Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 35512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Hands up those who were critical of the recruitment of Alex Silvagni??  (Mine is in the air!)  He has footy smarts, gives 100% and allows Rowe to concentrate solely on his job. 

Reply #16
Only got to see the final 1.30.
Sounds like another trench fight win.

Please tell me that the cameras panned onto Eddie F/wit with a hang dawg face when they were beat... And someone will post it to youtube.

Reply #17
FIGJAM is a joke....

they were as off as we are when we're off.

The lads did the job, let's savour it and then move forward.

Wat the the Pies' President's Club lunch.

Didn't see Eddie at the end, but spoke to Sticks - he was pumped!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18
Was standing above the Carlton race at the end and noticed an uncharacteristic fist pump and show of real emotion from the coach. Must have meant a bit....

Reply #19
Sellars pretty much blamed Figjam for Collingwood's situation in saying that their approach and processes are just plain wrong. Reckoned the players are definitely having a crack but their efforts are being wasted.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Not our problem, but Mason Cox's selection is a waste of time. Has no idea once the ball is out of the air.

Reply #21
I was down the city end, level 3 among the majority of pie supporters. Gee they are a bunch of sooks and imbeciles. I never heard so much vitriol from a bunch of supporters directed to their own team. I really enjoyed waving bye to them when they were leaving early. I also made it very clear to them in a loud and booming voice that it was only "side by side" when they were winning.

What stood out from me today was the effort across the board, I thought it was very even. Yes, there were obvious standout as in SPS and Caleb, I'm not going to pot anyone tonight, but I was thrilled with our effort and attack on the ball.

Another thing was our skill level, especially when we were moving the ball across the back line and in the past we would miss our targets and turn it over due to poor execution, this seems to have been tidied up considerably.

Go blues!
SOS - "I hated losing"

Reply #22
I was down the city end, level 3 among the majority of pie supporters. Gee they are a bunch of sooks and imbeciles. I never heard so much vitriol from a bunch of supporters directed to their own team. I really enjoyed waving bye to them when they were leaving early. I also made it very clear to them in a loud and booming voice that it was only "side by side" when they were winning.

What stood out from me today was the effort across the board, I thought it was very even. Yes, there were obvious standout as in SPS and Caleb, I'm not going to pot anyone tonight, but I was thrilled with our effort and attack on the ball.

Another thing was our skill level, especially when we were moving the ball across the back line and in the past we would miss our targets and turn it over due to poor execution, this seems to have been tidied up considerably.

Go blues!

Yes our skill level (and confidence in each other) has improved out of sight.
The other thing is it looks like we have a game plan and we stick to it unlike previous years.

Our backline is awesome, I don't think I have been this confident with them since... dare I say it when we had the likes of Deano, Sexton, Christou and the clan roaming the grass.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #23
Hands up those who were critical of the recruitment of Alex Silvagni??  (Mine is in the air!)  He has footy smarts, gives 100% and allows Rowe to concentrate solely on his job.

Yep...my hand is up, but I did want him in the seniors after two really good NB's games but he has surpassed my expectations and will probably get a contract and its full credit to SOS..
A very savvy player who is much quicker and smarter than I thought...

Reply #24
Only got to see the final 1.30.
Sounds like another trench fight win.

Please tell me that the cameras panned onto Eddie F/wit with a hang dawg face when they were beat... And someone will post it to youtube.

Cut to him just after Daisy's goal in the last qtr!

Reply #25

Go blues!

The Pies' supporters around me (and there were many being at their function) seemed quite resigned to their demise....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
Yep...my hand is up, but I did want him in the seniors after two really good NB's games but he has surpassed my expectations and will probably get a contract and its full credit to SOS..
A very savvy player who is much quicker and smarter than I thought...

... and he seems to free up Marchbank... and I also wonder if there is a flow on effect to Simpson and Docherty.

Reply #27
Plenty to like about that win, a good even team performance that never really gave Collingwood a sniff.
Marchbank was outstanding, SPS very good, a serviceable game from Thomas, Rowe thrashed Moore, Murphy BOG.
It's great to beat them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #28
... and he seems to free up Marchbank... and I also wonder if there is a flow on effect to Simpson and Docherty.

No doubt about it IMO

Reply #29
You bl00dy bewdy! First the Cheats then the cold Pies - you gotta be happy with that  ^-^

The tackling and pressure was enormous, led by Kreuzer. Can't believe I voted to trade him out in last year's poll  :o

Bolts seems to have rectified the tendency to fade out for 10 mins or so. Players are learning that only 100% is good enough.

Simmo - if my lawyer didn't make me sign a form saying I wouldn't, I would have ran on to the ground and kissed you after that goal. Murph and Gibbs had good games but I wish they'd kick more team lifting goals like that (although Gibbs third q effort has to be goal of the week!).

SPS. Let's please not get too carried away.  Oh all right ... he's probably the best prospect I've seen for some time ever in the AFL any sport in Australia the world.

Matty Wright hang your head in shame - you actually missed a couple today  :P
Keyboard warrior #24601