Skip to main content
Topic: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match (Read 48370 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match

Reply #135
Why can't Jones be more like a Brad Pearce type player, lead away from the main forward, Bolt or Hendo? Seems logical?  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #136
Sorry CIMM but Campo was not a downhill skier, star player mate, perhaps not in 1995 though which was his first year? the rest I agree with to a certain extent. Clape got ditched from the Eagles anyway. Manton was below average.
Campo developed into a weapon, at his peak was one was of the top five mids in the comp. Pin point delivery and never took a back ward step. Abit harsh on Manton I reckon carrots, went on to hold his own at FB when SOS retired. Dunno about below average IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
One my fave aspects of Campo's game was his hunger to hunt and chase down the ball carrier. I remember one game against Richmond in 2000 round 22 where they were playing finals and he did it to them twice, both times then swooping on the loose ball and kicking the goal. At his best he was awesome.

@BP

Pearce was a star footballer mate. Five goals in a prelim and then a GF plus a lethal left foot. He too was unstoppable at his best. Injury ruined him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #138
That 1995 team was chock full of talent. Carlton was a strong team in 1995, and had many people putting in sterling performances for at least that season, if not the 2 prior.  If not for a shock loss in 1994, and the heartbreak against the baby bombers in 1993, that would (and possibly should) have been a 3 peat.

I reckon that side is being under rated a bit, but thats my opinion.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson