Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 75145 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #165
Gentlemen, please. Let's not squabble over such things. What's done is done and it doesn't really matter. The important thing is the Italians have been eliminated.

A tournament that has no regard for sportsmanship and fair play is no place for the Italians.

Reply #166
But you're still spewing they're out? :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #168
Gentlemen, please. Let's not squabble over such things. What's done is done and it doesn't really matter. The important thing is the Italians have been eliminated.

A tournament that has no regard for sportsmanship and fair play is no place for the Italians.

nail on head.

Worst WC tournament in living memory
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #169
 :))

Reply #170

nail on head.

Mate are you guys serious? The Italians wrote the handbook on that stuff. As for the World Cup most pundits have it as the best ever and I agree.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #172
@Paul P and MBB

Here you go. ;)

https://vine.co/v/MtnO7MAx0OQ

The angle I saw was even more damning, shows him step straight across his line and take his leg out from behind.

You have my apologies. He still dived (as soccer players do) but contact was made and it is a penalty.

;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #173

nail on head.

Crazy Talk.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #174

nail on head.

Mate are you guys serious? The Italians wrote the handbook on that stuff. As for the World Cup most pundits have it as the best ever and I agree.

I thought it was quite obvious I wasn't being serious.

Reply #175

nail on head.

Crazy Talk.

When you have Greece, in their current capacity, progressing further than Italy and Spain you know there's something not quite right about the tournament  ;)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #176
And just for the record, it wasn't a penalty

― Mark Twain

Reply #177

nail on head.

I thought it was quite obvious I wasn't being serious.

Sorry, I thought you were serious lol. DU however......
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #178
When you have Greece, in their current capacity, progressing further than Italy and Spain you know there's something not quite right about the tournament  ;)

Actually I think you'll find half the Greek side play in Italy themselves, the rest have all been playing Champions League football, the talent is clearly there.

I'm tipping this one stings pretty bad DU, chin up, only another 4 years to go. This is what the second time running Italy has failed to progress from the group stage? I can understand your bitterness. :))

FWIW the Italians were sucked in by the Uruguayans who will try any dirty tactic to put their opponents off their game. Italy got dragged down to their level and paid the price.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #179

Actually I think you'll find half the Greek side play in Italy themselves, the rest have all been playing Champions League football, the talent is clearly there.

I'm tipping this one stings pretty bad DU, chin up, only another 4 years to go. This is what the second time running Italy has failed to progress from the group stage? I can understand your bitterness. :))

FWIW the Italians were sucked in by the Uruguayans who will try any dirty tactic to put their opponents off their game. Italy got dragged down to their level and paid the price.

p2c I was kidding  ;), If it cant be the Italians then glad that the Greeks are still in there. As for the Italians we had 65 % of the play in the first half and failed to capitalize. I said 2 weeks ago that our defense was sloppy.  You cant go defense for an entire game, ll it takes is one slip up and your stuffed. Some poor discipline whinging by our striker irked the hell out of me.

at least there's still some decent European representation. These south Americans have had a bulk of luck run their way thus far.

It just doesn't feel like a World cup.

― Mark Twain