Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1 2015 (Read 70088 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1/Best 22 2015

Reply #120
Backs...
FB Tuohy   Jamison   White   
HB Yarran   Rowe   Docherty   

Something similar to what we saw last year. White still holds his spot because Jakchs isn't ready to go. Currently injured and will take some time to get up to speed. Will probably replace white by seasons end. Tuohy holds his spot as i reckon he was carrying an injury most of last year, will be back to his harrassing best in 2015. Yarran to start off HB, Walker HF, and play it by ear as to how they are both going.

Up forward....
HF Walker   Henderson   Thomas   
FF Menzel   Casboult   Judd   

Henderson and Casboult are the go to men. Walker playing there allows him to be the 3rd tall type should we lose a big man, yet still maintain the run we desire. Too early for Jones to force his way into the lineup...but it will happen. Menzel and Thomas to spend most of their time forward with the odd stint on the ball. Ditto Judd, but with the idea of limiting his midfield minutes so that we can potentially prolong his career 1 more year.

Midfield....
C Everitt   Murphy   Simpson   
R Kreuzer   Gibbs   Curnow   
I Buckley   Carrazzo   Cripps   Bell

The toughest part of the ground to get right. Going with only 1 ruckman, Casboult backup.
Murphy/Gibbs are locks.
Curnow gets the starting tagging role, Everitt there as option b.
Carrazzo/Simpson must be picked early, although i suspect they may not demand selection all year as the kids start coming through and age catches up with them.
We've put a lot of faith in Cripps and i expect him to get some game time early on at the expense of someone like Graham and Wiley.
Buckley deserves selection and will fill Tuohys shoes down back should he not recapture his form.

Last spot was handed to Bell in this case, but will change depending on what we want. Could've gone to Armfield if we wanted the same hardness but more run and carry. It could've gone to Boekhurst if we wanted more run and class. Could go to another ruckman, could go to another KPP.

Overall, i think that 22 is what will start R1, as they deserve that honour, but i think it will look far different to what starts R22 as we find a few players throughout the year.

Ideally, i'd like Tuohy, Bell, White and Curnow to be replace/upgraded and Boekhurst, Wiley, Jakchs, Jones, Smith and Viojo-Rainbow to be demanding a spot.

Reply #122
No love for Judd EB? Im guessing that's a mistake and not intentional?!

Interesting that you have both Irishman ahead of Docherty. If that's how it goes it's great news for the Irish, not so great for Docherty and the recruiting department !!

Yep Amers thats a mistake and I have done an edit, either Cripps or Buckley would have to make way for him and one would play as the sub..
There is a bit of love for the Irish and I think Mick likes them both even though I am not sold on Zac
as he is very loose at times but his run off half back and big kicking are what appeals to the coach IMO...

Reply #123
Way too early for me to be picking round 1 yet.

Need to see how some of last years young blokes have come on and how the new more mature blokes go.

Could be some pleasant surprises in there somewhere. Well hoping anyway.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #124
Cripps will play Rd 1.

Would want to have come on in leaps and bounds. If he's anywhere near last year's level he'll get eaten up in the midfield.
^^ agree 200%
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #125
Cripps will play Rd 1.

Would want to have come on in leaps and bounds. If he's anywhere near last year's level he'll get eaten up in the midfield.
^^ agree 200%

Having done a pre-season will make a huge difference.

Reply #126
Cripps will play Rd 1.

^^ agree 200%

Having done a pre-season will make a huge difference.

As will having experienced footy at AFL level in 2014.  Cripps knows what is required and, if he is going to have an impact, it will be next season.

Depending on which website you believe, he grew 3cm this year.  Hopefully, he has stopped growing now and his body will be better able to stand up to the demands of AFL.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #127
@kruds I'd have Buckley in the back ahead of 2E. Buckley far more dangerous

Reply #128
The thing with Cripps is he's slow so he needs to hit in hard and really use the ball well. Would be a big step up from last year fingers crossed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #129
Here's what afl.com.au reckons...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-06/your-clubs-best-22

Carlton
B: Zach Tuohy, Michael Jamison, Dylan Buckley
HB: Chris Yarran, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
C: Dale Thomas, Bryce Gibbs, Ed Curnow
HF: Andrew Carrazzo, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
F: Andrew Walker, Levi Casboult, Liam Jones
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Marc Murphy
Int: Tom Bell, Andrejs Everitt, Sam Docherty
Sub: Patrick Cripps

New: Liam Jones (Western Bulldogs)
Unavailable: Kristian Jaksch (foot)

Going very small in defence.

Reply #130
Here's what afl.com.au reckons...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-06/your-clubs-best-22

Carlton
B: Zach Tuohy, Michael Jamison, Dylan Buckley
HB: Chris Yarran, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
C: Dale Thomas, Bryce Gibbs, Ed Curnow
HF: Andrew Carrazzo, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
F: Andrew Walker, Levi Casboult, Liam Jones
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Chris Judd, Marc Murphy
Int: Tom Bell, Andrejs Everitt, Sam Docherty
Sub: Patrick Cripps

New: Liam Jones (Western Bulldogs)
Unavailable: Kristian Jaksch (foot)

Going very small in defence.

And very tall in attack - 3 genuine talls plus Walker and Menzel - only Carrazzo is a genuine small type, and I don't know about him on a forward flank.  Swinging Hendo back would balance things somewhat, or if you want that tall a forward line Everitt could go back as a third tall, or as an in between Walker back as a third tall being replaced by a small up forward.

Reply #131
B: Tuohy, Jamison, Sheehan
Hb: Simpson, Rowe, Yarran
C: Thomas, Gibbs, Docherty
Hf: Walker, Henderson, Boekhorst
F: Menzel, Jones, Casboult
Foll: Wood, Judd
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Buckley, Carrazzo, Cripps, Everitt

Reply #132
B: Tuohy - Jamison - Jacksch
HB: Simpson - Rowe - Sheehan
C: Thomas - Gibbs - Yarran
HF: Walker - Henderson - Curnow
F: Menzel - Jones - Casboult
R: Kreuzer - Murphy - Judd

I/C: Everitt - Carrazzo - Cripps - (Boekhorst)

- Jacksch and if he is not ready White have to play as the 3rd tall down back otherwise we are too short. Don't get me started on this swingman sh1te any decent team that knows what it's doing doesn't have "swingmen" covering holes everywhere.
- Not sure if Carrots and Curnow can play in the same team and expect Docherty to be in most games. Buckley also tough to miss out but will be right on the hammer of a couple.

Reply #133
Docherty not in the best 22?

Reply #134
Buckley Jamison White
Docherty Rowe Simpson
Yarran Gibbs Thomas
Everitt Henderson Walker
Casboult Jones Menzel
Kreuzer Judd Murphy
Boekhurst Cripps Curnow sub: Whiley