Skip to main content
Topic: Reset Rants (Read 67385 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Reset Rants

Reply #285
Murphy is a real tricky one....  some think he is a soft, weak player and leader, others think he is an undersized ball winner who has been battered from pillar to post.

I would not begrudge him leaving as he has given everything to the club but personally I don't think he would leave given that he has a fair few credits built up for sticking with it during some awful times.  That said, coming to the end of his career, he may be looking for a sunset contract.

I would like the club to be in a position to play him in a forward pocket showcasing his smarts and ball use instead of trying to take on younger, faster mids 15-20 kg heavier.  Unfortunately that's a luxury we just can't afford.

At the end of the day he is a senior player, of which we have few, and I doubt the "compensation" would be anything like his value to the club.

Nah, this is all just The Hun Footy Editor in chief Mr Flubbo ordering a minion to stir up some crap up to distract the footy public from CheatsFC's latest set of disgraces!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #286
Agreed, its classic Flubbo deflection.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #287
Agree.

I was gobsmacked when I saw the headline online.  I thought, where have they pulled that from?  Trying to either make more talk about us, when clearly we don't need anyone to keep talking about us, or deflection.

I doubt Murph would leave but who knows.  I don't begrudge him anything, he has put in 100%.

Reply #288
People will think it's all conspiracy, but behind the scenes there are some rumors surfacing about a split at CheatsFC, Worsfold versus the old world CheatsFC establishment. A war between CheastFC inbred royalty, the cockroach and the new CheatsFC order!

It's something we should keep a close eye on and learn from, if the rumors are true we do not want to go through this with the Silvagnis!

On behalf of the entire football public, I'd like to thank the Hirds, Thompsons, Watsons and Danihers for the gift that just keeps on giving! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #289
Murphy is a poor kick, cant really work as an outsider anymore, we need OBrien/SPS doing that role, if he wants to go as a free agent and we get a decent 1st rounder as compo then its give me the paperwork and where do I sign.
We need to trade in two quality bigger built mids and since we have SFA to trade we need picks and Murphy leaving can help us.......

The Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy era is over and we need to let it go and cash in what we can....

Reply #290
People will think it's all conspiracy, but behind the scenes there are some rumors surfacing about a split at CheatsFC, Worsfold versus the old world CheatsFC establishment. A war between CheastFC inbred royalty, the cockroach and the new CheatsFC order!

It's something we should keep a close eye on and learn from, if the rumors are true we do not want to go through this with the Silvagnis!

;D
;D ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #291

On behalf of the entire football public, I'd like to thank the Hirds, Thompsons, Watsons and Danihers for the gift that just keeps on giving! ;D
;D ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #292
Why is Murphy leaving now? Have i missed something??

Reply #293
Why is Murphy leaving now? Have i missed something??
Murphs the new whipping boy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #294
Relieve Murph of the Captaincy and watch him blossom!

Hopefully the bloke is a Blue for life....

Whilst I agree his kicking isn't what it used to be I do believe that's a mental/pressure thing...

At his best, or near it, Murph was sublime.

Hopefully again.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #295
Relieve Murph of the Captaincy and watch him blossom!

Hopefully the bloke is a Blue for life....

Whilst I agree his kicking isn't what it used to be I do believe that's a mental/pressure thing...

At his best, or near it, Murph was sublime.

Hopefully again.
x2. Can still be sublime if used in the right role.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #296
Murphy is a poor kick, cant really work as an outsider anymore, we need OBrien/SPS doing that role, if he wants to go as a free agent and we get a decent 1st rounder as compo then its give me the paperwork and where do I sign.
We need to trade in two quality bigger built mids and since we have SFA to trade we need picks and Murphy leaving can help us.......

The Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy era is over and we need to let it go and cash in what we can....
If we lose Murphy as a FA we will get sweet FA in return, maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick (see Waite and Betts examples for how the AFL view Carlton FAs). We need him playing, teaching our young mids. O'Brien has played what, 5 games? Looks OK, but needs a senior head around for the next couple of years. SPS looks disinterested, is going backwards at a rate of knots. We need Murphy at Carlton for the next 2-3 years

Reply #297
Article in the HUN about the compensation we would receive if Murph decided to go via free agency at the end of this year (ie, bugger all).  Is this a possibility ?  As we've seen with Waite, he's alienated himself from the club he played most of his career at.....and for what ?.  Is chasing a premiership in the last couple of years of your career worth it ?  I don't know, that would be up to the individual I guess.  Murph certainly wouldn't benefit financially from a move to a club in premiership contention.  Could we afford to lose yet another senior player of his class for nothing ?

For mine, I hope he stays & gets the reward in the last year of his career similar to Shane Crawford !!!

cheers

IF. That tiny word summarizes most of the propaganda we read in print  ;)

I too hope Murphy stays a blue. It would be a fairytale ending if he tasted the ultimate success before he retired.

Cheers to you too malo ????‍♂️
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #298

The drug cheats v the pharmacist  ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #299
If we lose Murphy as a FA we will get sweet FA in return, maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick (see Waite and Betts examples for how the AFL view Carlton FAs). We need him playing, teaching our young mids. O'Brien has played what, 5 games? Looks OK, but needs a senior head around for the next couple of years. SPS looks disinterested, is going backwards at a rate of knots. We need Murphy at Carlton for the next 2-3 years

I wouldnt give Murphy away as a FA for a 3rd or 4th rounder and take your point on free agency not being kind to us but we need to get other players playing his role now
and he needs to spend less time on ball etc...