Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering (Read 58333 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

Reply #105
WRONG! Premiership faves in 2012, one kick from a prelim in 2011.

Wouldabeen coodabeens. I never thought we looked like actually winning the flag. May have played some entertaining footy at times, but I saw heroic losers at best.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #106
Wouldabeen coodabeens. I never thought we looked like actually winning the flag. May have played some entertaining footy at times, but I saw heroic losers at best.

whatever...we were improving, we had respect...and more importantly..i was fkn excited!

Reply #107
I haven't read all the posts, so going in fresh with this one. I understand that to go forwards long term you might need to go backwards just for a little bit. I just didnt understand how far backwards it was possible to go until I saw last nights performance. Last year I was somewhat ok about how we were going, I felt I knew where the team was at and what we needed to do to start climbing back up the ladder.

Either I'm a massive moron or a incredibly delusional idiot or even a bit of both, but I never thought I would see a performance like last night that now has me questioning aspects of the club I had rock solid beliefs in.

I loathe pinging individuals, be it players, coaches or admin as I will always support the club passionately as a whole. I have to question if the players have lost faith in the coach or each other. When Malthouse came to the club i was a stoic supporter of him, but my faith has been severely compromised in him.

Some of our players skill level is diabolical at best and decision making is really poor, are they still playing for each other or have they just gone into survival mode for themselves.

Carlton is so broken right now i seriously wouldn't even know how to start fixing it. This club needs a full on reset in so many aspects of functionality and I fear things are going to get even worse for a while.

I used to love going to the footy on the weekends, now its something I dread, but I'm a sucker for punishment and will always go.
SOS - "I hated losing"

Reply #108
How can Levi not show any form of kicking improvement? How?

Who is teaching him?

What do we do at training??

Says it all really.

Agree...same two handed ball drop, even Wayne Carey commented on how it has to be one hand guiding the ball to the boot..its a basic skill not calculus we
are expecting him to be taught....yet nothing changes..

Reply #109
Agree...same two handed ball drop, even Wayne Carey commented on how it has to be one hand guiding the ball to the boot..its a basic skill not calculus we
are expecting him to be taught....yet nothing changes..

Notice the awful drop from 25 metres but a perfectly decent ball drop kicking from 55  or in general play. The goal from 55 on the boundary was a floater but the ball drop was ok and he kicked through the ball. so he can kick, just have to get rids of the yips from close in.

Reply #110
We haven't really looked like premiership material in the reign of 3 coaches and probably as many popes. The common denominator being the playing list, at least it's senior members.

Rubbish, we have turned over the list equal to or more than any other club in the competition, it's just a bogus claim that the list is the common factor!

The fate of our club doesn't begin and end with two or three, and those seniors as you call them, Simpson, Judd, Gibbs as three of them were among our best last night!

Geez I hate to see where we end up when Simmo and Judd retire!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #111
We haven't really looked like premiership material in the reign of 3 coaches and probably as many popes. The common denominator being the playing list, at least it's senior members.

On field culture that pervades through the club. Put who you like in there, if the players won't work hard you're going no-where.

Reply #112
They are playing exactly the way they are coached, the problem is the way they are coached to play is mostly irrelevant to modern football and also doesn't suit our list!

Go back and watch the first few minutes of the 3rd term, you see a wide shot of the ground as we try to take the ball into F50. While we struggle to pick it up and use the ball on the fence line, three or four Wet Toaster's flood back across the outer wing and are standing spread across our CHF line waiting for us to bomb the ball. There is probably two or three of them for every Carlton forward!

We take the slow road to China every time, building compounds as we go, and when we get there we keep finding an army waiting at the border! It's fecking obvious!

FMD, the ancient Greeks knew the shortest way across a circle is through the centre. Our blokes look tired because the game plan requires them to run 50% more than their opponents. 30 seconds taking it around the boundary, 5 seconds watching it go back through the middle!

Finally the post match press conference, Malthouse struggles to recall even two or three names from the team he has coached for multiple seasons, do you lot need a clearer indicator it's over for him as a match day coach?

This is typical of the ageing process, stress causes an ever reducing number of neurons to misfire and people make bad or stupid decisions, they look confused and struggle to recall basic details after the fact!

It doesn't mean he isn't capable as a head coach or director of coaching, but he cannot match day coach, he looks confused and disorientated at times!

Think Mick was shattered. There was something subtle in the way he named leaders, or who he didn't name, during his presser. It was a message to some players about his thoughts without him saying it..

Reply #113
Rubbish, we have turned over the list equal to or more than any other club in the competition, it's just a bogus claim that the list is the common factor!

The fate of our club doesn't begin and end with two or three, and those seniors as you call them, Simpson, Judd, Gibbs as three of them were among our best last night!

Geez I hate to see where we end up when Simmo and Judd retire!

They may have been among our best but their best obviously falls a looong way short of what is needed. We may have turned the list over but we didn't turn over the leadership/senior players. That's where we need to be focused.

Reply #114
Think Mick was shattered. There was something subtle in the way he named leaders, or who he didn't name, during his presser. It was a message to some players about his thoughts without him saying it..

I had thought the same in the pass, a careful choice of words, even Ling said as much.

But I'm not so sure any more, and I think Ling is just being polite!

I've watched Malthouse on the boundary line, late last season and Rnd 1 this season and he looks confused, dishevelled even!

It's actually a bit sad!  :(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #115
They may have been among our best but their best obviously falls a looong way short of what is needed. We may have turned the list over but we didn't turn over the leadership/senior players. That's where we need to be focused.

It's just crap, we have some quality surrounded by sh1te and you're advocating to keep the sh1te and replace the quality.

Well if the new quality is still surrounded by sh1te it will still stink!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
I had thought the same in the pass, a careful choice of words, even Ling said as much.

But I'm not so sure any more, and I think Ling is just being polite!

I've watched Malthouse on the boundary line, late last season and Rnd 1 this season and, he looks confused, dishevelled even!

It's actually a bit sad!
:(

That's what CFC does to coaches - Carlton Syndrome.

Reply #117
It's just crap, we have some quality surrounded by sh1te and you're advocating to keep the sh1te and replace the quality.

Well if the new quality is still surrounded by sh1te it will still stink!

Wrong LP, where did I advocate keeping the sh1te? I think I said earlier that no one should be off limits, but we certainly have massive problems with our leadership that need sorting out before we can really start going forward, IMHO of course.

Reply #118
Wrong LP, where did I advocate keeping the sh1te? I think I said earlier that no one should be off limits, but we certainly have massive problems with our leadership that need sorting out before we can really start going forward, IMHO of course.

Do you read what you post?

Doesn't that mean turn over the leaders first, that is what "where we need to be focussed" means doesn't it?

I get it, you want the whole lot gone, very realistic, not unreasonable at all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
whatever...we were improving, we had respect...and more importantly..i was fkn excited!
x2

I used to love going to the footy.  Now I am loathe to go.  We have memberships, reserved seating, and we want to downgrade them - can you do that?  I don't want to go and watch that tripe.  Of course I will always support this club, but this has become ridiculous.  Going into year 3 and we are crapTER than we were 4 years ago - when we stabbed Ratten in the back to bring MM in to get a premiership.

Open your eyes people - never was never will be the man for this club.  We have wasted millions of dollars on this guy, wasted potential in Jeffy or Robbo, and anyone else that would' 'tow the line' of the great MM, he has not got anyone playing better, except perhaps Simon White, who probably would've come on a bit anyway naturally.

I'm embarrassed that our wonderful club has been so severely manipulated by this whole charade, was it Swan getting old mate MM the gig with us?  And then who bought over Daisy.  Fail. Fail. Fail. And meanwhile our good players have upped and left because let's face it, when people who are not as good as you are getting paid more than you in any job, you get resentful and leave.