Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup 2015 (Read 20884 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Reply #15
Why is the non Australian games not being shown on FTA?

Pathetic I reckon.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #16

Pathetic I reckon.

Agree..the non Aus games are on Foxtel.....
Aus vs NZ this week is the game of the tournament....

India did it easy vs the Saffies and are probably the other team to beat with NZ...

Reply #17

Pathetic I reckon.

Figured as much, IMO it is still a joke that something like a cricket world cup is not being shown in it;s entirety on FTA.

What next? Are we going to lose more AFL games?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #18

Pathetic I reckon.

Figured as much, IMO it is still a joke that something like a cricket world cup is not being shown in it;s entirety on FTA.

I guess the Free to air TV stations think there is no viewing audience for the non Aus games and like the AFL,  Foxtel pick up those non rating games which I presume get
relayed back to other countries like India, England etc..
I havent checked but I bet some of the Indian legal/illegal websites would have live feeds of the other games....

I think we will lose AFL games in the long run as the money for TV rights get bigger and the Free to air station need more support of pay TVers like Foxtel to cover all games.
The moral of this story is to become more successful and we will appear more on free to air TV

Reply #19
Best game of the tournament I reckon, Scotland v Afghanistan, the latter won 9/211 to 10/210 in the last over of their innings.

For once the bowlers have something going for them instead of tracks tailored for batsmen.

Reply #20

Pathetic I reckon.

I havent checked but I bet some of the Indian legal/illegal websites would have live feeds of the other games....

www.crictime.com

Inundated with crap you wouldn't download unless you asked for computer trouble by the stream itself is great. Can watch any game you want.

Reply #21
3-89 off 15 overs.

Aussies off to a flyer, kiwis have pegged us back a bit with a few wickets.

Good viewing so far. Ridiculously small ground.

Reply #22
5 for 96, Smith and Maxwell out. Aussies in trouble.

Reply #23
Aussie's crumbling like biscuits.... Over paid Prima Donnas... Pfft

Reply #24
Over-hyped....over confident and totally out played.

Finch zero or 100.
Warner... average ODI record.  Needs to scare sides with actual runs, not reputation.
Watson... finished... good bye.
Smith... form has vanished in the world cup.  Needs runs.
Marsh...  keeping a seat warm for Faulkner.
Maxwell... dumb cricketer. 
Clarke... fancy thinking he could have a few nets then play in a high pressure game like this and succeed...  premier test player but best ODI form behind him.  Horrible, horrible shot.

Have played so badly this game reeks of a set up but it *(^_(^(^* me off why we always play so awfully against this mob.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
Lot of "get out" shots... poor batting display. Still, if we can somehow get another 30 runs and get Macallum early you never know.

Haddin out... Jinx!

Reply #26
25 runs / 2 overs.

Playing like minnows.

Reply #27
At least got McCullum cheap (50 off 24 balls  ;D).  Cummins got him.

Reply #28
Ended up a ripping game. Starc nearly pulled it off single handedly.

Reply #29
Great game and I think we came out the winner even though the Kiwi's won the game...at the MCG we will beat NZ in the final if both teams makes it IMO given the conditions will be different and devoid of swing/seam which suits the Kiwi pace attack.

Boult the NZ version is impressive, swings the ball at decent pace and doesnt offer up much rubbish, Starc was able to counter for us but Johnson was woeful and got hammered on the smaller ground where miss hits go for six very easily.
The Kiwis play the game a bit different to other teams in the way they bowl to take wickets rather than stop runs and MCullum is a very aggressive captain
who just rotates his strike bowlers hoping to bowl teams out before he has to use his lesser bowlers..

Vettori changed the game and was the reason we fell in a hole after a good start...Watson's dumb pull shot where he was caught on the boundary started the rot and
we need a new No 3...
McCullum blasted our bowlers until injured but their other batters with the exception of the classy Kane Williamson are just sloggers who might find the MCG harder to clear the boundary.....