Skip to main content
Topic: Wimbledon 2014 (Read 4564 times) previous topic - next topic

Wimbledon 2014

Wimbledon 2014 started today and 17th seed Sam Stosur has been knocked out already by Yanina Wickmayer from Belgium who is currently ranked 72 in the world.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Wimbledon 2014

Reply #1

;D

Reply #2
Wimbledon 2014 started today and 17th seed Sam Stosur has been knocked out already by Yanina Wickmayer from Belgium who is currently ranked 72 in the world.
Isnt Stosur a Blues supporter? ;D ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3

I heard Wickmayer is top 50, and a monster to play on grass as she stands 183cm tall!

Anywho, do we really have any prospects?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Lol.  Sam Stosur

Reply #5
Stosur = One Slam Wonder

And its Casey Delaqua who is the Blues fan!!

Reply #6
Casey is a very committed Blues fan and always keeps in touch with the club.

Special day (night in Oz) for her today, as she opens play on Centre Court against AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA, no 4 seed.  She's in career best form so it would be great if she could cause an upset.

Also Luke Saville backs up on Centre Court too.  Another good young kid who is coming through with Kryios.  There is a small light on the horizon!

Go Casey!

Reply #7

Quite happy to come in here and bag Stosur for losing, but nothing about an Aussie doing remarkably well. Cool.

Reply #8
Took me time to post because I'm paying now for having stayed up to watch the match.  Very impressive.  When Rafa broke after Kyrgios was a bit careless while serving when he was 5-6 down in the 2nd set, I thought Rafa would grind him into submission.  Rafa was serving with incredible consistency and Kyrgios was starting to slip.  But credit to Kyrgios, he was able to bring out the big serve on a number of break points to keep the pressure on.  Incredible that he was outhitting Rafa and not with reckless shotmaking. 

Fantastic shot between his legs even if the shot only became necessary because he was caught flatfooted on the baseline.