Skip to main content
Topic: SSM Plebiscite (Read 110264 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Father's Day ad pulled!

Reply #1
I can't even begin to show my disgust with what is happening in this country/world.

There was something on sunrise about whether Father's Day should be special persons day.
F@rk off with all the bullsh1t.

I am completely sick of the crap spewed up.
I don't even celebrate days like Father's Day anyway, as the kids know I am not into designated days for stuff like that.
But seriously... Why would someone remove a day that celebrates Dads or Mums and change it to some whitewashed version?

Why would an ad be pulled that shows a song I used to sing my kids to sleep with when they were babies?

The PC world can honestly fark off.

And this is me not starting  ;D :o

Sorry, this crap annoys me so bloody much

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #2
Pulling the ad is silly and pointless. Lesbian same sex couples get to celebrate Mothers Day with all the mums, and gay male couples get to celebrate fathers say with all the dads.

Problem factor : zero
Care factor : less than zero

Reply #3
I can't even begin to show my disgust with what is happening in this country/world.

There was something on sunrise about whether Father's Day should be special persons day.
F@rk off with all the bullsh1t.

I am completely sick of the crap spewed up.
I don't even celebrate days like Father's Day anyway, as the kids know I am not into designated days for stuff like that.
But seriously... Why would someone remove a day that celebrates Dads or Mums and change it to some whitewashed version?

Why would an ad be pulled that shows a song I used to sing my kids to sleep with when they were babies?

The PC world can honestly fark off.

And this is me not starting  ;D :o

Sorry, this crap annoys me so bloody much

x2...Ditto on celebrating these days, just money spinning stuff for retailers, but I am sick of these other agendas affecting daily life, bit like Kindy's/Councils cant hang Xmas decorations
for fear of offending different groups...

Reply #4
Wouldn't we be more inclusive of them if the lbgti community simply just stopped segregation and identity by group but rather by person?

The equality debate is one that annoys me.

People don't get equal treatment on any level and that includes gender.  Not all guys are part of that distinguished boys club that get all the benefits.

We won't get equality by ensuring everyone is represented equally.  We get equality by seeing people rather than what subset they belong to and give everyone equal opportunity.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
Wouldn't we be more inclusive of them if the lbgti community simply just stopped segregation and identity by group but rather by person?

The equality debate is one that annoys me.

People don't get equal treatment on any level and that includes gender.  Not all guys are part of that distinguished boys club that get all the benefits.

We won't get equality by ensuring everyone is represented equally.  We get equality by seeing people rather than what subset they belong to and give everyone equal opportunity.

I think in terms of the discussion at hand, what the LGBT community want is marriage equality, not "overall equality". Also, they weren't the ones that pulled the ad, or demanded that it be pulled. Although reading that article it seems as though that Dads4Kids and the LGBT community have issues with each other in the past. If you read the article, Dads4Kids are not as innocent as they make out.

Gender disorientation pathology anyone ?

Reply #6
Anything put out by a group that advocates "gay cure" should be shunned by the responsible media.

It's interesting that the Hun leads with outrage at an attack on Father's Day when it's nothing of the sort.

As a proud heterosexual father, I'm outraged that a bigoted, anti-gay group has attempted to make political mileage out of a day that means quite a lot to me.  They deserve to be f-----d up the a---e with the rough end of a pineapple - but they'd probably enjoy it more than they'd care to admit.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
I think in terms of the discussion at hand, what the LGBT community want is marriage equality, not "overall equality". Also, they weren't the ones that pulled the ad, or demanded that it be pulled. Although reading that article it seems as though that Dads4Kids and the LGBT community have issues with each other in the past. If you read the article, Dads4Kids are not as innocent as they make out.

Gender disorientation pathology anyone ?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

My point is coming from a place where I see a Carlton lbgti supporters group created, and wonder why in 2017 is this necessary??

You wear navy and irrespective of whether you like Arthur or Martha you are a Carlton supporter and part of that group.

The point being that people are accepted for who they are, not whom they screw.

Paul Hewson

Reply #8

My point is coming from a place where I see a Carlton lbgti supporters group created, and wonder why in 2017 is this necessary??

You wear navy and irrespective of whether you like Arthur or Martha you are a Carlton supporter and part of that group.

