Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59835 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #135
Do you want to gift players a game who do nothing with them? What kind of message does that send to players who are busting their gut in the 2's?

Jones did nothing in the twos. You tell me what message bringing him back is sending to the group, especially Nick Graham.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #136
Blues by 14... just kidding  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #137
Our bad run with injuries hasn't exactly helped our cause this year...

Even so, the system should stack up with or without injuries.
We have always been too reliant on too few, and if they dont fire we havent fared well.
Yes injuries don't help, and everyone gets them, but that should be the difference between winning and losing, not being competitve and getting belted.

This is why I now believe our (as in the collective) arguments about 2012 have been wrong.  Some say you can't use injury as an excuse, but this is what they mean.  Others want to use injury as an excuse.  Sure.

Either way, we lose a few top players and it falls away too fast.  We need that to change pronto, because our better performers are not far off retirement, or about to be traded away to bring in draft picks.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #138
Jones did nothing in the twos. You tell me what message bringing him back is sending to the group, especially Nick Graham.

I watched all of the NB game last week and you are dead right.  Graham tore it up, and Jones did SFA. 

I don't get it. 

Reply #139
I reckon you can carry an injury to a player here and there but if you get hit by a bunch to the wrong players, you're forked.

Reply #140
well talk about line in the sand game tonight is the one,carlton fc will stand up tonight.we will play 4q and win and win some respect (LITTLE) back. 

Reply #141
Unfortunately we have no chance tonight -zilch.For us to be competitive ,Murphy,Gibbs and Judd has to star and Jones and Casboult need to kick 8 goals between them.Our backilne is a joke ,who will mind Clarke,Rowe will get Hawkins ,I can see Hawkins kicking 5 and that is before 1/2 time.
It will be a very long night
CATS BY 50 POINTS   

Reply #142
need to run clark around as for hawk put him down for 3,but in themiddle we have to win the game 

Reply #143
I watched all of the NB game last week and you are dead right.  Graham tore it up, and Jones did SFA. 

I don't get it.

Unless sos has spoken to graham hes safe graham should be speaking to his player manager now....for an exit..

Reply #144
need to run clark around as for hawk put him down for 3,but in themiddle we have to win the game
And the mids must be defensive when they don't have the footy and allow easy ball into Hawkins. If they don't, he could 10.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #145
Why do you think we subbed out Watson?

Was it because he was injured? No.
Was it because he had run himself off his legs? No.
Was it because he was giving us nothing out on the ground? Yes.

Now lets address something else.

No, it was not 50 minutes of game time. You say that enough times and people start to believe you. He actually had 57% TOG (Time on Ground). Now, that is not 57 minutes. That game went for 124 minutes. Doing the maths for you, he played just under 71 minutes. What did he do in his 71 minutes? He got 3 touches. That is basically 1 touch a quarter.

I don't care how little the ball got down to the forward line. There were countless times were all 36 players were in one half of the ground. So there were countless times he was within 1 kick of the ball. How many times did he run and present?

You keep screaming to give him a chance. We gave him a chance. He was THAT bad that it was a wasted spot. A spot we can give to someone who appreciates it.

One got 6 weeks the other got one. If you could do anything on our forward line last week you'd be a genius. Jones did bugger all for weeks yet he's straight back in. With Henderson still out, we don't have alot so why not give Watson another go. He had at least be doing alright with the NB's and did well in his only other go up forward. Jones on the other hand has shown nothing, zip, zero. I'd prefer him to Jones when it gets down to it while Henderson is out.

When it comes down to it we'd have been better keeping Jaksch in and putting him forward. To bring Jones in ahead of him is a joke. Jaksch will have a crack, Jones workrate is poor.

Reply #146
Once again, Jones makes a mockery of this culture argument.

Reply #147
LOL JK that was Doro and SOS mate, not Rowe and White. They are Detroit Spud City.

Ha, yeah....but to be fair Hawkins & Clark are not Lockett & Loewe either.   :)

Hawkins is possibly Loewes equivalent.......Clark is just massively overrated.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #148
Hi guys,
Just checked the VFL team & no mention of Humfrey B Bear. This leaves the following options:
1. Did they forget to include him on the team sheets?
2. Is he injured & the club keeping it quiet?
3. Perhaps a late inclusion for the main game?

I have no idea, which of the above is true so make up your own mind.

Below is the VFL team sheets as found on the club web-site

Backs             Gowers   Watson   McGuinness
Half-backs           Smith   Jaksch   Dick
Centreline       Viojo-Rainbow Graham   Boekhorst
Half-forwards Bransgrove   Fields   Johnson
Forwards   Ellard   Foster   Walsh
Followers   Warnock   Holman   Whiley
Interchange (from)   Wilson   Russell   Bolger
    Dirago   Murray   Strachan
    Wilkinson   Aurrichio**   Johnston

Reply #149
Unfortunately we have no chance tonight -zilch.For us to be competitive ,Murphy,Gibbs and Judd has to star and Jones and Casboult need to kick 8 goals between them.Our backilne is a joke ,who will mind Clarke,Rowe will get Hawkins ,I can see Hawkins kicking 5 and that is before 1/2 time.
It will be a very long night
CATS BY 50 POINTS  

I'll be completely ignoring this match & having dinner with my wife instead.....sick of being a foul mood leading into the weekend ....refuse to allow it anymore.

If I wake up to a surprise result saturday morning...I'll be surprised !
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.