Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs GWS (Read 12489 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #75
Agree....maybe the brains trust think we cant win and LOB needs the development vs Kelly and crew.
I would have picked Kennedy as I think he would be value and know the opposition better but he seems on the outer at the moment....

I'm pretty shocked he hasn't cracked it for a game yet. He has been dominating some games in the VFL, has a bigger body and has been on the fringes for a while. Some have leapfrogged him going in and out of the side. It seems he is the 23rd best player on our list, and 22nd and 24th seem to swap positions every week. Not sure what else he needs to do.

re Intel vs GWS, that works both ways though. Maybe GWS know his weakness and can take him out of the game relatively easy. Who knows.

As for LOB <-> Cunners swap. Its as much about speed as anything else i suspect. LOB is pretty quick. We just don't get to see it enough.

Reply #76
At least my eyesight is still working :D

I reckon we are worried more about their outside run given our size. I will watch him closely.

Reply #77
I'm pretty shocked he hasn't cracked it for a game yet. He has been dominating some games in the VFL, has a bigger body and has been on the fringes for a while. Some have leapfrogged him going in and out of the side. It seems he is the 23rd best player on our list, and 22nd and 24th seem to swap positions every week. Not sure what else he needs to do.

re Intel vs GWS, that works both ways though. Maybe GWS know his weakness and can take him out of the game relatively easy. Who knows.

As for LOB <-> Cunners swap. Its as much about speed as anything else i suspect. LOB is pretty quick. We just don't get to see it enough.

Maybe Kennedy called BB and SOS a c@nt behind closed doors and they have long memories. Stranger things have happened to keep players from getting a game. ????
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #78
I am all for the direction of the club but the selection of LOB has me totally baffled, he has done SFA.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
Hard to see how O’brien gets picked before Kennedy.

Maybe it ‘the need for speed’.  O’Brien has it, Kennedy doesn’t.  But then you need to get the pill!!

Reply #80
I am all for the direction of the club but the selection of LOB has me totally baffled, he has done SFA.

We'll lose - picking him is going in with one less player.

The kids only 19 granted but shouldn't be picked on form or output....madness.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #81
O'Brien will be ok in a couple of years but he's too small right now. Why not Kennedy?

European Race walking Cup is on. Lots of people I know in it so the footy will come 2nd today. An on and off thing.

Given the opposition and the fact they are on the rebound it might not matter. As long as they don't beat us by 100pts again while playing the last qtr with 16 men.

Reply #82
Maybe it ‘the need for speed’.  O’Brien has it, Kennedy doesn’t.  But then you need to get the pill!!

One thing Jack Dyer used to say all the time, "no good being where the ball aint".

Reply #83
O'Brien will be ok in a couple of years but he's too small right now. Why not Kennedy?

European Race walking Cup is on. Lots of people I know in it so the footy will come 2nd today. An on and off thing.

Given the opposition and the fact they are on the rebound it might not matter. As long as they don't beat us by 100pts again while playing the last qtr with 16 men.

LOB doesnt contest well enough at this stage and is very outside which is fine if you hit your targets and help create for others but he doesnt do the outside well enough to
compensate for his lack of inside game.

Reply #84
LOB doesnt contest well enough at this stage and is very outside which is fine if you hit your targets and help create for others but he doesnt do the outside well enough to
Can't argue with that.

Reply #85
Strap in Bluebaggers.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #86
O’Brien in Cunningham  out

General soreness.... >:(

LOB?

Baffling. Yes, Cuningham is quick and LOB is quicker than Kennedy but ...but...  ::) ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #87

Surely garlett is a better alternative to lob at this stage.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #88
No,  Garrett is more of the same.   Kennedy is the obvious one to bring in.

Kerr must be close too,  been BOG for the NBs in two games and has a bit of crap in him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #89
Surely garlett is a better alternative to lob at this stage.

Garlett is another player who isnt contested material and along with Lebois needs to be moved on.
Pickett at least can win his own ball and is a robust enough player but not robust enough to stay on the park unfortunately.