Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 17: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Ikon (Read 10668 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 17: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Ikon

Reply #60
LeBois 2 years in and still having fitness issues. Will be interesting to see if they keep him on next year. Would be a real show of faith in him if they do.

It's see you later for Kim you'd think....

No point having 'talent' if you can't stay on the park.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #61
LeBois 2 years in and still having fitness issues. Will be interesting to see if they keep him on next year. Would be a real show of faith in him if they do.

It seems that LeBois lacks the durability to play VFL, let alone AFL.  He promised so much with that miraculous goal but it’s hard to see how SOS could have any gauge of his ability/potential.  I suspect that it will be too much to ask to show more faith in him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
I'd be more focused on working out how to get Garlett and Pickett to play to their potential....

Both great athletes and footballers (skill wise) with speed BUT struggle to get involved.

Both will be better with a full pre season no doubt.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #63
I'd be more focused on working out how to get Garlett and Pickett to play to their potential....

Both great athletes and footballers (skill wise) with speed BUT struggle to get involved.

Both will be better with a full pre season no doubt.

Pickett is the complete package but seems to get lost in games and has too many time periods where he doesnt touch the footy...needs a run up the field more, Bolton needs to
get more inventive how he uses him.
Garlett by design tends to avoid getting involved in play especially where there is heat on, just likes to sit back and keep the jumper clean...can do the big chase and tackle
but its more a novelty tease than anything regular....give him another year but I'd like to see his attack on the ball improve...has the skills so its a shame to see him not involved more.

Reply #64
Pickett hasn't played much footy on the past five or so years with significant injuries.   He's essentially a second-year player in his development at best.  I'd persist but he must get fitter to stay more involved.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #65
Pickett hasn't played much footy on the past five or so years with significant injuries.   He's essentially a second-year player in his development at best.  I'd persist but he must get fitter to stay more involved.

Picket indeed does not not look AFL-standard fit to me and if he was he could be a very dangerous player imo. Garlett , on the other hand, does look fitter but seems to prefer a more outside type role. Both go missing at times but for different reasons.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
Yep, get Pickett uber fit and play him more in the guts.....quicker than most other players without trying too hard presently....

Garlett, if he can snare 1.5 goals a game and chase a bit, that's ok.

My forward six, 2019 on...

HF        Fasolo     Charlie    Garlett

FF         Pickett    Big H       SOJ/Crippa/Kennedy

Back ups:   Kerr/Lamb/Wright/Lang/Levi

And yes, multiples medical opinions on Fasolo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67

Do the medical opinions have to be the same? If you want multiple opinions that would be easy I think.

Reply #68
What I like about Pickett is his clean ball handling.... You can't teach that.   Players that fumble cost you in big games.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #69
What I like about Pickett is his clean ball handling.... You can't teach that.   Players that fumble cost you in big games.
Every time he has the ball in his hands I look forward to the outcome, not many players you can say that about. If building his fitness will allow him to get it more often then we can strap ourselves in for a pretty exciting ride.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #70
Yep, get Pickett uber fit and play him more in the guts.....quicker than most other players without trying too hard presently....

Garlett, if he can snare 1.5 goals a game and chase a bit, that's ok.

My forward six, 2019 on...

HF        Fasolo     Charlie    Garlett

FF         Pickett    Big H       SOJ/Crippa/Kennedy

Back ups:   Kerr/Lamb/Wright/Lang/Levi

Wouldn't touch Fasolo with a barge pole...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71

Make that two barge poles!  I'd rather gamble on another youngster if we can't get an established player of greater value/impact than Fasolo.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #72
Fasalo has good skills and is a great mark for inches but cant stay on the park, not the greatest trainer either is Fazzy boy as he likes to be known and I dont think he would
fit the requirements of Bolton/SOS who will be looking more for that pressure type of small/med forward who will chase/tackle and create turnovers.
Fasalo is more your one on one player where he can outmark his opponent or get hit up on the lead, he doesnt do much of the 1%ers...
I'd be tipping he will want to return to WA....

Reply #73

Seems to spend a lot of the time injured.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #74
Well, he kicked 29.29 in 2017.

If he had kicked remotely straight (which he normally does) he'd be a 40+ goal kicker....easily.

Sure the ankle/foot needs due diligence....but the guy is class and experienced.

Would come cheaply me thinks.

Salary cap concerns the Pies do have.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!