Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup 2015 (Read 20523 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Reply #30
When I was a young fellow I was cricket fanatic.
I stayed up all night listening to games from overseas
I kept stats and averages for all the Sheffield shield games (they weren't as readily available in the old days as they are in the internet age).
Over the years, for a number of reasons, I've lost interest.
I hardly ever watch games these days.

That game today just about brought me back ;D

Reply #31
Agree Elwood, just don't think they will have enough to beat Aust or SA at the pointy end.  But i'd be pretty happy to not have to play them over there in the semi.

Lods - something about a tight game of cricket that is really unique.

Reply #32
Agree Elwood, just don't think they will have enough to beat Aust or SA at the pointy end.  But i'd be pretty happy to not have to play them over there in the semi.

Lods - something about a tight game of cricket that is really unique.

Agree Bear that I wouldnt want to be playing them in the semis especially if its in NZ.....
Bit sad for me to see Martin Crowe be inducted into the hall of fame but be so sick and resigned to his fate and I hope todays result might see a miracle follow for him....great player and always a gentleman on and off the field.

Reply #33
We will never bat that badly again.......mind you, I'd give Watto the flick...that was atrocious & started the rot.  Bailey in the side for mine.

NZ - rely waaaay to much on Macallum.  But they can't be discounted now that's for sure.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #34
I never saw Australia bat, but the score card told the story there. Bowling I was definitely not happy about. Sure they took wickets, but way too many loose deliveries. Line and length issues from what I was watching. I haven't seen a score card from Australia like that for quite some time. Was the bowling that good from new Zealand, or was the batting that poor ? 152 all out was what I remember watching from Pakistan back in the 80's.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
Over-hyped....over confident and totally out played.

Finch zero or 100.
Warner... average ODI record.  Needs to scare sides with actual runs, not reputation.
Watson... finished... good bye.
Smith... form has vanished in the world cup.  Needs runs.
Marsh...  keeping a seat warm for Faulkner.
Maxwell... dumb cricketer. 
Clarke... fancy thinking he could have a few nets then play in a high pressure game like this and succeed...  premier test player but best ODI form behind him.  Horrible, horrible shot.

Have played so badly this game reeks of a set up but it *(^_(^(^* me off why we always play so awfully against this mob
Clarke has to play at some stage. It's a only group game so good as anytime to start. Would've had a hit if he got to play last week. That pitch was holding up alot after the ball got old causing alot of bad shots.

Marsh won't get dropped, 60 and 5 wickets against England. Faulkner will replace Watson.

Reply #36
A cracker of a game !!!!
I didn't think so after we were bowled out for 151. Out batting is very flakey.
Lucky our bowlers picked up the slack and nearly got us over the line.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #37
On reflection it is good to see the bowlers get the upper hand sometimes in this type of cricket.  :)

Reply #38
Damn good game of cricket I reckon.
We've done very well all summer and a loss now and again doesn't do any harm.
Faulkner in for Watson is a must. If Faulkner isn't fit, Bailey in.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #39
Damn good game of cricket I reckon.
We've done very well all summer and a loss now and again doesn't do any harm.
Faulkner in for Watson is a must. If Faulkner isn't fit, Bailey in.

Unfortunately it will be Faulkner for Marsh or Maxwell as dropping Watson will leave a gaping a hole at No 3. I'm no fan but Watson will play barring injuries as he wasn't the worst batsmen we had last Friday.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #40
We already have a gaping hole at 3... maybe try Smith there.  A real issue I have is the timing of Watson's dismissals... I have the perception that he tends to get out at times that are very bad for the team.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
We already have a gaping hole at 3... maybe try Smith there.  A real issue I have is the timing of Watson's dismissals... I have the perception that he tends to get out at times that are very bad for the team.

Probably right but his ODI record will see him given every chance at No 3.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #42
Kiwis through to the Final in a great game vs the Saffies who probably should have won given they got dealt a poor hand by the weather and the Duckworth Lewis system.
 A Grant Elliott six of Steyn from the 2nd last ball was the winning hit and the NZ fans went feral...er..more feral than usual....
Steyn and Philander both carried injuries which left the Saffies attack a bit light on but they fought it out and didnt choke this time...although they had one comical catching attempt where two players went for a skied ball and nearly collided and the catch was dropped at a crucial stage...
Saffies really wanted this win and several of their players were in tears at games end...

Aus vs India next and I expect us to win it easily with our better pace attack and then beat NZ who have had their slice of luck this tournament and I think
its about to run out away from their little grounds and banana ball bending conditions....

Reply #43
Kiwis are close to being favourites in this one. If we lose to India, I would expect NZ to completely smash India. We better not drop the ball (pardon the pun) in the next match. I never thought South Africa would miss the final. SA and Aust would have been expected to play the big one. Good effort by the Kiwis. Must hand them credit for the entire tournament so far. They haven't dropped a game yet so far. Might be time to upset them in the final. The one that counts. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #44
Solid start by us here. Plenty of Indian crowd noise, they do love their cricket.