Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 15 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 5849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 15 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #30
"Cotrell is, was and always will be a spud.  You cannot polish a turd. Also Walsh.  We all love him but have you seen his meters gained this year?  It's putrid.  He is disposal seeking, then giving it off too quick to avoid contact.  Needs to get that out of his game because it is costing us."

Is this the sort of game that Inboltswetrust doesn't comment on?? 😁

🤣
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #31
Our best win for the year. even when we were down by 3 in the 1st we were playing very well, apart from scoring. Very even spread across the board. Our threadbare backline did exceptionally well. At times we had so much space going forward we over thunk it and made the wrong decision. Fantastic result. Big Johnno Brown commented on the atmosphere down at Princes Park this week as he paid the club a visit. Said the whole playing group was extremely positive and supportive. Think the days of suspect culture are long gone. Really hope we continue from here. We could be in for something really, really special I feel (keep a lid on it)

Reply #32
"Cotrell is, was and always will be a spud.  You cannot polish a turd. Also Walsh.  We all love him but have you seen his meters gained this year?  It's putrid.  He is disposal seeking, then giving it off too quick to avoid contact.  Needs to get that out of his game because it is costing us."
Is this the sort of game that Inboltswetrust doesn't comment on?? 😁
T, you forgot this;
My final comment will piss people off, but i am happy to revist and requote at the end of the year for those who are going to abuse me now.  Here it is:  "We will not make finals in 2022" after losing this pathetic game to Richmond.  I'm serious.  We need 4 more wins.  Where are they comming from ?  Maybe WC is one.  Maybe.  Adelaide?  Good luck with that on their ground.  Rest of them... doubtful.    We had an easy draw and bathed in the glory. 
We now only need 3 more wins  ;D

Reply #33
Great win. Agree with those who rate it out best for the season. A very even contribution from all. 
Played that hard at the footy contested game that will serve us well in finals but also slowed it down and chipped it around when we needed.
Also seem to finally have a hard edge about us now. Seeing skinny fisher show some attitude to Fyfe after he tackled him late in the game, Jack mouthing off at every opportunity, Newman tells his opponent every time he has a win on them - this sort of stuff is what the great hawthorn and Brisbane teams had spades of. Who’s our coach again.

How good is the development of Cottrell, Young, Lob and TDK. One positive of having so many injuries is these sorts of young blokes get continuity and Cottrell in particular looks to have taken his game to a new level. His disposal is now clean and he is a bloody hard two way running winger who can hit the scoreboard. Not an easy match up that bloke.

Reply #34
Great win indeed.
I'm with you regards Longmuir. I dislike him. Despise his flat affect and monotone drivel. Human proclivity- like what you like, hate what you hate.
He leaves me cold, too. I am quite happy to rub his face in the result. Some people can be magnanimous in defeat: Longmuir isn't one of them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
Great win. Agree with those who rate it out best for the season. A very even contribution from all. 
Played that hard at the footy contested game that will serve us well in finals but also slowed it down and chipped it around when we needed.
Also seem to finally have a hard edge about us now. Seeing skinny fisher show some attitude to Fyfe after he tackled him late in the game, Jack mouthing off at every opportunity, Newman tells his opponent every time he has a win on them - this sort of stuff is what the great hawthorn and Brisbane teams had spades of. Who’s our coach again.

How good is the development of Cottrell, Young, Lob and TDK. One positive of having so many injuries is these sorts of young blokes get continuity and Cottrell in particular looks to have taken his game to a new level. His disposal is now clean and he is a bloody hard two way running winger who can hit the scoreboard. Not an easy match up that bloke.
you've picked 4 blokes who have really stepped up this year. The way they have developed since last year is just one of the more notable things Voss can take some credit for. Young wasn't making an impression at the Dogs, Cottrell was patchy and his skills were an issue. Lochie O'Brien has probably saved his career and is doing a great job on a wing. As for Tom de Koning, he really showed something today. His huge leap and tap to Hewett, who kicked down Charlie's throat, was one of the best pieces of play you could ever see. (Pity Charlie stuffed up the kick!) The way he nullified one of the competition's best ruckmen was lovely to see.
Mind you, I Think playing at Marvel helps TDK: he likes the fast, hard conditions. His efforts were great.
Jack Silvagni may have had only a could of taps, but his swarming on the ball after the tap was lovely. He managed 10 or 11 marks and really provided a target around the ground.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
What is extremely evident, especially today, is the camaraderie the team displays. Players, coaching staff, boot studders, united as one for a common cause and more importantly for each other. The last time I saw a Carlton team like this was 1995. Voss and co coached brilliantly today. But what impressed me most today was not Walshy's 40 possessions, not Charlies explosive 5 goals, or TDK roughing up Darcy, it was this commentary when Fish tackled Fyfe over the line in the 4th:
Jordan Lewis: "I like it Howey, This Carlton side has got a nastiness about them, which you can't say that they have had in the past five, maybe even longer"
Jono Brown: "Well it'll have something to do with the coach"
Jordan Lewis "But right now, they are physically and mentally and verbally intimidating"
Brought a tear to this old Bluebaggers eye. Finally!!

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
Just got into Singapore and missed the match. Nice surprise when I arrived.

Reply #38
Now he can tuck in to a double serve of humble pie.

The way Voss is going this year I have been eating humble pie by the slabful....haha.

Doing what I thought he couldn't do, and more! Good to see us back!

Reply #39
Stop talking up Voss. The experts o TV have been banging on about Craig McRae being the best coach this season so far. Making the most with what players he has. WTF have we been doing with more key players out than almost every other side in the league? So far our coaches in total, and players efforts is more than pleasing. This is a foundation we can really build on. Now we need to not be complacent with the Saints. The next few games could really set up a great season with some finals experience.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
Best win  of the year.

Totally agree - undermanned and outreached (on the rare occasions that they got the ball forward) but every player contributed to imposing an all over level of intensity that I haven't seen since I don't know when.

Even fringe players (e.g. Motlop, Kemp, Boyd) showed up well and showed that we might have greater depth than was previously believed.

I continue to be impressed by the efforts of wingers Cottrell, O'Brien and Newnes. These guys are running deep back to provide extra defensive efforts and running hard forward to hit the scoreboard and set up other scoring plays.

Reply #42
I was not expecting:
5 goals from our wingers
83% DE
17. Yes 17 i50 tackles
More marks i50
Triple their centre clearances
50% more clearances from half the ho
More tackles
Less free kicks
All that and a W over 2nd on the ladder

I'm staggered and extremely impressed by the players, coaches, and staff 👏

This performance will give our boys
belief they can match it with good sides when they all play their role.

I'll be praying that Boyd and Owies didn't sustain serious injuries.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #43
BOG: Team defensive pressure, toughness & persistence. Not one passenger.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
BOG: Team defensive pressure, toughness & persistence. Not one passenger.
Agreed, but I have one reservation.

I'm not sure at all that you can play that game style week in and week out, fans think it's great, but it takes a toll. You need to have a few different ways to win a game, because the level of repeat running we saw yesterday from the guys like LoB, Fisher, Walsh, Cottrell and Boyd is not really sustainable week after week.

One of the things that made Nthmond successful was that they had more than one tempo, they rarely played more than a half of berserka type footy. They also played the tempo game very well. Yesterday, while it made fans happy, it was 4-Qtrs of finals beserka footy.

I suspect with a 6 day break we will have a lot less run next Friday night against the Aints, it will be intriguing to see how Voss manages the tactics.
The Force Awakens!