Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues 2018 (Read 4697 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Northern Blues 2018

Reply #15
Indeed!

I don't believe there has been an announcement of Andrew Walker's replacement.

I haven't heard anything yet. My guess is it may well be in the pipeline.  Sounds like a perfect match IMO. He's a seasoned professional with a steely resolve and has the runs on the board.  I think he's a WA boy from Broome if I recall. It's a long way to stray from home only to play in the vfl.  ????

We'll hear about 1AW's replacement soon no doubt. 
I'm really impressed with the club's appointments. I'm confident they'll appoint a quality person for the role. 
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
8 wouldn’t know this guy from a bar of soap, but if you wanted to get a 2nd (3rd) chance as a small forward then Princess park is the place to be...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #17
8 wouldn’t know this guy from a bar of soap, but if you wanted to get a 2nd (3rd) chance as a small forward then Princess park is the place to be...
At 28, I doubt Hill will get another AFL gig but you never know.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Another ex AFL listed player, welcome Sam !!

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=5657
There were some nice highlights from Sam Fisher, but he looked to be the guy who gets on the end of things rather than someone who initiates play. Fair enough in its way, as it does give us some more small forward power. It does bode poorly for Kym LeBois, as we have been active in this area.
At the moment I can't see LeBois making it. But he could well be the guy who spends a couple of years in the SANFL or whatever and returns to be a player. But things do not look good for him at the moment.

I like the idea of getting a bit of experience in. Until 2017 the Baby Blues really didn't have a lot of experienced heads to follow, and the ones we did tended to be injured a lot. But in 2017 we saw Alex Browne, Luke Russell, Cam O'Shea and Ryan Wiggins recruited. Of those Browne failed to play a game: he had lost the desire after his drug ban. Luke Russell was a good player - pity he moved back to Tassie to Captain/Coach. Cam O'Shea had a great year and Ryan Wiggins played a single game, playing mainly in Tassie.
If we can get anything like the results we got from Russell and O'Shea, from Josh Hill, Jesse Palmer and Sam Fisher, then we will be well ahead. The probability is not that high, but we live in hope.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
There were some nice highlights from Sam Fisher, but he looked to be the guy who gets on the end of things rather than someone who initiates play. Fair enough in its way, as it does give us some more small forward power. It does bode poorly for Kym LeBois, as we have been active in this area.
At the moment I can't see LeBois making it. But he could well be the guy who spends a couple of years in the SANFL or whatever and returns to be a player. But things do not look good for him at the moment.

I like the idea of getting a bit of experience in. Until 2017 the Baby Blues really didn't have a lot of experienced heads to follow, and the ones we did tended to be injured a lot. But in 2017 we saw Alex Browne, Luke Russell, Cam O'Shea and Ryan Wiggins recruited. Of those Browne failed to play a game: he had lost the desire after his drug ban. Luke Russell was a good player - pity he moved back to Tassie to Captain/Coach. Cam O'Shea had a great year and Ryan Wiggins played a single game, playing mainly in Tassie.
If we can get anything like the results we got from Russell and O'Shea, from Josh Hill, Jesse Palmer and Sam Fisher, then we will be well ahead. The probability is not that high, but we live in hope.

Fisher looks like a good receiver and user, Lebois needs opportunity as I said before needs to start up the ground so he can get a kick and get confidence..
Dont see Hill playing senior footy again, smart player and will kick goals at AFL level but work rate, tackling, forward pressure were not his strong points when he played at the Dogs and WC....