Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast (Read 30599 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast

Reply #75
Good Luck Fisher, hope all your footy dreams come true.

And hopefully the real Charlie C is ready to show the world how good he really is.
I think it might be a confidence thing, knowing if he belongs.

Go New Blues!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #76
Backs   26. Harrison Macreadie   17. Sam Rowe   20. Lachie Plowman
Half-backs   15. Sam Docherty   22. Caleb Marchbank   31. Tom Williamson
Centreline   35. Ed Curnow   9. Patrick Cripps   6. Kade Simpson
Half-forwards   39. Dale Thomas   23. Jacob Weitering   5. Samo Petrevski-Seton
Forwards   46. Matthew Wright   8. Matthew Kreuzer   1. Jack Silvagni
Followers   41. Levi Casboult   4. Bryce Gibbs   3. Marc Murphy (C)
Interchange   43. Simon White   25. Zac Fisher   30. Charlie Curnow
33. Jarrod Pickett   
Emergencies   16. Billie Smedts   32. Nick Graham   19. Liam Sumner
In: Fisher, C.Curnow

Out: Sam Kerridge (omitted), Rhys Palmer (omitted)

New: Zac Fisher (Perth Demons, WA)

Apart from very minor differences, due to our differing views, I think that's pretty close to the team we were all expecting.

Reply #77
I am sure that Bolts sat Palmer, Smedts and Kerridge down in front of the whiteboard and explained in detail, how they would be used this year and how they fit into the overall master plan and 'journey'. Hence, 'omitted' is quite harsh, probably 'not required this week' might be more accurate! 

(I'm sure we'd have a couple of more mature bodies in if we were playing the Cats this week!)

Reply #78
I pretty much agree with the ins / outs but at this point you'd have to ask what Charlie has done to deserve his spot.

Re: 2017 Round 4 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Gold CoastI

Reply #79
You want Kids? Kids I give you.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
I pretty much agree with the ins / outs but at this point you'd have to ask what Charlie has done to deserve his spot.

Viewing the club's situation in context, I'm guessing the kids will be cut more slack than the senior blokes. Either that or a deliberate strategy (set number of games in one block etc.) from which the club will not deviate. 

Reply #81

He was in the side last week but was a late withdrawal...replaced by Palmer, so effectively that's not really a change.

Reply #82
He was in the side last week but was a late withdrawal...replaced by Palmer, so effectively that's not really a change.

But I take Jeza's point that after the first two games, Charlie didn't really do enough to hold his spot... hope he 'brings it' this Saturday.

The emergencies are interesting, in that neither Palmer nor Kerridge was made an emergency.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #83

I'm still happy to see him play but he was absolutely dropped last week.

Mostly because of the conditions but he was still dropped.

Reply #84
But I take Jeza's point that after the first two games, Charlie didn't really do enough to hold his spot... hope he 'brings it' this Saturday.

The emergencies are interesting, in that neither Palmer nor Kerridge was made an emergency.

Obviously these two are just fill-ins - not part of our future. Charlie otoh needs to get plenty of exposure at senior level so that he can develop. This game is ideal for him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #85

Graham's VFL form has been good, Smedts was stiff to be dropped but what has Sumner done?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #86
I think Bolt's is getting rid of the hackers.

Armfield was terrible two weeks ago in his wayward delivery into the forward line and its bye bye.

Kerridge was given a chance but failed in that regard as well.

We've got other hackers but those two stood out as they brought little else to the table.

Reply #87
Graham's VFL form has been good, Smedts was stiff to be dropped but what has Sumner done?

Good question! You're spot on re Graham, love him or hate him he's been getting the aggott in the twos and his attitude has been first rate. Smedts just needs time... but Sumner... sheesh, yes he's quick but he hasn't done nearly enough to be near a call-up.

Reply #88
I think Bolt's is getting rid of the hackers.

Armfield was terrible two weeks ago in his wayward delivery into the forward line and its bye bye.

Kerridge was given a chance but failed in that regard as well.

We've got other hackers but those two stood out as they brought little else to the table.

Well picked and to support your observation is that Willo comes in and his disposal by foot is deadly accurate...

Reply #89

Agree...Sumner didnt do much in the NB's game, only thing I can think of is he is quick and
GC would have to be one of the quicker teams in the comp so maybe his pace could be handy if we lost
a mid/small forward to injury pre game.