It's a social group. Necessary doesn't come into it. People intersect, interact, and bond with each other for many different reasons and interests, and this applies particularly to minority groups. On one level, I could be part of a larger group because we support the same team - I could form a subgroup within that larger group for CFC supporters who are Brad Pitt lookalikes. Why ? Because I can, and because I want to, and because others want to as well. I could be part of my local residents action group, many of whom may hate football, or be Bomber of Pies supporters, but we're united on a particular cause, yet we can still retain our previous likes, dislikes, biases etc.

We have had in the past the Wog AFL team of the century, the Italian team of the century, Greek team of the century etc. Why ? Are they not all AFL/VFL footballers ? I'd say because the Italians who support AFL want to have a little fun. I don't poo poo a particular player because they're not Italian. Many things can coexist quite happily and quite easily, even though they may seem pointless, contradictory, or counterproductive.

Anyhoo, as to the Ad itself, it's not a great ad. That Dads4kids group and the LGBT community clearly don't like each other, and the Dads4kids group made a submission to the government in 2014 which contains dubious ideas from the 1950's. Clearly a group to keep an eye on.

Reply #9
And while I'm here, happy Fathers day to all the dads out there. I hope you all have a fab day.

Reply #10
It's a social group. Necessary doesn't come into it. People intersect, interact, and bond with each other for many different reasons and interests, and this applies particularly to minority groups. On one level, I could be part of a larger group because we support the same team - I could form a subgroup within that larger group for CFC supporters who are Brad Pitt lookalikes. Why ? Because I can, and because I want to, and because others want to as well. I could be part of my local residents action group, many of whom may hate football, or be Bomber of Pies supporters, but we're united on a particular cause, yet we can still retain our previous likes, dislikes, biases etc.

We have had in the past the Wog AFL team of the century, the Italian team of the century, Greek team of the century etc. Why ? Are they not all AFL/VFL footballers ? I'd say because the Italians who support AFL want to have a little fun. I don't poo poo a particular player because they're not Italian. Many things can coexist quite happily and quite easily, even though they may seem pointless, contradictory, or counterproductive.

Anyhoo, as to the Ad itself, it's not a great ad. That Dads4kids group and the LGBT community clearly don't like each other, and the Dads4kids group made a submission to the government in 2014 which contains dubious ideas from the 1950's. Clearly a group to keep an eye on.

Sure I respect all of that, but isn't this an example of accusing people of not being inclusive and then deliberately excluding yourself?

I don't think there is a Carlton Greek supporters club, or an Italian Carlton supporters club et Al for arguments sake.

Fwiw my argument comes from a place of acceptance not bigotry which is why I'm raising these questions.

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Sure I respect all of that, but isn't this an example of accusing people of not being inclusive and then deliberately excluding yourself?

I don't think there is a Carlton Greek supporters club, or an Italian Carlton supporters club et Al for arguments sake.

Fwiw my argument comes from a place of acceptance not bigotry which is why I'm raising these questions.

It seems to me as though you're thinking in "either/or" rather than "both/and". A broader CFC supporter group and a LGBT supporter subgroup can happily coexist, no problems at all. You can bet London to a brick that the LGBT group would happily accept straight people. Setting up such a group does not mean they are deliberately excluding others. People are allowed to have special interests, are they not ?

Reply #12

Thry I was going to say this when the LBGTI Supporters group post was made but feared the backlash by people who took it the wrong way. IMO, creating such a separate group is actually anti logic and creates further division which should simply not exist. Happy for someone to explain why it would not. AFAIC, we are all one people not matter what race, religion, sexual orientation etc. I just dont get why in 2017, people just dont get it. Whats important is peace, love and respect for one another.

As for the fathers day add banning, these PC kents can GAGF as it has gotten beyond the joke.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
And while I'm here, happy Fathers day to all the dads out there. I hope you all have a fab day.
Cheers Pauly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #14
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/companies/not-everything-is-about-samesex-marriage-fathers-day-ad-deemed-too-political-for-tv/news-story/08f5f7bea0357def1bea39858fe70dbd

What is going on in this country?

Reckon it is fair enough - this isn't a "community service announcement", in light of the SSM debate we should have this sort of rubbish clearly identified. That goes for both sides.

Doesn't matter that they have run it for 15 years, the SSM debate has seen it have more scrutiny and it doesn't pass muster - they need to identify it for what it is. That's all they have been asked to do.

As a Dad I don't need this sort of sh1t on TV today anyway.