Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain (Read 42109 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain

Reply #150
The biggest problem BB has to overcome IMO is that he is selling a reset or rebuild or whatever you want to call it and that has been underlined and emphasised by The Judge and Trigg repeatedly - no shortcuts!

That's great for the younger and newer players who can see a possible "land of opportunity". For the older and more established guys all it means is uncertainty and doubt as to whether or not they will be a part of the new world, and what their roles might be in it, if indeed they will have one. Only the very strongest of them mentally are likely to fully embrace that and flourish IMO. It is no doubt a painful transition for the club.

Very well surmised status quo but one I do think we have to go through. Bolton is about building a Hawks, Cats style set up in terms of list, culture etc on the way to success. No stop gap measures with anything otherwise we end up like Richmond in a couple years. Ironically they have ended up like us.

Reply #151
Very well surmised status quo but one I do think we have to go through. Bolton is about building a Hawks, Cats style set up in terms of list, culture etc on the way to success. No stop gap measures with anything otherwise we end up like Richmond in a couple years. Ironically they have ended up like us.

Too true JC. We just have to hold our nerve as a club; it will be tough and I felt pretty down last night after the game. Better today though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #152
Sad part is it's inevitably our leaders that go missing......

Gibbe Murphy Special K Thomas Jamo - all shameful.

What a dud bunch of #1 draft picks!

Move 'en on ASAP.

Murphy aint' a  Captain's b..t.ole. That was a huge mistake!

Worst effort from 22 men i've seen in a long time.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #153
Unfortunately for Matty K, there are very few excuses left, he's just not very good!  If only the Pies hadn't pulled the deal!!

Reply #154
Sad part is it's inevitably our leaders that go missing......

Gibbe Murphy Special K Thomas Jamo - all shameful.

What a dud bunch of #1 draft picks!

Move 'en on ASAP.

Murphy aint' a  Captain's b..t.ole. That was a huge mistake!

Worst effort from 22 men i've seen in a long time.

So, who is a Captain's b..t.ole? Simmo? Touhey? I think you'll find there ain't any other options. Besides, the players wanted him. New leaders will emerge in time.

Reply #155
Unfortunately for Matty K, there are very few excuses left, he's just not very good!  If only the Pies hadn't pulled the deal!!

Remember his form late last year? Outstanding. That game against Melbourne especially.

What has changed from then to now?

I think the presence of a second ruckman in the team is having a dramatic effect again.

The same happened when they played him with Warnock.

Put him in the ruck and let him ruck all day.... this has the added advantage of being able to drop Phillips. Cas gets a run as a relief ruckman. The whole team looks better.

There are lots of teams still running with 1 ruckman despite the rule change. Why aren't we?

Nth Melb, Melb, Bulldogs, Coll, Rich, StK, Adel, GWS, GC, etc. NO ruckman!

Reply #156
Remember his form late last year? Outstanding. That game against Melbourne especially.

What has changed from then to now?

I think the presence of a second ruckman in the team is having a dramatic effect again.

The same happened when they played him with Warnock.

Put him in the ruck and let him ruck all day.... this has the added advantage of being able to drop Phillips. Cas gets a run as a relief ruckman. The whole team looks better.

There are lots of teams still running with 1 ruckman despite the rule change. Why aren't we?

Nth Melb, Melb, Bulldogs, Coll, Rich, StK, Adel, GWS, GC, etc. NO ruckman!

Saw McEvoy take two marks inside 30m for 2 goals today. Our blokes can't seem to catch the pill.

Reply #157
Why are there so many people cracking the sads here ??

We finished last in 2016, we turned over 14 players from our list & we appointed a new coach - do you really believe we are going to be premiership contenders all of a sudden ??

FFS, get a grip will ya !!!

Due to the past 15-20 years of inept recruiting & player development, we are virtually starting up the club once again and it is going to take some time (ie. years) before all of this hard work starts to show.

Due to the salary cap & draft, there are no shortcuts these days so how about everyone take a chill pill and be content with the exciting young players we now have on the list ??

It may take some time but believe me, it will happen !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #158

We finished last in 2016, we turned over 14 players from our list & we appointed a new coach - do you really believe we are going to be premiership contenders all of a sudden ??

Due to the past 15-20 years of inept recruiting & player development, we are virtually starting up the club once again and it is going to take some time (ie. years) before all of this hard work starts to show.

Due to the salary cap & draft, there are no shortcuts these days so how about everyone take a chill pill and be content with the exciting young players we now have on the list ??

had to check what year it was

Reply #159

Top post! 

Couldn't agree more.

Too many on here react to the now. Weekly results mean stuff all in a full rebuild of the proportions we have been forced to undertake.

As long as I see effort and signs the kids and younger players are improving or at least showing signs I'm happy.

The experienced players on the list are obviously viewed differently. If they don't preform they should be traded out. Simple as that.

Hang tough guys after all this is what we all were crying out for when MM was at the helm.

Reply #160
I think we were awful last night. Watching it at the ground I thought our biggest problem was our decision making. Considering how inept our kicking and hand balling was, our non-existent forward line and our key defenders inadequacies, this should indicate how poor our decision making was. The worst in my opinion was Rowe. The sooner Plowman gets fit the better. Hopefully Weitering, Plowman and Glass-McCasker are our first choice defenders by the end of the season. I am happy that BB called out the players effort in the last quarter. The club has been making excuses for players not giving 100% for 100% of the time for too long. I hope this is an indication that this is going to stop and they are going to address the cultural issues within the club. If so, something good could come out of last nights debacle.

Reply #161
My typo had 2016 when it should of read 2015 but you all knew what I meant.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #162
The biggest problem BB has to overcome IMO is that he is selling a reset or rebuild or whatever you want to call it and that has been underlined and emphasised by The Judge and Trigg repeatedly - no shortcuts!

That's great for the younger and newer players who can see a possible "land of opportunity". For the older and more established guys all it means is uncertainty and doubt as to whether or not they will be a part of the new world, and what their roles might be in it, if indeed they will have one. Only the very strongest of them mentally are likely to fully embrace that and flourish IMO. It is no doubt a painful transition for the club.

I thought Bolton in his presser gave the impression he is stuck with the list he has and said he all he can do is coach to improve them but I get the feeling another large cull is on the way....

Reply #163
I thought Bolton in his presser gave the impression he is stuck with the list he has and said he all he can do is coach to improve them but I get the feeling another large cull is on the way....

as I said before, the only thing I am looking forward to this year is who we draft trade and delist

Reply #164

on what basis do you believe what you are saying?