Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59627 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #165
Hampson... It's not often a player leaves us and goes backwards...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #166
Carrazzo out, Warnock in.

Please, can someone explain to me why Warnock would replace Carrazzo? Please.

Nick Graham... stop flirting with the coach's wife.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #167

With Warnock in, Casboult is able to play FF for the entire game - first time this is going to happen, which is positive. Pity we don't have a CHB tonight.

Reply #168
Cannot believe that once again this lot have brought in Warnock as a late replacement, it hasn't worked yet so why persist? This club is one more stupid decision away from loosing me forever, I now hate watching them and I have bled blue since 1969...
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #169

Yep
He's going to play a run-with role on Selwood ;D
Sacrifice his own game

No.... JD's probably got it right in terms of roles.
Not sure we'll see anything too different though.

Reply #170
Bucks sub!!! Scratching my head at some of these decisions but what would I know  :o

Reply #171
Bucks will get 13 touches in the last quarter and be dropped next week...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #172
Hampson... It's not often a player leaves us and goes backwards...

He hasn't, he's playing in the VFL which is where he played most of his football at Carlton.
We got Docherty for him, I still can't believe it.
Warnock in is just an indication of the state of our list, he's another dud that cost us a good draft pick.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #173
Oh well, may not need to worry about MM's selections after we lose tonight. Ch7 news reporting a rift btw MM and CEO/Prez at boiling point following MM's presser comments yesterday RE rebuild. Trigg was on 3AW, suffice to say "not happy Jan". My feeling is MM will be gone next week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #174
This game game gives me the visual of a Mortal Kombat finisher. We are just standing, dazed, wobbling waiting for the words FINISH HIM to pop up before having a harpoon thrown into our chest and out heart ripped out.

I seriously hope we catch that harpoon and hurl it back where it came from! COME ONE BLUE BAGGERS!!!!!

Reply #175
He hasn't, he's playing in the VFL which is where he played most of his football at Carlton.
We got Docherty for him, I still can't believe it.
Warnock in is just an indication of the state of our list, he's another dud that cost us a good draft pick.

I actually don't mind Warnock and unlike most, prefer him to Cameron Wood. When we were playing well a couple of years ago, Warnock was our number one ruckman and he moves surprisingly well around the ground.

Reply #176
Once again, Jones makes a mockery of this culture argument.

How? To me it strengthens it.

Jones tries.
Watson doesn't.

Jones will run, present, chase and tackle.
Watson will stand there with his hand in the air.

Mick doesn't have too many options at present, but if given the choice between someone who puts in, and someone who doesn't...its an easy call!

This doesn't mean Jones is the answer to our issues, it just means that Watson isn't.

Reply #177

Ideally we would want a KPP coming in like Hendo or Jamo....or Kreuzer. We are a bit light on for talls this week. At least this allows Casboult to play forward all game....and have Wood as help. Rather than play alternate with Wood.

Reply #178
Just listened to Trigger on MMM, very, very impressive. Didn't dodge and weave. Admitted being perplexed with MM comments this week.

Gave me confidence (re his responses ..and not so many clichés!) the honesty and strength he showed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #179
Just listened to Trigger on MMM, very, very impressive. Didn't dodge and weave. Admitted being perplexed with MM comments this week.

Gave me confidence (re his responses ..and not so many clichés!) the honesty and strength he showed.

Can't have confidence in anyone anymore.

Not from Carlton.  The ones that talk well have a silver forked tongue and the others just flat out lie.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson