Skip to main content
Topic: Murphy Growing Into Leadership Role - AGE (Read 18575 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Murphy Growing Into Leadership Role - AGE

Reply #45
Firstly, lets say he is the rightful captain for this side and is really a captain now.

This isn't about Murphy in particular but I was watching Goddard collect his players on the ground after the final siren and give them an absolute bake on the ground. I've seen Pav do this, Hodge, some others. I don't seem to ever recall a Carlton player ever doing that - maybe I'm wrong. We laughed at the idea of Goddard, Collingwood dropped Thomas from their leadership group and I cannot see him ever doing it.

Are there any of our players you could see take this sort of action? Gibbs maybe?

Reply #46
Goddard had an absolute shocker, and pinned it on his teamates.

I didn't even know he was playing.

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure I've seen Simpson do this.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
I saw Murphy do it after the Melbourne game I think but other than that I've seen Carrazzo and Scotto get stuck in a few times.

Goddard is a tool, not sure what he was saying but he seemed to really have a crack at Chappy, or he was asking him something to which Chappy responded but neither looked too happy. If I was Chappy I'd be telling Goddard to win a premiership before he has a crack at me personally.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48
Why is it necessary to 'grandstand' in front of the crowd? What's wrong with getting them in a small room straight after they walk off the ground and eyeballing them then? And who says Murph doesn't do this??

I think some of this can be for show.

Reply #49
Why is it necessary to 'grandstand' in front of the crowd? What's wrong with getting them in a small room straight after they walk off the ground and eyeballing them then? And who says Murph doesn't do this??

I think some of this can be for show.

The way of a true leader is to praise in public and chastise in private.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
Goddard is an absolute tool - he is constantly having a go at team mates, not a good look IMO.

Reply #51
Firstly, lets say he is the rightful captain for this side and is really a captain now.

This isn't about Murphy in particular but I was watching Goddard collect his players on the ground after the final siren and give them an absolute bake on the ground. I've seen Pav do this, Hodge, some others. I don't seem to ever recall a Carlton player ever doing that - maybe I'm wrong. We laughed at the idea of Goddard, Collingwood dropped Thomas from their leadership group and I cannot see him ever doing it.

Are there any of our players you could see take this sort of action? Gibbs maybe?

Murph did this after we lost to Melbourne and a number of other times.