Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 21986 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #60

Problem is one is a key position forward kicking goals in the VFL on a regular basis and would provide a proper target, taking the pressure off Levi, one is not a KP forward in the seniors doing nothing with very little workrate.

As far as two rucks go, it always hurts us. At some point you have to balance the side properly.

Reply #61
brisbane lions smashed us in the middle and many weeks later we are still trying to address it.Who is the ruck/ midfield coach?

Cant afford to have Thompson, Sloane etc unmanned like we did with Pendlebury, Bolton has been poor with his tactics of recent weeks and needs to get his matchups right.
We had Stevens for Stkilda running onto tapouts with no one in front of him and vs Brisbane we had Rockliff racking up 40 plus possies....
Need to keep the game tight and punish the Crows on the rebound..Kruezer and Philips have to beat Jacobs and limit their forward entries as we wont be able to stop their multi pronged forward line
if the ball keeps going down there..

We need another mid like Graham to have a breakout game and get 30 plus possies like he does in the VFL...too much is left to Cripps in particular as well as Gibbs...

Reply #62
Well, only one change is Armfield coming in, with the other I/C players being  Everitt, Walker and Sumner. A little surprising?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
Well, only one change is Armfield coming in, with the other I/C players being  Everitt, Walker and Sumner. A little surprising?

Everitt is the luckiest footballer going around at present...lucky that Curnow, McKay, Boekhorst -- to name a few -- are not ready yet. Sorry, but rewarding poor form with a senior berth is, well, poor form.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #64
Well, I'll be going along tomorrow with pretty low expectations. I was looking at the Pies game as a benchmark as to where we currently stand and IMO it was a pretty good indicator. The usual suspects will again be in the team tomorrow and I have no reason to think things will play out any differently for us - I pray that they prove me wrong.

If this is the best 22 we can field and there is little pressure from the NBs for senior spots I can only conclude that we will see big changes in the list again for 2017.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
Very thin in the 'cattle' department. I think the midfield really misses Murphy as evidenced by our poor clearance rate while he's been missing. Why the hell is Cripps jumping for tapouts!

Reply #66
Everitt is the luckiest footballer going around at present...lucky that Curnow, McKay, Boekhorst -- to name a few -- are not ready yet. Sorry, but rewarding poor form with a senior berth is, well, poor form.

Gifting games to guys who have obviously not met the standard required is worse.

I would think that supporters would give Bolts at least a season to implement his plan.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #67
Gifting games to guys who have obviously not met the standard required is worse.

I would think that supporters would give Bolts at least a season to implement his plan.
Well said CIMM
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #68

And that's exactly why Everitt is lucky. Those who should/will take his place aren't up to it yet, as he isn't.

Reply #69
The average fan doesn't know Everitt's role, the club are obviously happier with him than the fans.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70
I'm going along tomorrow, 100% win record for me this year (1/1) so I'm expecting another.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #71
I'm going along tomorrow, 100% win record for me this year (1/1) so I'm expecting another.
Go Blues.

Ditto. Going tomorrow and the last time I went we played the Pussycats. Let's keep that %!

Reply #72
Ditto. Going tomorrow and the last time I went we played the Pussycats. Let's keep that %!
Ditto
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #73
Go Blues.

Ditto.

Not sure this one will be 2/2, but spoke with big Levi today, who said if they can execute their system, they'll be a chance... No doubt that's what the players are told to say, but stranger things have happened.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #74
Not too confident for this game and it may get very ugly. Hope the boys have a real crack and take some more steps forward. Go Baggers
Realistically not expecting a win, give the current status of both teams, a soild contested effort is what I hope we deliver.