Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 38657 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #135
I notice that Jordan Bannister is one of the umps for this game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
I notice that Jordan Bannister is one of the umps for this game.

I hope that if he tweets about a "sh1t decision", it won't have been to our disadvantage!

Actually, I reckon he's pretty good and his experience as a player is a contributing factor.  I think his tweet was pretty good too.  While I accept that umpires can't be drawn into debating decisions, an occasional "I got it wrong" does no harm.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #137
In Sumner
Out Graham
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-10/blues-make-one-change

It looks like I will get to see Jack at Box Hill tomorrow  :)

Who will make up the midfield rotations; Simpson, Wright, Sumner, Tuohy or a contribution from several players?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #138
In Sumner
Out Graham
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-10/blues-make-one-change

No real surprise. Gorringe has surprised me to be honest. He's shown some good signs and deserved another gig giving Phillips a chance to get a little more match fitness though he may be held back for Sunday just in case (probably along with Graham).

As hard as Graham works he's still got the problem he's had for so long, too slow and just doesn't hurt the opposition enough with his disposals. And that wrestling of the ball out of Cripps' hands against Brisvegas was not a good look. We might never see Carrots here again (*wink*).

And mentioning SOJ eases him into the fray of media hysteria. He's got another couple of weeks with the NBs to improve his fitness provided he's not held back just in case for Sunday.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #139
Nicky G is depth at best for us and it's a real statement being made by the MC to bring Sumner straight in for him.

Graham is a bit of a one trick pony and really needs to watch extended footage of the Mitchells, Sam and Tom.

Needs to hurt the opp more when he has the ball and desperately needs to change his running patterns and use angles to create space due to his lack of foot speed and awareness. Want him to make it.

I'm glad that Jack S isn't getting a game yet. And boy oh boy where does that leave Jakcsh? Sheesh.

Want us to dominate these turds as they are my most hated team, stemming back to the Kosi, Milne and BJ days. Their supporters back in our dark days stick out like a sore thumb imo.

Smash em and bash em. I wouldn't mind 1AW ironing out Montagna ala Christensen  >:D

Reply #140
Bit stiff on Graham - needs continuity in games. Need to do better in clearances and hitting the scoreboard. Sumner applies good forward line pressure but doesn't get much of the ball.

Reply #141
Nicky G is depth at best for us and it's a real statement being made by the MC to bring Sumner straight in for him.

Graham is a bit of a one trick pony and really needs to watch extended footage of the Mitchells, Sam and Tom.

Needs to hurt the opp more when he has the ball and desperately needs to change his running patterns and use angles to create space due to his lack of foot speed and awareness. Want him to make it.

I'm glad that Jack S isn't getting a game yet. And boy oh boy where does that leave Jakcsh? Sheesh.

Want us to dominate these turds as they are my most hated team, stemming back to the Kosi, Milne and BJ days. Their supporters back in our dark days stick out like a sore thumb imo.

Smash em and bash em. I wouldn't mind 1AW ironing out Montagna ala Christensen  >:D

x2   Not a real fan of Montagna either...maybe because he is a mate of Milne...

Reply #142
Joey had a shocker last week with only about 12 disposals. May it continue this week!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #143
Bit stiff on Graham - needs continuity in games. Need to do better in clearances and hitting the scoreboard. Sumner applies good forward line pressure but doesn't get much of the ball.

You watch how much ball Sumner gets when he starts getting real midfield minutes.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #144
Also, I vote for naming him J-SOS. It has a certain ring to it  ;)

That will come in handy when we have 3 sos' running around and one as list manager.

J-SOS
B-SOS
T-SOS

Reply #145
With the saints outs and the lack of ins, we should really be working on our percentage this week!

Based on that statement alone, it makes this a 'danger game'.

Reply #146
With the saints outs and the lack of ins, we should really be working on our percentage this week!

Based on that statement alone, it makes this a 'danger game'.
:)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #147

Also, I vote for naming him J-SOS. It has a certain ring to it  ;)

I agree - it does sound good. The problem is, you have to be too flexible with the original acronym. SOS obviously stands for Son Of Serge. If you call him J-SOS, then it's Jack, Son Of Serge, which makes me feel squidgy, not to mention the fact that it leaves the door open for opposition supporters to make inferences that I'd rather not know about.

Reply #148
I agree - it does sound good. The problem is, you have to be too flexible with the original acronym. SOS obviously stands for Son Of Serge. If you call him J-SOS, then it's Jack, Son Of Serge, which makes me feel squidgy, not to mention the fact that it leaves the door open for opposition supporters to make inferences that I'd rather not know about.

If he's known around the club as SOJ, that's good enough for me  :)