Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 41985 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2 Pre Game Panic Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #225
Totally agree BluePhantom , you would think that by this stage players wouldn't be out there with out that mind set, but delivering it is the difference at times .

Reply #226
Daisy gets games because of something that he brings every week.  2Nd, 3Rd and 4th efforts.

I know that's not enough for some people but if that rubs off on other players that's fine by me.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #227
Daisy gets games because of something that he brings every week.  2Nd, 3Rd and 4th efforts.

I know that's not enough for some people but if that rubs off on other players that's fine by me.

Like when John Kennedy asked, "Just do something!", Daisy does it but it's not enough for fans who want him to be everything to everyone.

The critics should instead focus on the blokes jogging around the center square watching play proceed around them!

Daisy was OK today, not a marque player, but not one of the many spuds either! And you know what, despite his lack of pace and as a result the pressure he finds himself under, more often than not he manages to clumsily fumble the ball to our advantage or at least a contest while others in the team just turn it stone cold over!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #228

I think the problem is, your average punter watches the ball. Makes sense.

However, the best players in the league are the best because of what they do when they don't have the ball.
Nick Riewoldt used to cop a lot of flak for his poor kicking. That's what people saw.
However, what people ignored was the 200m sprints he did in order to get the ball, lead + back, lead + back, lead again. By the time he got the ball, he had jelly legs and it affected his kicking.

Hard running is underrated by your average punter. It happens to be one of Daisys strengths.
There is a reason he gets the 'joe the gooses' over the top.

Reply #229
I think the problem is, your average punter watches the ball. Makes sense.

However, the best players in the league are the best because of what they do when they don't have the ball.
Nick Riewoldt used to cop a lot of flak for his poor kicking. That's what people saw.
However, what people ignored was the 200m sprints he did in order to get the ball, lead + back, lead + back, lead again. By the time he got the ball, he had jelly legs and it affected his kicking.

Hard running is underrated by your average punter. It happens to be one of Daisys strengths.
There is a reason he gets the 'joe the gooses' over the top.

The same applies to Gibbs, he does the work of dealing with an opponent early, often before the kick or handball happens. Then the fans plug him for getting too many uncontested possessions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #230
The same applies to Gibbs, he does the work of dealing with an opponent early, often before the kick or handball happens. Then the fans plug him for getting too many uncontested possessions.

Good observation LP.  The work that Gibbs, Murphy, Thomas, Kreuzer and Curnow put in before the contest is often overlooked.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball