Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 29648 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #212
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-05-13/injury-update-round-9

Plow out - fractured cheekbone - where's the f'n MRO review of that incident?!!!

Willo out too.

Newman back, no Jones!

Williamson with back problems again....thats not good news..
Pity about Liam Jones,just just shows how hard those knocks are and what damage they do as he is a very fit unit and still needs the two weeks to get over it, in the old days players must have rocked up still concussed, how dangerous must have that been..

Reply #213
Apologies again if I rehash previous comments (haven't read them all) but same emotions again this week.....we just keep finding a way to lose! But with all of that, had to be pretty impressed with pretty much the whole effort bar that last 7 or 8 minutes. So many blokes put their hands up after dire games in recent weeks....Murphy/Marchbank to name a couple. But I'm still bemused at Plowman and how many mistakes he continues to make. And it's almost cover the eyes stuff when Dow gets the ball. He looks nervous and flustered and turns it over too much.

Agree with some earlier comments about Stocker. He's still pretty raw but IMH is a good size and looked pretty composed and Williamson's kicking is still better than most blokes in the team.

The forward line functioned well and Cunningham's kicking has improved heaps since his first couple of years and he is now a genuine small forward with good pace.

At the end of the day it was against last year's grand finalist and a team that most would rank as favourites to win it this year....and we lost in the last 5 minutes. Bring that sort of effort and the wins will eventually come. Yes, still heartbreaking and frustrating to be losing but that was a massive improvement on the week before.

But the fact remains...we're anchored to the bottom (again) and Adelaide would be licking their lips at the possibility of pick one in this year's draft.

Reply #214
WTF....so from our defenders, the following are potentially unavailable:

Jones
Simpson
Newman
Williamson
Plowman
Docherty

That's almost your starting 6 defenders apart from Weitering!

And this week up against GWS who will be filthy at losing last week.

If Williamson's back has gone again then they would be seriously concerned at his future? All the more reason to get the cheque book out and start looking at getting Tomlinson.

Reply #215
WTF....so from our defenders, the following are potentially unavailable:

Jones
Simpson
Newman
Williamson
Plowman
Docherty

That's almost your starting 6 defenders apart from Weitering!

And this week up against GWS who will be filthy at losing last week.

If Williamson's back has gone again then they would be seriously concerned at his future? All the more reason to get the cheque book out and start looking at getting Tomlinson.

Newman is a good chance to play according to Rusty Russell. Plowman, Jones and Simmo at least 1 more week out. Williamson is quoted as missing the next couple, but that sounds suss to me.

Reply #216
... Ablett gets off, the average goals per game now at a 52 year low and a complete imbalance in umpiring adjudications.  Great game huh? 

Reply #217
... Ablett gets off, the average goals per game now at a 52 year low and a complete imbalance in umpiring adjudications.  Great game huh? 

Couldn't agree more. Ablett and Fyfe getting off is ridiculous.

If Crippa gets a bit cranky at being tagged heavily this week and decides to jump into someone's head with his elbow he'll get off completely scott free will he?

Not in a million years.

Reply #218
Newman is a good chance to play according to Rusty Russell. Plowman, Jones and Simmo at least 1 more week out. Williamson is quoted as missing the next couple, but that sounds suss to me.

I expect Williamson to be out for an extended period unfortunately.
Also unfortunate is I think Garlett will be back this week as a back flank. Can't think who else we'd bring in. Can't play Gov down back surely.
Could Kennedy come in?

Reply #219
You may mistaken this for a scene from 'Bruno', but this would have been the MO of the umpires in the Filth rooms post match:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1nqF0ddDc8I

Reply #220

But the fact remains...we're anchored to the bottom (again) and Adelaide would be licking their lips at the possibility of pick one in this year's draft.

Light anchor, I think.  Our % is better than four other teams.  We have shown that we can play some good footy.  While we have picked up a few injuries and we need our best 22 out there, I think some wins will come soon (not this week) and won't take long to leap frog some others.

Reply #221
I expect Williamson to be out for an extended period unfortunately.
Also unfortunate is I think Garlett will be back this week as a back flank. Can't think who else we'd bring in. Can't play Gov down back surely.
Could Kennedy come in?

Newman and Daisy on the flanks with Stocker in the pocket, we might try Casboult on your man Finlayson or even bring in Goddard.
Just hope Mummy isnt playing...Williamson must have some real doubts on his future, I'd be chatting to Tomlinson after the game if I was SOS...

Reply #222
Objectively both accurate statements.

One discusses a love of the new direction, while the other repeats concerns that the old ways have not yet left.

And sacking Bolton @ this point in time will reinforce that we haven’t learnt from the past and are in fact still repeating the same mistakes.
We are all devastated by the losses, but any 1/2 interested observer can stand back and see the progress being made, the wins will come.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #223
Would I be happy? Telling it like it is. you can do that.

Not sure if you think a 10% record over 40 games is good 4th year into a rebuild but I don't. It's terrible! lose next week and that figure becomes single figues. Like in what universe is that acceptable.

Just don't have the right coach. always a risk getting someone who has played the same amount of AFL games as the rest of us. Needed to fix culture so having a bloke who hasn't played risks not getting full respect. Would do nothing to improve culture. May well be playing out that way. Something has to be it 4 from 40.

Respect is a big thing and I really can’t believe that you of all people are revelling in our and Boltons situation.
With your coaching background I really expected better of you Jim.
We are all wanting wins, you, me, Bolton and the players, but there’s usually smaller goals achieved before the 4 points.
I was talking the other day to a young SANFL footballer and an elite young cricketer, neither of whom supports Carlton but both were positively drooling at the potential they can see DEVELOPING @ Princess Park... it baffles me why you can’t ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #224
Light anchor, I think.  Our % is better than four other teams.  We have shown that we can play some good footy.  While we have picked up a few injuries and we need our best 22 out there, I think some wins will come soon (not this week) and won't take long to leap frog some others.

????????????????????????
Let’s go BIG !