Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast (Read 29861 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast

Reply #120
In regards to Fischer we've heard the same thing about lightweight / skinny players over and over again. Blokes like Hunter, Flower, Camporeale and Simpson were all too small to make it at AFL level apparently!

You have to be big and strong with mature AFL ready bodies like Matthew Watson, Aisake O'hAilpin, Rob Warnock, Paul Bower or Kane Lucas! ;)

My only concern picking so many kids, is that we have too many kids and no guardians!

Completely agree. In regards to playing too many kids, I completely understand but who are our guardians really? I mean our captain and other leaders still need guardians for themselves to be honest.

Reply #121
My only concern picking so many kids, is that we have too many kids and no guardians!

Agreed, that's where the Palmers and Kerridges are more likely to be used against Geelong etc where the young bodies would need some protection.

Reply #122
The kids seem more than capable of looking after themselves.

That they do, we seem to have a solid bunch.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #123
Congrats on Fischer making his debut , will be interesting to see how he goes, wish him well.

Reply #124
That was my concern too LP but it's a lot less of a concern after the last round.  The kids seem more than capable of looking after themselves.

Yep. I was worried about that too, but it didn't hurt us last week.at all.

The wet conditions last week suited us and slowed the game down which makes tackling easier too.
Today will give us an indication of where we are in dry, good weather conditions against some pretty quick players.

As long as we all remember we have 5 first year players which is a very rare thing in AFL footy these days.
I reckon we'll go OK, but I'm not counting on a win yet.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #125
Yep. I was worried about that too, but it didn't hurt us last week.at all.

The wet conditions last week suited us and slowed the game down which makes tackling easier too.
Today will give us an indication of where we are in dry, good weather conditions against some pretty quick players.

As long as we all remember we have 5 first year players which is a very rare thing in AFL footy these days.
I reckon we'll go OK, but I'm not counting on a win yet.

Reasonable expectations S. We'll be doing very well to win this one but I'm looking forward to it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #126
The enthusiasm of youth is infectious, I wouldn't put anything past them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #127
The enthusiasm of youth is infectious, I wouldn't put anything past them.

They have probably been encouraged to have a crack and not worry about the consequences.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball