Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast (Read 29862 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast

Reply #15
Weitering is being targeted every week and we have to expect that.

He's had 3 damned hard weeks and I would not be surprised if he was rested this week anyway.

Looking at the incident in replay S. it appeared to be purely accidental to me, although he was hit pretty forcefully before clashing heads with Hurley. As you say, we have to expect that and maybe a rest could be in order.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Looking at the incident in replay S. it appeared to be purely accidental to me, although he was hit pretty forcefully before clashing heads with Hurley. As you say, we have to expect that and maybe a rest could be in order.

Agree...Hurley has matured and isnt a thug on the field of play, that was accidental contact via a pinball scenario.....Weitering did ok when he came back on and I would expect him to play....although Steven May may not be the ideal opponent in terms of expecting a gentlemans game of football ...

Reply #17
Agree...Hurley has matured and isnt a thug on the field of play, that was accidental contact via a pinball scenario.....Weitering did ok when he came back on and I would expect him to play....although Steven May may not be the ideal opponent in terms of expecting a gentlemans game of football ...

Off topic, but Hurley gave Weitering a pat on the arse when he came back on the field.

Was a nice touch.

Reply #18
Off topic, but Hurley gave Weitering a pat on the arse when he came back on the field.

Was a nice touch.

It was good to see them comparing notes about the head clash after the siren.  It seemed to be like "Yeah nah, the top of your head hit my forehead right here and it felt like my brains were dribbling out!"

Hurley seems to have inherited his full share of Neanderthal DNA and has quite prominent brow ridges whereas Weitering has a more gracile cranium.  Whether that means one or the other is more or less susceptible to concussion is beyond my pay grade.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Ambrose slammed weitering in the back who was then pushed into Hurley.  Pretty weak stuff but accidental as I doubt the outcome matched the intent.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
Ambrose slammed weitering in the back who was then pushed into Hurley.  Pretty weak stuff but accidental as I doubt the outcome matched the intent.

Yep.

I thought it was a dog act from someone who wasn't hunting the footy and was only playing the man.

Im all for getting physical when players can generally see the hits coming, but weiters only had eyes for the footy.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #21
We're in desperate need of a decent key forward. Should we perhaps take a chance and blood yet another youngster in Harry McKay in the dry conditions  under the roof at Etihad ?

Reply #22
We're in desperate need of a decent key forward. Should we perhaps take a chance and blood yet another youngster in Harry McKay in the dry conditions  under the roof at Etihad ?

We should wait until he's earned the spot, and the player being dropped has earned a rest.

Excluding one or two aberrations I think Casboult is generally better at Etihad than other grounds.

Not sure McKay is ready to take on the likes of Witts, Wright, Lynch or May, and we shouldn't flirt with Rowe's form by creating a situation where he is required to ruck.

It's a pity we had already played Melbourne, with Gawn Gone they are ripe for the picking!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
I think the only likely change will be for Kerridge. Possibly give Fisher or Poulson a run? Also Weitering out if it is decided to give him a rest.

Reply #24
I think the only likely change will be for Kerridge. Possibly give Fisher or Poulson a rune? Also Weitering out if it is decided to give him a rest.

I'd doubt Bolton would bring in a player for just one week, so I doubt Kerridge would go out.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
I'd doubt Bolton would bring in a player for just one week, so I doubt Kerridge would go out.

One week is one too many IMO.

Reply #26
Agree, you can see Ambrose has his eyes on Weitering, not the ball, and his only intent was to take him out. The clash of heads with Hurley was incidental of Ambrose's actions.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
One week is one too many IMO.
I thought Kerridge was pretty ordinary for most of the day, as was Palmer. They redeemed themselves a little late in the game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
I thought Kerridge was pretty ordinary for most of the day, as was Palmer. They redeemed themselves a little late in the game.

I just don't rate Kerridge GTC. He is a very fumbly and frustrating player with erratic disposal. I think we've seen whatever we are likely to get from him already over plenty of previous games. Personally I prefer Army but he was also pretty horrible in his last game. I'd give Palmer another go though at this stage.

Reply #29
About Weitering, what is the best thing you can do after an injury or knock like his? Especially if you don't know exactly what happened or what the injury is?

I reckon, stay still, don't move, and wait for a trainer would be pretty close to the top of the list. 

Weitering is a professional, he's not soft, he will always try to do what's best for himself and therefore also his team.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!