Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20; Carlton vs St Kilda: Post Game Profanity (Read 18999 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20; Carlton vs St Kilda: Post Game Profanity

Reply #45
And can I just say this. Whilst my expectations were fairly low for this year, the patch where we won some games made me reset (no pun intended) my expectations. I thought that we had finally clicked and that we would finish the year strong. i thought the more the year went on, the better we would get at the plan. We did that somewhat, efforts v Syd, Haw and WC were pleasing. Today? Can only be described as a train wreck. Extremely disappointing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #46
Reading all those comments about permanently booting off so many of the players warms the cockles of my heart.

I can handle losing but 71 points to St. Kilda ......... really, they were that much better than us ???
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #47
Reading all those comments about permanently booting off so many of the players warms the cockles of my heart.

I can handle losing but 71 points to St. Kilda ......... really, they were that much better than us ???

We made it much easier for them by being knackered / sluggish / disinterested. They're a 1 week on, 2 weeks off type team, and we've struck them twice in their 1 week on phase. Either that, or we're becoming their bunnies.

Having said all that, they would have troubled a number of sides today.

Reply #48
Very disappointing send off for 1AW :'(
Gee that was our worst performance this year. Bolts says they're tired after keeping up with the ladder leaders over the past couple of weeks. Maybe. If that's so, we should see something in the next couple of weeks. If we can't recover and reload, its going to be a slippery slope that will hurt player and supporter confidence.

Like others, I have reservations about our structure. Whilst I get that we lack talent, this sees us start the game disadvantaging ourselves :-\ I can't work that one out, oh well...

This game sounds similar to what's reported for NB's. Our cracks were exposed ;). The positive then is the LM team know what they've got to work with (or not work with - game over for some).

The class we have, again had to bust a gut. Simmo, Docherty, Cripps, and Gibbs were solid. Despite doing well in clearances, we were totally out-run and outclassed. If we're not defined by W-L but by our pressure...  Today we were indefinable. Here's hoping its a one-off. I do have faith that our progress this year will be recaptured. (please no repeat of our 2015 late round visit to the Gabba).

Enough of my grizzling. I wish 1AW happiness and success and say Thanks for the 202 one club attainment.

Go Blues.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #49
What is the point in a guy who has not played senior football for weeks, who admits he has a chronic injury, playing a match that embarrasses him and the club? Dumb decision!!! 

If he's injured to an extent where he is incapable of performing, don't play him.  And if he insists, over ride him!! 

A retirement lap at the last home game, a lap on Grand Final Day and we all leave with positive memories, not sitting there thinking WTF are we doing this for!?!!!

Reply #50
Our kicking into the forward line was terrible. Our tackles didn't stick. There was little or no pressure on their ball carriers. All signs of a flat, tired team. I think the coaching group sensed it through the week. Maybe that's the reason they had a traing session at Albert Park.

Reply #51
Our kicking into the forward line was terrible. Our tackles didn't stick. There was little or no pressure on their ball carriers. All signs of a flat, tired team. I think the coaching group sensed it through the week. Maybe that's the reason they had a traing session at Albert Park.

Fair points.

Reply #52
I was hoping that the days of being embarrassed being at the football were over.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #53
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54
What is the point in a guy who has not played senior football for weeks, who admits he has a chronic injury, playing a match that embarrasses him and the club? Dumb decision!!! 

If he's injured to an extent where he is incapable of performing, don't play him.  And if he insists, over ride him!! 

A retirement lap at the last home game, a lap on Grand Final Day and we all leave with positive memories, not sitting there thinking WTF are we doing this for!?!!!

The whole team was down today - focusing on one player is not really where it's at. He was moving freely enough. As a few others have said, he really should've retired at the end of season 2015. Whether the club wanted / needed him to stay on, or whether like any AFL player, he thought he could go round again, I guess we'll never know.

Reply #55

Because he's well loved and if he wanted a final Game he deserved it. Mate the amount of crap the other CFC players were dishing up today and you choose to focus on Walks. Suggest you go and watch his post game video, we scream on This site for culture to be better to the guys to givebitbtheir all and that man has done all that and more! Casboult missed a screwing sitter right in front 25 metres out, kerridge continually missed targets, graham dropped a mark that resulted in a saints goal, no player had a tackle stick other than one from Buckley, the backs continued to handball and were continuously intercepted... And you are screaming about Walks playing a final game on the G. Just bullcrap. He's done the honourable thing and retired with a contract, don't imagine daisy will Do that - and oh yeah he did sweet screw all today too  ::)

Reply #56
I thought Townsend was talking about Daisy.

Reply #57
In a couple of the wins, it has hard to separate the best and the votes in Jim Park were wide and varied.

This week it is hard to separate the worst - there were so many.

Feel sorry that this was all we could dish up for AW today, and that his own game reflected it as well.

Reply #58
Because he's well loved and if he wanted a final Game he deserved it. Mate the amount of crap the other CFC players were dishing up today and you choose to focus on Walks. Suggest you go and watch his post game video, we scream on This site for culture to be better to the guys to givebitbtheir all and that man has done all that and more! Casboult missed a screwing sitter right in front 25 metres out, kerridge continually missed targets, graham dropped a mark that resulted in a saints goal, no player had a tackle stick other than one from Buckley, the backs continued to handball and were continuously intercepted... And you are screaming about Walks playing a final game on the G. Just bullcrap. He's done the honourable thing and retired with a contract, don't imagine daisy will Do that - and oh yeah he did sweet screw all today too  ::)

It ain't a spectator sport.... He was nowhere near physically ready to make any impact.  The others you mentioned weren't going out to  play a game that they'll remember for the rest of their life.  The club will be smarter in future no doubt.  (Not a fan, but Daisy had more possessions than 14 other players!!)

Would you give Jammo a game next week??? He would be just as well prepared as Walker. 

Reply #59
The only NB's player I think could make it, apart from a few first year players who need to be cut some slack, is Liam Sumner.
He has some pace and skill but he needs to improve by 40 or 50%, whether he can is another matter.
From the little VFL I've seen Vojo looks OK to me as well but the club has a different opinion of him than I do it seems.

We go much better is a tight, hard slog, if teams can break the game open our lack of pace and foot skills get exposed.

You clearly know very little about the bloke. Hasn't had a pre season maybe ever.

Give him a free run at it and he'll be (considerably) better than most on our list, a potential star.

Too much emotion in the hours after a bad loss. i've learnt, no posting till next day.
Finals, then 4 in a row!