of the team changes, next week against a very good and well drilled dogs unit is looming as a major flogging.

Reply #35
First post this year, because I thought I would wait and see if we had improved.

The simple answer is, NO.

Firstly.

Jamieson is gone.
Rowe should never be allowed to play in the ones again.
Bokehorst is a dud.
Wiley is a dud.
Kreuzer is either completely out of form has lost confidence, or is gone and will never reach the heights that he reached prior to doing his knee.
Touhey is limited.
Thomas is a shadow of what he once was.
Buckley doesn't do enough.
Phillips doesn't take enough marks around the ground and is too easily brushed aside.
Gibbs, is Gibbs.
Murphys delivery to our players is terrible and always has been.
Levi tries hard and that's about it.
Simmo, ditto.

The positives are Cripps. On his worst night, he is better than all the above.
Weitering, an absolute star.
Curnow, will be a star.
Ed Curnow, gives his all, but some of his hand passing lets him down.

Our foot and hand skills are nonexistent.

As for our coaching staff and I use the term coaching loosly, I ask what sort of a game plan is it when whomever kicks out after a behind is scored, has got no idea what to do, where there is no forward line structure or a plan to maximize forward entries as far as possinble, where handballs fall at the feet of players, and players cannot hit a target when they pass, and where, if the ball is turned over, our players look up, and there is not ONE forward who has been told to stay within the 50 metre attacking arc for just such an occurrence.

What the FK have they been doing for 5 months.

We face yet another long hard season ahead. And yes, I know it's a young team and we are rebuilding blah blah blah blah, but when you are paying players between 150 and 500 grand a year and they can't execute basic skills, then you have to say that the club is going nowhere, and forget about a 5 year rebuild, it will be more like ten.

Sorry to be such a pessimist, but as a 60 year supporter, I reckon that I won't live long enough to see another flag in my life time.

And that absolutely SH!!!!!TTTTS me off.

The powers that be at the club tell me that they know what they are doing.

After three rounds, I have got very strong doubts about that.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

I feel your pain.

The administration did a lot right last trade period but in looking at this season so far I'd say they didn't shop Gibbs and Murphy around hard enough.

We need to cash them both in. Diabolical players. I can't remember feeling this level of contempt for 2 Carlton players before but there is something so lazy and cynical about these 2. Defensively they're determined to be as lazy as they can without doing so little that the coach will give them a spray.

Hate them.

Dale Thomas - if he had any integrity he'd hand back half his contract. He is literally useless.

Reply #36
Aaaand we're on the bottom of the ladder. Again. In a year in which Weitering could very well win our B&F.

wtf is wrong with our club?!?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #37
Wow, we stink. Only round 3 and we have lost by 9 goals and scrubbed just 40 odd points on our side of the ledger. GC even had two men down for half the game.

Weitering was easily our best player. Poise, good decisions, read the play well and kicked to the right option time and time again. He is already plugging the gaping holes in our backline in just his third game. Jamo and rowe are so slow and without the ability to kick well they dont have much to offer.

Curnow worked hard in the middle, but he was the only four quarter player. Cripps played well in the second half. As for the rest of the midfield, they seemed to melt away. Kerridge tried hard, but fumbled terribly. We seemed to not get numbers around the contest well at all. On occasions it seemed we have the judd problem with cripps, with team mates hanging on the edges waiting for cripps to dish it out but not getting involved enough.

Forwards, what forwards. They simply dont move enough. We so rarely get a forward seperating from their opponents, so it is little wonder kicks get intercepted so easily. 50 inside 50s tonight, mostly to see it coming back with interest. Buckly, whose job as far as i could tell was to keep the ball in may as well go back to the seconds for good, along with whiley.

Really concerned about Kruezer, who just has no idea forward, hardly getting off the ground. Is he injured now or just battling the culmative effect of his many injuries.

Awful night, already on the bottom of the ladder with a terrible percentage.

Reply #38
Yep.  We got rid of the slackers and has beens and then replaced them with recycled players who could not get a game at their prospective clubs. 

This club has not hit rock bottom yet.  We are the new Melbourne.

Admittedly some of those recycled players came in a 4 for 1 deal, or a 2  for 1 deal last year. The problem is we are playing them. You can only hope that 2 turn out, as I think Plowman, Jaksch and Sumner will. If they do then we've won.

Reply #40

Have no players with trade currency,  That is the main problem.

Remember Henderson & Menzel.
We also have the advantage of every other club seeing Waite, Betts, Garlett and Robinson at other clubs

Reply #41
Wow, we stink. Only round 3 and we have lost by 9 goals and scrubbed just 40 odd points on our side of the ledger. GC even had two men down for half the game.

Weitering was easily our best player. Poise, good decisions, read the play well and kicked to the right option time and time again. He is already plugging the gaping holes in our backline in just his third game. Jamo and rowe are so slow and without the ability to kick well they dont have much to offer.

Curnow worked hard in the middle, but he was the only four quarter player. Cripps played well in the second half. As for the rest of the midfield, they seemed to melt away. Kerridge tried hard, but fumbled terribly. We seemed to not get numbers around the contest well at all. On occasions it seemed we have the judd problem with cripps, with team mates hanging on the edges waiting for cripps to dish it out but not getting involved enough.

Forwards, what forwards. They simply dont move enough. We so rarely get a forward seperating from their opponents, so it is little wonder kicks get intercepted so easily. 50 inside 50s tonight, mostly to see it coming back with interest. Buckly, whose job as far as i could tell was to keep the ball in may as well go back to the seconds for good, along with whiley.

Really concerned about Kruezer, who just has no idea forward, hardly getting off the ground. Is he injured now or just battling the culmative effect of his many injuries.

Awful night, already on the bottom of the ladder with a terrible percentage.

Alot I agree with.

As for the forwards, we move the ball in to the 50 sooooooooooo slowly with sooooooooo litttle system that the forward couldn't find space if they tried. The forward 50 is so full of numbers. There's no Fev's or Whitnall's in there who can read it find space anywhere.

Reply #42
Remember Henderson & Menzel.
We also have the advantage of every other club seeing Waite, Betts, Garlett and Robinson at other clubs

Fair point.

Reply #43
Cue.....my pet interest

ITS THE BOARD

You could save yourself a lot of repetitive typing - just write "it's the board's fault" as your signature and be done with it.

Reply #44
My concern with bringing Plowman is in the injury risk if he's not ready to play at this level. If he's assessed as ready then I have to agree with you.

Regardless of the team changes, next week against a very good and well drilled dogs unit is looming as a major flogging.

We seem to be a very slow team, which gets highlighted against teams like the Suns and Dogs.