Skip to main content
Topic: Pass-mark for 2014 (Read 27183 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass-mark for 2014

Reply #60
That's my benchmark too Shadesy.  Malthouse was employed to win a flag and we have to make this season's GF to have a realistic chance in 2015.  Of course, we could exceed expectations and get the job done in 2014 and 2015  :)

The only way we will make the Grand Final in 2014 is if we do a "Bradbury" as others fall around us unexpectedly.

I'm not the one setting the pass mark. I am more realistic, but the Management and board saw fit to bring in a premiership coach to win a flag and gave him 3 years to do it.

I'm looking for improvement.
2013 - 2nd week of finals
2014 - Play in a prelim final
2015 - play in a Grand final !!

If MM doesn't get close to achieving this, then it's likely bye bye MM, and we find a new coach to build a team without Judd, Waite, Scotland, Carrazzo and maybe Simpson.

Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #61
That's my benchmark too Shadesy.  Malthouse was employed to win a flag and we have to make this season's GF to have a realistic chance in 2015.  Of course, we could exceed expectations and get the job done in 2014 and 2015  :)

The only way we will make the Grand Final in 2014 is if we do a "Bradbury" as others fall around us unexpectedly.

I'm not the one setting the pass mark. I am more realistic, but the Management and board saw fit to bring in a premiership coach to win a flag and gave him 3 years to do it.

I'd rather them reevaluate based on what they've seen rather than what was expected under a different coach with over a quarter of the list different from when he got here. Not fair but better than them chasing something that isn't realistic.

But they were not happy to re-evaluate when top 4 was expected and jobs were lost because it didn't happen?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #62

I'd rather them reevaluate based on what they've seen rather than what was expected under a different coach with over a quarter of the list different from when he got here. Not fair but better than them chasing something that isn't realistic.

But they were not happy to re-evaluate when top 4 was expected and jobs were lost because it didn't happen?

No way they'd admit it publicly but I wonder if they regret their decision at all, or if they're happy where things are at?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63

If MM doesn't get close to achieving this, then it's likely bye bye MM, and we find a new coach to build a team without Judd, Waite, Scotland, Carrazzo and maybe Simpson.

I think we need to make a prelim..... or better.

Time for some of these wannabees to stand up and deliver.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #64

Making a prelim sounds great but I feel we are still a little bit off that pace at present.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #65

@Amers, totally agree with you. I just don't think we are good enough to achieve that. But what would i know anyway.

Reply #66
And around in a circle we go again. Carlton's problem is they have fark all patience and too much money. Piss one coach off, pay him out, bring another in, and when success doesn't happen overnight, repeat it all over again. I'm still spewin over Wayne Brittain FFS. 

The way we're going, we are going to be just like Richmond with the way they have gone through coach after coach. Hardwick got re-signed the other day, and believe it or not, his contract until the end of 2015 I think it is will make him their longest serving coach since Tom Hafey! 

Reply #67

Making a prelim sounds great but I feel we are still a little bit off that pace at present.

Who knows..... if you win the crunch games (or most of them) during the H & A and get a top 4 finish anything is possible?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #68
And around in a circle we go again. Carlton's problem is they have fark all patience and too much money. Piss one coach off, pay him out, bring another in, and when success doesn't happen overnight, repeat it all over again. I'm still spewin over Wayne Brittain FFS. 

The way we're going, we are going to be just like Richmond with the way they have gone through coach after coach. Hardwick got re-signed the other day, and believe it or not, his contract until the end of 2015 I think it is will make him their longest serving coach since Tom Hafey!

Unfortunately sad, but true!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #69
2014 is the year that MM has to show pretty much everyone that he is the right person to lead us to a flag. Players, supporters and the president and board.

What level of success he requires to show that I'm not sure. He had plenty of doubters and even haters amongst the supporter group in 2013, lets hope he can show everyone in 2014 that he is the right person for the job !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!