Skip to main content
Topic: Reset Rants (Read 67368 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Reset Rants

Reply #315
Turns the ball over a lot IMO, a lot of his kicks are short with plenty of elevation, as I said in my last post I would manage him but give kids preference...ie Brisbane he plays to help win the game but vs the Crows he rests, ditto Kruezer.....Simpson to 300 then he retires....
This era with these older players has come to an end, we have to let it go and them with it......
He's had a foot injury.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #317
Not sure why he has been played then?, we seem to like playing injured players ie Kennedy, Marchbank.....and Thomas initially.....
Cupboard is bare and not infinite. We have been ravaged by injury this year, cant play all kids. If we did and lost, we'd call for the coaches head, board to be sacked and brand said injured players soft for not playing through injury. The reality is, all teams have players with niggles throughout the year. Some we know about, some we don't. In Murphs case, it perhaps explains his alleged below std disposal (I haven't noticed it TBH).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #318
Hawks moved Hodge and Lewis on because they wanted to rebuild with Mitchell and Omeara.....Gibbs wanted out for money and finals, its the way of footy now that players move around more and even loyal servants end up at different clubs for different reasons.
Cripps is now the unofficial anointed leader IMO......I'd rather we move on gracefully from the Kruezer, Gibbs, Murphy era and have other players taking on their responsibilities, if that means suggesting they move on like Hodge, Lewis then fine, if it means them stepping back and giving more games/time to kids then thats fine with me too.....they can be around to assist but I'd rather a kid like Polson play more than Murphy for the rest of the season given the year is over for us apart from development.
Play more seniors when its a more winnable game but vs teams like the Crows at home it would be Murphy out, Polson in for example....
You are aware of what Hawthorn got in return for Lewis and Hodge? We would be crazy to give away our reigning B&F for nothing. You're not making much sense here

Reply #319
You are aware of what Hawthorn got in return for Lewis and Hodge? We would be crazy to give away our reigning B&F for nothing. You're not making much sense here

Reigning B&F doesnt mean much in a bottom club, yep I am fully aware of what Hawthorn got for those two and S. Mitchell...nada....moving them on was about rebuilding the midfield with T.Mitchell and OMeara not worrying about the returns for Hodge and Lewis.
Sure I said I would like decent return for Murphy and be reluctant to move him on without good compo but the more I think about it and what Hawthorn did maybe you just have to accept the AFL compo pick what ever it is and stick to your plans like the Hawks did....they obviously had T. Mitchell lined up 12 months earlier and also must have been very sure that they could get Omeara over the line too...

Reply #320
The Hawks and us are incomparable IMHO.

They have enough senior leaders around to fill the void.  We lose two mature players and we lose three hundred games experience minimum and replace them with underdone skinny kids who can't play four quarters.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #321
Reigning B&F doesnt mean much in a bottom club, yep I am fully aware of what Hawthorn got for those two and S. Mitchell...nada....moving them on was about rebuilding the midfield with T.Mitchell and OMeara not worrying about the returns for Hodge and Lewis.
Sure I said I would like decent return for Murphy and be reluctant to move him on without good compo but the more I think about it and what Hawthorn did maybe you just have to accept the AFL compo pick what ever it is and stick to your plans like the Hawks did....they obviously had T. Mitchell lined up 12 months earlier and also must have been very sure that they could get Omeara over the line too...
If we've got genuine gun mids like Mitchell and O'Meara lined up the yep. ok, but I can't see any gun mids wanting to come to Carlton for 3 or 4 years of bottom 4-6 finishes

Reply #322
If we've got genuine gun mids like Mitchell and O'Meara lined up the yep. ok, but I can't see any gun mids wanting to come to Carlton for 3 or 4 years of bottom 4-6 finishes

Fair point about gun mids although I expect another attempt at Kelly, Shiel...

Reply #324
I suspect one or both are in the bag.....

SOSs track record at getting who is wants  is pretty bad, (first preference for our club... Freddie the blind miner could have done the job at GWS), prepare yourself for other GWS steak knives or cast offs from elsewhere.  :(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #325
SOSs track record at getting who is wants (first preference) is pretty bad, prepare yourself for other GWS steak knives or cast offs from elsewhere.  :(

I'm listening. Tell me who he went hard at and missed - other than blokes who stayed for a couple more years eg Kelly, Hopper?

Tomlinson?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #326
I'm listening. Tell me who he went hard at and missed - other than blokes who stayed for a couple more years eg Kelly, Hopper?

Tomlinson?

Tomlinson we had in the bag....until GWS reneged at the last minute (literally).  No much SOS could do there.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #327

Tomlinson?

Ignoring the blokes who stayed put because you never genuinely know if they have the intent to move, since SOS has arrived we are alleged to have chased the additional following players who moved clubs;

Caddy
Rockliff
Lever
Cameron
Smith
Prestia
O'Meara
Dixon
Treloar

If you want a bigger fish that list is a bit sad, because the club keep telling us we are going to land one! Based on our history you would have to say we are "Cheap Ar5e Fishing Charters!" All promise and no delivery!

I'm not convinced we need to land one, or that our publicly announced strategy actually fits our observed actions, it may be all a smokescreen just to test the market.

Even when we had the Superbait in the water, we got value for money not overs and not unders. I'll be impressed when we can land a whoppa on an earthworm!

I feel more than a Tom Lynch Tuna, we need a F50 version of the ACoS Kingfish!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #328
There was a time when we went after our man, we got him. Much like the Dawks and a few others do today... we were told we'd land a marquee player last year... tumbleweeds. Regardless of whether our targets stay at their club or change clubs, we've notched up plenty of failures in the past couple of years (see the Spotted Ones list.. and there's a couple you could add to that list). Either SOS is on the nose, or we are or both.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #329
I thought we were reasonably serious about Saad and Devon Smith.