Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel? (Read 11008 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne at Marvel?

Reply #60
Pew...he's had some stinkers this year but I think he gets picked for a specific role each week. At the moment we don't really have a third tall option and too many of the defenders are offensive types that don't really lock down on an opponent as such....Stocker has been used in that role but I'd love to see him just play in the middle for a full game and leave the lockdown stuff to blokes like Newman and, unfortunately, Plowman.

Reply #61
how does plowman always escape criticism had a very poor game did nothing .

Plowman gets far more criticism than he deserves!

He's third behind Weitering and Jones for one percenters and he does a power of work covering for Williams and Saad when they head off up the ground. 

What exactly did Plowman's direct opponent(s) do last game?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
how does plowman always escape criticism had a very poor game did nothing .
Usually plays an accountable role and IMHO I'm more interested in what his man is doing than Plowman himself.
Players like Vlastuin, Broad, Grimes, Astbury have done the Accountable work at Richmond leaving the kick winning, rebounding stuff to Houli, Baker and Short. At times Vlastuin and Broad in particular can look a bit messy like Plowman but they often get the tough awkward players and are the defenders under most pressure. Plowman might look messy like his Tiger counterparts but you have to look past that at the stopping role he does and what his opponent his doing.
Collingwood kicked a very low score and none of their forwards got of the leash so I thought Plowman gets a pass as did his other defensive teammates.

Reply #63
Plowman is a team player.  Hes often the one having to pick up "the loose" man and is getting across to the player that has pushed forward.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #64
Plowman is a team player.  Hes often the one having to pick up "the loose" man and is getting across to the player that has pushed forward.

Round 10…. We win vs Hawthorn, Plowman reported and injured.
Round 11, 12, 13  We lose all games, no Plowman (Papley, Ryan and Green all significant for their teams)
Round 14…..We win vs Adelaide, Plowman back in.

All coincidence of course.

Reply #65
Round 10…. We win vs Hawthorn, Plowman reported and injured.
Round 11, 12, 13  We lose all games, no Plowman (Papley, Ryan and Green all significant for their teams)
Round 14…..We win vs Adelaide, Plowman back in.

All coincidence of course.

I like Plowman, and I'd prefer him in the team, but you can go back and find plenty of games we've lost with him playing. You end up harming the point you're trying to make with that approach IMO.

Reply #66
Anything floating around about Brodie Kemp playing this week?

Reply #67
Regardless of their ladder position, the Kangabies are in good form... and that will be a greater challenge for us than some might realise. Possibly even a more difficult opponent than the inconsistent Dagpies.

Especially important game for - Kennedy, can he back it up? Consistency has been an issue for him. Similar for Dow, can he back it up and even improve? And can H put together 4 qtrs?

Really important, also, for Martin & Williams to back it up and improve.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
Baggers....from memory last year Kennedy came back into the side for the game against the Roos and was very good....reckon he's pretty important for us in the middle at the moment without Cripps.

Reply #69
We need to be careful versus this mob,  they think we're soft and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of their choppers target the likes of Walsh.  A few of their thugs have form against us.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #70
Pretty sure Jed Anderson was a culprit last year and might be an inclusion this week. Simpkin thinks he's a heavweight too.

Reply #71
Ziebell hasn't been backward in nailing our little blokes in the past and Zurhaar is a deadset hound.... Pushes blokes into fences,  tries to maim in marking contests, he's going to seriously injure somebody the way he goes about it.

Reply #72
I don't mind tough players, but abhor the hounds out there slyly "getting" blokes.  The kind that need to concentrate more on the ball and less on the other bullsh1t, but hey,  if the AFL won't sanction a couple of big name captains for questionable act, why expect the rank and file to play clean?

Reply #73
Anything floating around about Brodie Kemp playing this week?

I saw on IG that he kicked a goal and someone yelled out he's in.

Reply #74
Enz....that's what I saw and wondered if it meant anything. Would've been out by now if he was playing I think.