Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427672 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #45
Lots has happened recently regarding the US election. Let's keep the topics separate.

https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=2457.0

(Sorry old habits, die hard) ;D

Reply #46
It's all good now, I got toilet paper today. No more newspaper and old CheatsFC newsletters. The bot bot will be very happy...for now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
It's all good now, I got toilet paper today. No more newspaper and old CheatsFC newsletters. The bot bot will be very happy...for now.
Looked on Ebay and there was a Quilton 24 pack for $220 plus $40 delivery.......😎 must be someone taking the No 1's..

Reply #48
The irony is that the 'dills that went troppo' for the toilet paper actually made it so that sane people who would just purchase on a needs basis were left struggling to find some if they hadn't made a recent purchase.
They were able to say 'Who is silly now?"...well it's still you, you silly rabid folks!
Makes you wonder how things would go in a real apocalyptic situation....seeing this is just the "pre-season"

There's also now the stigma many will feel now when they actually get around to making a legitimate purchase.
The judgemental glances we'll receive at the checkouts for our 8 rolls of double length Quilton.

Reply #49
The irony is that the 'dills that went troppo' for the toilet paper actually made it so that sane people who would just purchase on a needs basis were left struggling to find some if they hadn't made a recent purchase.
They were able to say 'Who is silly now?"...well it's still you, you silly rabid folks!
Makes you wonder how things would go in a real apocalyptic situation....seeing this is just the "pre-season"

There's also now the stigma many will feel now when they actually get around to making a legitimate purchase.
The judgemental glances we'll receive at the checkouts for our 8 rolls of double length Quilton.

re: Apocalyptic situation.....thats the serious side to this, if there was a natural disaster, war or similar I dont think the community spirit would carry us very far and it would be every man/woman for him/her self in a lot of cases.

Reply #50
The ONLY reason I became accustomed to interstate beers can be traced back to the frequent CUB strikes of the 70s.  To this day, I'll still enjoy a Coopers pale ale.  So we never really ran out of beer.  But this stuff is insane

Reply #51
re: Apocalyptic situation.....thats the serious side to this, if there was a natural disaster, war or similar I dont think the community spirit would carry us very far and it would be every man/woman for him/her self in a lot of cases.

Rationing would rapidly be implemented. This was still in place in my boyhood but I'm not sure how people would cope with it now. The black market would thrive of course as it did then. Plenty of opportunity for budding entrepreneurs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
I’m in Mansfield for the weekend and the dunny roll panic hasn’t struck here; the shelves are full ... and it’s only a two hour drive from Melbourne if you’re desperate 🤪
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #53
Orbost ... same

Reply #54
Just got home from Woollies down the Bellarine Peninsula, no toilet paper, no tissues, almost no rice left either

Reply #56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLD2Me-rGPk

Just another day at the supermarket.....thats why I pick Woolies..😎
Just putrid. We need to put this guy in charge, he'd sort out the imbeciles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB3fROT3f2M

"They're gone now, and there aint nuttin you can do about that"
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58
Just a positive one...Coles at Wynnum Plaza today.
Walked into empty shelves and just as I was about to go to the next aisle out came a trolley of TP.
No mad rush. Folks just stood back while the store people unloaded.
After they'd finished people helped themselves and just about everyone only took a single packet despite a store limit of 4.
Maybe it's calming down a bit.

Reply #59
That's great to hear Lods, I hope that spreads quickly