Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle (Read 37870 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle

Reply #225
One of the reasons I listen more closely to some commentators than others. I've always taken more notice of Duck's thoughts than many others. However, the others were also right. How come we rolled up half asleep? Where were our leaders in the first half? Was it 2016 when we rocked up to the Gabba for a very winnable game and stunk the place up in the first half, only to almost snatch it in the 2nd half?

I guess the bottom line is we seem to have 4 categories of blokes at our club, the leaders/experienced blokes have been brought up on failure (apart from a tease in 2011 - perhaps our senior blokes learned something from Juddy?) so they haven't learned behaviour around excellence in every minute of every game, kids... we all know the inconsistencies you get with these, journeymen and glass men.

Yes they did have a point
....and its a point Carey kept conceding   but they wouldn't wear his observations which were probably more valid.
Ignorant!

Carey has some baggage but he knows more about football than quite a few.
I wonder can he coach?

Reply #226
This isn't a good look.

https://streamable.com/zmf8x
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #227
Hurts even more coming out of that maggot Roos' mouth.
Did make me laugh though when Roos says "...And we've been supportive of Carlton". I'll admit a few in the media in recent weeks, until last weekend, have been supportive, but I've never heard anything except negative come out of Roos' mouth when it comes to Carlton.

Reply #228
This isn't a good look.

The vision doesnt lie, pathetic.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #229
This isn't a good look.

They showed similar footage on Access All Areas. It's pretty bad viewing, and should be highlighted, but in the interest of balance they maybe should have mentioned the 2nd half effort, which was better. Yes, it was too little too late, but telling only half the story is pretty poor reporting, unfortunately now par for the course.

And Brown is dumb as dogsh1t, and an overrated leader.

Reply #230
They showed similar footage on Access All Areas. It's pretty bad viewing, and should be highlighted, but in the interest of balance they maybe should have mentioned the 2nd half effort, which was better. Yes, it was too little too late, but telling only half the story is pretty poor reporting, unfortunately now par for the course.

And Brown is dumb as dogsh1t, and an overrated leader.

I think that they were highlighting our lack of effort and resistance while Freo piled on 12 goals to zero, which was when the game was won and lost.
Legitimate reporting in my view.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #231
Yep I agree, we deserve every bit of crap that gets thrown at us after that first half

Reply #232
I think that they were highlighting our lack of effort and resistance while Freo piled on 12 goals to zero, which was when the game was won and lost.
Legitimate reporting in my view.

It's only half the story. They don't mention the fact that we won the 2nd half - they highlight the negative and leave the rest out. It's not much I know, but why leave it out ?

Reply #233
It's only half the story. They don't mention the fact that we won the 2nd half - they highlight the negative and leave the rest out. It's not much I know, but why leave it out ?
Doesn't help the story and let's face it even die hard supporters would have drawn little comfort from the second half given what was dished up earlier. RIgth now we are a good side bar for the media as they can refer to our plight any time they need some filler. We need to shut up and put up some decent performances in order for this to change.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #234

Because it's pretty much irrelevant, the first half was the story of the game.

Reply #235
Looking at kerridge he looks like he's maintaining presence in the corridor and forcing players wide in an effort to protect a zone (albeit poorly which might be why he wasn't playing seniors earlier).

Even when he stops in the back half, he does so in a space no one else is occupying and is blocking a leading channel (but not all that "switched on").

Rowe's effort needs no examining.   He was pushed out of a contest and had no hope catching anyone.  For each of these efforts there's another you can point to that says otherwise and the effort to chase down billy Gowers comes to mind against the doggies.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #236
Kerridge looks like he's out for a Sunday morning jog to me, if what he's doing in that clip is following the coach's instructions we need a new coach.

Reply #237
Whatever they were trying to do was pretty ineffective ::)

Reply #238
Yep I agree, we deserve every bit of crap that gets thrown at us after that first half
As a mate of mine said, time for BB to stop acting like a school teacher and start acting like a coach. Rowe, Kerridge and anyone else that is in similar damning footage, must be dropped this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time