Skip to main content
Topic: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match (Read 48596 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match

Reply #60
He was clearly our best player today, make of that what you will.

The boy can play and can certainly kick it well when he wants to.

There was only 8 players on the ground tonight (from both sides) that had worse disposal efficiency than him. Remember all those clearances he had....shows not many of them went to a teammate. ;)

Reply #61
Stoppages are overrated.
Gibbs is overrated.

Most of the players on our list are over rated by Carlton supporters, only about four or five would make it onto Hawthorn's senior list but I think Gibbs would be one of them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #62
Is that opinion or fact? I'd suggest the former.

Opinion obviously Brettie, in your opinion who was better?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #63
@kruddler

Cam Wood is clearly not the player Bryce Gibbs is. To use Wood's clearances as an example of why Gibbs' clearances would be of poor quality is just bowling another famous kruddler wrongun.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64
@kruddler

Cam Wood is clearly not the player Bryce Gibbs is. To use Wood's clearances as an example of why Gibbs' clearances would be of poor quality is just bowling another famous kruddler wrongun.

Simply saying that high clearance number does not equal a great game.

Also showing that Gibbs low disposal efficiency suggests for an elite kick he had trouble finding teammates.

If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck....

Reply #65
The boy can play and can certainly kick it well when he wants to.

There was only 8 players on the ground tonight (from both sides) that had worse disposal efficiency than him. Remember all those clearances he had....shows not many of them went to a teammate. ;)

A lot of his disposals were under pressure, he also laid plenty of tackles.
It wasn't his best game by a long way but I still thought he was our best player on the day, which only shows how woeful we were as a team.

Reply #66
It's not even worth debating any more.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #67
A lot of his disposals were under pressure, he also laid plenty of tackles.
It wasn't his best game by a long way but I still thought he was our best player on the day, which only shows how woeful we were as a team.

Lots of tackles = second to the ball.

IMO Judd was our best today.

When he had the ball, he put it to a teammates advantage. His kick into the forwardline to someone who was running back towards the pocket and caught it over his shoulder (Everitt?) was sublime and nobody else on the ground would've even thought to do that. Judd also kicked 2 goals and had 3 inside 50's. Had 3 more touches compared to Gibbs too. Still had 5 clearances for people who still rate them.

He made a difference around the ground.

Reply #68
Betts & Garlett 9.4.58
Defeated
Carlton 9.3.57

This made me laugh.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #69
Simply saying that high clearance number does not equal a great game.

Also showing that Gibbs low disposal efficiency suggests for an elite kick he had trouble finding teammates.

If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck....

I watched the game, I thought he was good. You don't see the inside work as clearly at the ground as you do on TV. Maybe give it another watch on TV if you can stand the pain.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
This game has to be close to the straw that broke the camels back. Is mick gone after this game. The connection between the coach and the players have me completely confused. I know I watch the game and we are becoming so much defending first, that taking a high risk to run the ball for a reward is almost a non event. I definitely saw far fewer tackles than what I have watched in seasons past. The intensity of the game is something we have lost across all the players. Our defenders watch the players they are told to guard and don't watch the ball in flight coming towards them. No wonder they find themselves out of position. How many times today did a GWS forward not need to take a contested mark. Mainly because the defender was out of position and couldn't spoil the football if they wanted to. Please people tell me I am talking rubbish and I must be imagining things. Why don't we run hard both ways. Why don't we run in numbers to support other players on the run? Why don't more of our players lead to free space?

Is this rock bottom yet? What are we going to do against Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide in the next 3 games ? Are we even going to offer a yelp in return for the pressure we will see placed on our players ? If anyone told me before the season start we would be 0-9 by our break, I would have told them to shut up. That they have no faith in a side that has potential. I was seriously wrong with where I thought this team is heading. Are they tanking? Please tell me it isn't happening again. At this rate a few seniors will be traded for sure. Not sure who, but Murphy, Gibbs are 2 that might need to worry. The spot light on them from the media could force our club to make some changes. Mick, you might not have a job soon. Caretaker could be in place by mid season. I see no improvements from last season. None at all. Its only my opinion, but I am certain a few feel the same way. >:( 
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #71
Mick's upping the ante this week. Apparently, GWS aren't just a "very good " football side, they're an "awesome" football side.

Talked about the huge difference in class.

Said some of our players are robotic.

The last thing he says to the players as they head up the race is "play the game."

Reply #72
Mick's upping the ante this week. Apparently, GWS aren't just a "very good " football side, they're an "awesome" football side.

Talked about the huge difference in class.

Said some of our players are robotic.

The last thing he says to the players as they head up the race is "play the game."

Externalizes every problem.

Mick "It's not me" Malthouse.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Maybe give it another watch on TV if you can stand the pain.

Mate, i barely got through it the first time, and i was there....no way in hell i'm going to put myself through that crape again!

Reply #74
Gibbs wasnt our worst but just doesnt impact enough or change games...Treloar from GWS seemed to be in the middle of all their attacking moves and
was a prime mover. Gibbs games are never games you would describe as being that of a prime mover that makes things happen and initiates attacks.

We were insipid today and losing is now a acceptable outcome to the players who apart from old man Judd showed little heart or pride and its hard to actually comment
on such a weak and dispirited group that cannot fight back and surrender so easily.... :-[ :( >:(