Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Williamstown VFL Rd #1 (Read 19307 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues vs. Williamstown VFL Rd #1

Northern Blues vs. Williamstown
Saturday April 18th
IKON Park at 2.15pm

Northern Blues

B:Gowers Watson Buckley
HB: McGuinness Fields Dick
C: Holman Graham Tutt
HF: Smith Jaksch Viojo
F: Johnson Foster Walsh
R: Warnock Whiley Boekhorst
Int: Totevski Wilson Bransgrove Russell Bolger Dirago Perry* Strachan Wilkinson

Williamstown
B: Lockwood Faulks Mangan
HB: Masters Fahey Charleston
C: Marcon Jolley Wheeler
HF: Banner Clouston Dunell
F: A. Carr* Tighe E. Carr
R: Meese Johnstone Bugeja
Int: Gallucci Critchley Sing Chisari Bese Gibbons Conway McKenzie Anastasio

The opening game of the season at Ikon Park. Our team looks as good as it is going to get, but I expect a number of changes. I am not sure on Warnock's fitness and I would think it a miracle if Jaksch played after damaging his ribs.
Without Warnock we are toast, as there simply isn't a class ruckman available. However, we will see who lines up.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Northern Blues vs. Williamstown VFL Rd #1

Reply #1
Crash, is there a ruckman on the NB's list, or has the usual stupidity reigned in all things related to Carlton?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2
Crash, is there a ruckman on the NB's list, or has the usual stupidity reigned in all things related to Carlton?

We've been running blokes like Casboult and Watson in the magoos ruck, feck we've b0rked it up so badly it's hard to believe!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
We've been running blokes like Casboult and Watson in the magoos ruck, feck we've b0rked it up so badly it's hard to believe!

One thing that I thought Malthouse would do is improve our depth.  Unfortunately, he hasn't practised what he preached and our list has less depth now.

I think that the current affiliation arrangement with the NBs hasn't helped.  As others have pointed out, the Bullants were doing quite well and Carlton listed players were played appropriately back when David Teague was coaching.  The relationship with the NBs needs to be sorted and we need a coach who is the equivalent of a senior assistant (and not necessarily what we call assistant coaches).
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Shaun Hampson will be delisted at years end.

We can always get him back for screw all.

Would give us some sort of back up.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
Shaun had all the promise to be a winner. Is it his eyesight, I don't know, but he has not come through and further investment  could not be justified

Reply #6
One thing that I thought Malthouse would do is improve our depth.  Unfortunately, he hasn't practised what he preached and our list has less depth now.

Mick promised an across the board performance and he certainly delivered that.... Just not how we expected.

Reply #7

i thought the NB's has some american player around the 197cm height and built like a Russian tank on the list after he was overlooked as a rookie?

Reply #8
Shaun Hampson will be delisted at years end.

We can always get him back for screw all.

Would give us some sort of back up.

and we get megs back as well

Reply #9
Not really. Bolger is probably the guy who rucks the most, at 195 cm. Alex Aurrechio, from America, has done some and also plays down back. I don't know if he is ready yet, but he has a fair bit of athleticism.
I was looking at the NB's list and there was nobody above 200 cm. The Development Squad do sometimes use one of Northern's rucks on promotion, but usually survive on smaller types.
I do know that the NB's were in discussions with some taller types in the preseason, but I have no idea how serious they were. From the outcome, I'd say they were not serious at all.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
i thought the NB's has some american player around the 197cm height and built like a Russian tank on the list after he was overlooked as a rookie?
Alex Aurrechio. He is coming along quite well and has been close to a senior game. He has been named emergency twice that I can remember in the preseason. He was also named in the best playing in the development side.
He has been doing more ruckwork than he probably expected (and more than the club thought would be necessary: the original intention was to have him play as a defender), but with such a short list there were few other options.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Alex Aurrechio. He is coming along quite well and has been close to a senior game. He has been named emergency twice that I can remember in the preseason. He was also named in the best playing in the development side.
He has been doing more ruckwork than he probably expected (and more than the club thought would be necessary: the original intention was to have him play as a defender), but with such a short list there were few other options.

Cheers for that info Crash...like to see him in the NB's seniors...

Reply #12
What rock have i been living under! Since when was the VFL not televised??

Reply #13
What rock have i been living under! Since when was the VFL not televised??

I read that Ch7 now has the rights?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
That is correct. Channel 7 is now showing the games before their telecast of the AFL Saturday game. This week they are not showing us. This is, in fact, their first VFL game.
They are also showing the SANFL and the WAFL, but not showing the replays like Channel 2 did. So I will have less information to go on.
Live Long and Prosper!