Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup - 2019 (Read 21777 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup - 2019

Reply #15
What an innings from Coulter-Nile - a no 8 nonetheless!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Can't wait for the highlights

Reply #17

Yep.

Coulter-Niles batting and Starks bowling won the day.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #18
 That catch was amazing but some excellent clutch catches were taken as well.

Batting at the top was putrid.... Finch out to a standard off stump moving a touch,  Warner shanking it to point,  and Khawaja backing away.... That was particularly poor.   If I was Langer I'd be putting the acid on Uman to HTFU and start batting properly.

Lot of work to do.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
Knowing Langer I suspect they'll keep Khawaja and drop Maxwell.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20

It's no good the West Indians complaining about this when they act unprofessionally.

India and Pakistan have already worked out with DRS it is now become the job of the non-striker to watch the bowlers front foot. If you are not watching that front foot you are giving away many wickets.

Anyone who has watched the recent India Tour of Australia knows the impact that the non-striker can have when highlighting no balls to the striker, because they can signal the striker to challenge a dismissal when they have seen the overstep.

In that above picture, the non-striker is day dreaming!

Under the way DRS works now, with voluntary reviews available, an alert non-striker can determine the winner of the World Cup!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
As an aside, there is a radical change coming to cricket out of India's IPL.

The batsmen just drop their bats and run without them!

They've done a study over there relating to carrying the heavy bats preferred by players in the IPL. It has allegedly shown the time gain by not carrying the bat exceeds any the advantage lost but not having it to reach for the crease. It's not just the weight of the bat, but the change in gate when you carry something while running that has an effect.

It's not clear where this sits in the rules or how it will be governed when it starts happening, but you should see it first appear in the later overs. They will dress it up to look like an accident that the player running to the danger end drops their bat!

So;

- The weight of the bat affects acceleration and deceleration, the gain is multiplied greatly running more than a single, 2s, 3s or 4s benefit the most.

- Carrying the bat affects running gate.

In Women's cricket the benefit is even greater, as some of the gain is apparently proportional to the bat's weight over the player's body weight!

We shouldn't be surprised, baseball has known this for years!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
As an aside, there is a radical change coming to cricket out of India's IPL.

The batsmen just drop their bats and run without them!

Remember doing that at school back in the day.

Reply #23

Bet he never thought he'd get Man of the Match for his batting!

Good fightback winning after being 4/38. Australia had the worst of the wicket. It was bouncing, swinging, seaming all over the place.

Reply #24
That catch was amazing but some excellent clutch catches were taken as well.

Batting at the top was putrid.... Finch out to a standard off stump moving a touch,  Warner shanking it to point,  and Khawaja backing away.... That was particularly poor.   If I was Langer I'd be putting the acid on Uman to HTFU and start batting properly.

Lot of work to do.

They should have left the Finch-Usman opening combo intact. I t had been working a treat....

warner could bat at 5 or 6.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
Dhoni and the BCCI now trying to lean on the ICC over a potentially inflammatory nationalist symbol on his gloves.

Watch the tantrum that's going to unfold here when they don't get what they want,   really childish stuff.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Virat Kohli having a go at Indian supporters for jeering Steve Smith during the overnight match was a wonderful exhibition of sportsmanship.

Reply #28
Virat Kohli having a go at Indian supporters for jeering Steve Smith during the overnight match was a wonderful exhibition of sportsmanship.

A champion type quality you won’t find anywhere.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29

You can do that when you have caned the Aus attack for 350, not sure he would be so diplomatic if he only had 150 on the board ;)
Indians will be hard to beat if they keep that form up..