Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 9216 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #30
x2...Best kick we have had for many a year.....add the evasive skills, acceleration and he is an exciting player.

X3. Love this kid. Flying under the radar a little which i don't mind at all.

Reckon he will be used up the ground in a role similar to Simmo plays as he gets more games under his belt.

Reply #31
X3. Love this kid. Flying under the radar a little which i don't mind at all.

Reckon he will be used up the ground in a role similar to Simmo plays as he gets more games under his belt.

Versatile and effective. Get that right and our future's bright.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #32

Can anybody provide any evidence at all that Williamson missed a target this year by foot?
I cannot remember him missing one. This kid is the steal of last years draft. Love him .

Pretty sure I saw him line up Montangas head but missed with the left boot.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #33
Pretty sure I saw him line up Montangas head but missed with the left boot.

Kicked a "fresh airy" right between his ears.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Does that go down as a clanger ?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
The lack of passengers....

Previously, after the top 6 or so in any game, we'd fall away badly. Seemingly, no longer.

The kids like Charlie C., Fisher, SPS, Tommy W, all holding their own (and learning fast no doubt) and even Graham doing his bit.

I hope Graham makes it, his disposal looks sharp this year. He knows how to find the pill and even if not the quickest clearly has a strong work ethic.

If Fisher had dished off to him (and he must have seen him) instead of trying to get back on his left in the 4th qtr, perhaps we would have won?

Point is Graham did the gut running to get into position to receive the dish off late in the last qtr. Kudos to him.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #36
To add to the rest of the green shoots, some of the form, numbers and promise being shown for us at VFL level is starting to look extremely positive.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-05-16/vfl-player-review-round-5

I don't envy Stephen Silvagni's job.

He's going to have some tough calls to make at the end of the year based on what we are seeing in these write ups.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37

Can anybody provide any evidence at all that Williamson missed a target this year by foot?
I cannot remember him missing one. This kid is the steal of last years draft. Love him .

Was only discussing this with a few mates this week. What a ripper. And, nuh, can't think of an ill-directed kick from this kid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #38
Was only discussing this with a few mates this week. What a ripper. And, nuh, can't think of an ill-directed kick from this kid.

I picked this at the start of the year, he is naturally a good kick being a leftie but it's his composure that has really surprised me. He looks to be our version of Birchall. Bolts is really trying to mould this backline first and he is already mentioned it numerous times and he is taking leafs out if his old clubs books.